Reviews for A Long Way Down
Guest chapter 1 . 11/25/2014
That was so cool! Thank you ! I always was so frustrated about elronds history I mean to sum it up you could just say he loses every ne in his family some way or the other so I am so happy because of your solution. :)
TrinityC chapter 1 . 4/9/2003
That was just magical! You've struck just the right balance between fairytale (the rope-of-hair idea is just inspired) and humour (poor Glorfindel! and I can just see him singing at the Balrog as he cut it down. . .) for a gorgeous tale of wish-fulfilment and dreams come true. The rope hanging from the sky reminded me vaguely of a story I read years ago, but I can't remember what it was called or even what it was about. . .and I just loved the bit at the end, in which Earendil's star does indeed stop moving over Imladris, and then has to rush to finish its journey before dawn. Just lovely.
Mysterious Jedi chapter 1 . 4/4/2003
That was cool.
Lutris chapter 1 . 2/19/2003
Lol, I've read Elen Atarwa before! and the only image of Elrond pointing to the star with the rope at the side of Glorfindel was awesome! hehe I adored these lines:

"I tied the line to the tree," Earendil said simply. "Else my ship might drift away without me."

Nodding as if he heard of anchoring stars to trees all the time, Glorfindel spoke. "Ah. I go to

put my Lord into his bed. If you would follow.?"

great! that was hilarious.
Arinya chapter 1 . 12/30/2002
Hey that's the sweetest Elrond fic I have ever read. And I congratulate you on not using his wife as a focus point. Extremely original! And sigh...the way Earendil came down to meet his son is so...just like him...lol, can't exactly describe. But the impression I get from his family line is that. The stars, night, and dew add so much to the scenery and image.

Good Work
Phoenix Flight chapter 1 . 12/22/2002
*impressed* Where did you ever get plot bunnies like those?
Ngia chapter 1 . 11/17/2002
Very cool! _ LOL, I hadn't ever thought Earendil could try something like this, but it is interesting and hilarious none the less, though I do feel some sympathy for Glorfindel, being flattened like that has to be painful. O.o! and the idea of cutting one's hair?, _ Imagining a slightly bald Elrond's adar, is hilarious!
The Former D45 chapter 1 . 11/12/2002
*is howling at the thought of Glorfindel's glare* Ah, I know I wouldn't want to be the one who received such a look! Good fic, Sky! As always, you have come up with a excellent, workable, and very unique storyline for your ficcy. I applaude you!
legolaslover chapter 1 . 11/11/2002
i like this story...um..that's all i have to say.

:D
