Reviews for No More Room In The Oven
dreadpoodles chapter 8 . 5/12
I understand your pain. My sister has had 2 miscarriages and a stillbirth. The one child that survived she named after me. He was the joy of her life, and I myself adored him. He died after two months. There are now four grave she visits every Sunday. Despite this all, she somehow has the will to go on, and to keep trying. Even as our cousins show of their babies she still smiles and cradles them in her arms. I don't know how she does it, but she does. Just keep going. Keep trying.
Le Dancing Flamingo chapter 8 . 5/3
I've been following this for a while and when I read the author's note in the first chapter I had gotten pretty excited. After I saw the update, my heart broke considerably. I'm so sorry for your loss, I couldn't begin to imagine how it must feel. Just know that that's a beautiful name you chose for a beautiful angel baby.
Voyna chapter 5 . 10/28/2014
I didn't expect this update and very honestly, I was amazed at it. I was amazed at your strength and your capacity to move on, even after all these things happened to you. I just love how objective you are. But what I love the most, and I am repeating myself, is how you are making this fic easy to relate to in so many life situations an individual may face. I'll be honest, I cried. It just happened.
The first part of this chapter was so full of hope.
You and I both don't know our fathers. And maybe that is why I always had issues with Hiashi. He never understood the luck he had of having a daughter always so willing to invest herself in something, of never giving up. Instead of appreciating her effort and encouraging her, he seemed so eager to destroy the last little light in her, until he obviously changed in the manga as well. But it is you that has finally laid it at rest for me. I guess I needed Hiashi to at least once, even in a fic, to do the right thing and stand by his daughter against norms and rules. It is ok, I think that now I can face the end of the Naruto adventure thanks to you. Your fic calms me in moments of hysteria and reminds me of how easy I have it, and that is something precious.
And now ... the part you have waited for. Some more Kiba bashing. I honestly try to be understanding towards him. I get that any type of bodily fluid is disagreeable to look at and to smell. However, his reactions are all so immature. From the way he talks to Hinata to the way he deals with THEIR problems. That is where the problem lies, he doesn't understand that the changes in Hinata's everyday routine is not her problem, but THEIR problem. And maybe is it even more of his problem than hers since he is the one that insisted for them to keep their baby, you would expect him to get out of his comfort zone. Then again, I still feel that he tries his best to man up, the fact he at least offered to get her something was thoughtful. But his best is not good enough, he needs to get in there and take up some responsibilities. He obviously hasn't thought about the delivery and how he is expected to be there.
Tell me, would you mind if I mentioned your fic in my next update in 1-2 weeks? I just feel that there is too much senseless romance out there and that people just don't try to make their brains function anymore. So I would like to encourage some of my readers/acquaintances to read your fic. But I don't want to name you without your permission or something.
MsChifSantos chapter 5 . 10/28/2014
This was a unique take on Hiashi. He's usually an ass and I like that you went with another approach. I would've been so upset if he had turned his back on her.
Guest chapter 4 . 10/19/2014
Aww sorry to hear that happen. Children are a blessing. And pregnancy is a bit scary but it's worth it. When you first hold your child you'll see the world in a totally different way and every trial you've endured during your pregancy won't matter. It's like falling in love all over again, but with so much love that you feel like there's no room in your body to carry it. People really look down upon having a baby and saying how "hard" or "difficult" it is, but they never mention the good parts about it. had my baby at 18 and now 2 years later I have another one coming. I hope you continue soon! I would love to see what else happens next.
Voyna chapter 4 . 9/16/2014
Yume! I am in the middle of programming and I couldn't stop myself from reading this.
I honestly found it so ... Poor Hinata. First of all, that dream with the fish was a true nightmare. For so many reasons. This idea that live fish simply seep out of a duck is monstrous. But the fact that it meant previously the birth of a child ... she might have twins?
Now the fact that a very pregnant, hence nervous, tired and worried, Hinata is stuck living with roommates really made me turn my eyes. Not so much because I find the situation is one that could be avoided, lack of money simple can't be avoided, but because I am amazed at how people can be rude. I take in account that she isn't showing yet and that it hasn't become national news just of yet.
I worry for this Hinata. Kiba does make mistakes sure, but he does his best to be as supportive as he can be. However, he just doesn't realize that always bringing back the baby in the first plan. Hinata is having nightmares of becoming a human incubator, is stuck living with a couple that obviously has problems, still carries around all that luggage with her ever so supportive father, and he has to go jump out in the middle of a dangerous fight. But at the same time, he doesn't accuse her of anything, doesn't throw his moralizing thoughts at her anymore, he has grown quite a bit. But I just can't get over the fact that he simply went away to do something dangerous when they needed to freaking get roommates because of lack of money. What if something had happened to him? He might have died, he might have sustained injuries that would have necessitated surgery. Where would they have gotten the money from?!
I am just happy to know that the real thing you lived through had a happy ending.
Now, dearest Yume, permit me to wish you a very happy birthday. I wish you much health, happiness, that you never lack of anything and that you live to see another eighty birthdays pass!
Brain Dead Tampon chapter 4 . 9/15/2014
Happy birthday! ! Loving the story.
Voyna chapter 3 . 8/25/2014
Honestly, this chapter was without any doubt the best of all three.
I do not feel at all that you have made it depressing. I find it so realistic and truthful.
I must say that part at the beginning with Kiba and Hinata discussing her pregnancy and that part at the end, close a circle. A pretty vicious one at that.
To me, this is a social critique. First of all, Hinata is the one that is pregnant, she is the one that will always, in the eyes of society, have to bear responsibility for the child. We can indeed argue that at the moment the place of the father as responsible figure in the family has been expanded. But let's be frank, there is some damn bigotry behind that. It is always the mother that is looked at when the child acts off. And here you have her trying to explain to her partner her feelings in a very rational way.
Yes, she has not lived her life and she has the right to feel that all the experience she has not gotten yet might be a drawback in her life. One day, she will need to teach that child about life, and what if she hasn't had a life?! Who sounds selfish? I was really mad at Kiba, like really really. He is a shinobi, in other words, he will be there and then he won't. Will he take a paternity leave for six months to take care of the child? Will he be the one to teach him/her how to read and write and go to school meetings while having to feed a working wife?! He just didn't listen to her and swept all her logic worries and frights under the freaking rug.
Now, let us take a good look (I am pissed, yes, ma'am, I am) at healthcare. They live in a society that has not seen fit to insure free healthcare (abortions included). Which means, this idea of choice that is proclaimed all over the world (choice to keep the child or not) is not really a choice, when a lot of young women cannot afford it. Can Hinata go back and beg for money at the Hyuga compound? I can imagine her family the way it is will give her the: you've got yourself into trouble, now get yourself out of it. So where is she at? She is either forced to keep the child unwillingly (this does not mean that she might not have changed her mind, so many women decide on an abortion and realize they actually want the child, and the other way functions too) either she can decide on going the route of illegal abortions. How safe is that?! This is not me wanting her to get an abortion, on the contrary. However, she should have the CHOICE.
And finally, that part with Tsume. Maybe it is me being too mad, but I found it a little manipulative to tell his mom about the pregnancy, knowing full well what her reaction will be, without having settled the matter of whether Hinata felt like she wanted the child or not. Sure, she is thinking about how her life is over, but that doesn't mean she doesn't want the child. That means that she doesn't see how she can resume a normal life after the child is born. Someone should maybe discuss it with her. Maybe she will have the chance of having Tsume and Kurenai sit down with her and talk about pregnancy. And maybe Kiba will realize she needs more support than a squeeze of the hand.
You see what you did there?! In a very simple way, you transformed the story of a young woman that got pregnant without expecting (which happens to so many girls on a daily basis) in a powerful social critique. The right of the father over the birth of the child. Adapted healthcare for young mothers. The place of family and the pressure young women can feel. I love this fic, as simple as that. I know I am repeating myself at every chapter, but this means so much. It is realistic and down-to-earth without being cold or unfeeling. On the contrary, it is so full of emotions that it makes us almost feel Hinata's inner struggles.
I don't know what to say besides: Amazing.
Voyna chapter 2 . 7/23/2014
I can't believe that had I not been on the site at the moment I might have missed this chapter! I didn't know that putting in Favorites wasn't enough to get an update alert.
You know, a very dear friend of mine had a child at about that age, in a foreign country that spoke a language that had nothing to do with her mother-tongue. This fic somewhat reminds me of what she had to go through as a young woman. I really feel attached to this pregnant and somewhat lost Hinata. Things like that happen and when you are not ready, you simply are not ready. Some people are not ready at all and they make the choice to abort, other people are not ready and they decide to get themselves ready the way they can. Looking at how she is managing with all the pressure around her, Sakura telling her she has to give up her work, Hanabi pressuring her into keeping the child and Kiba ... Kiba didn't say a thing. I can imagine him still in shock wondering why he did not listen during sex ed class to know how put on a condom correctly. Your fic actually makes people think, it's not simply the type of senseless romance story that you go through as fast as possible to make you feel good for a split of an instant. Your fic makes one get into other people's shoes.
As for your own case, and it is none of my business at all, and I don't want to be the type that pulls people into my camp, but my mom did tell me something when I was a teen: "If I did anything bad, you are lucky you realized it so that you don't make the same mistake with your children." So, you do have your mom and some of the advice she will give you will be universal and welcome (looking at my friends I have realized that changing diapers is not as easy as it may seem from afar, and that is the moral of your story), and there always is other advice that you will be able to put into the "The Hell I will" box. But whatever the choice you make, whether to keep the baby or not, you are doing the right choice. Hang in there. Someone who so lucidly approaches pregnancy and so realistically depicts it will always be ahead of whatever happens.
BriAllDay chapter 1 . 7/22/2014
Awesome opening chapter! I really love Kiba/Hina I think they would be tooooo cute together. Congrats on the baby, I personally have zero desire to bring a kid in the world but I do love children they're adorable and pure I'm sure yours will not fall short of the adorable category. Good luck with your pregnancy a lot of girls these days make it seem like it's a walk in the park but bringing another human being in the world is tough work you'll go through a lot so I'm glad that you'll be sharing your experience with others. Please update as soon as you can! Congrats again!

P.S-You're going to be a mommy! Has it sunk in yet?!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/22/2014
Haha I know what u mean about pregnancy, I had two and it was not fun the first trimester. Don't take long to update.
Voyna chapter 1 . 7/22/2014
Okay.
Okay, let me take in a deep shuddering breath before this fic goes directly into my favorites, by-passing the follow period (I feel like I am getting married to it).
KibaHina was my first fic when I was 16 years old and this couple is most probably my little impossible dream. Sure I write GaaHina and SasuHina (just because of illicit reasons), but KibaHina has something soft, loving and deeply affectionate to it.
I simply laughed my head off reading about the fish. It made me think about a KisameHina couple (which would be original) and what their offspring would be like. I love the way you captured Kiba perfectly, in that careless way he is. I love the idea of a Inuzuka grandma (she must indeed be a huge pain in the butt). And I simply love where this is going and the summary makes me hope for a lot of other funny situations.
About your own pregnancy, I wish you all the luck in the world! Could the baby and his mom be healthy. And hang in there with the morning sickness.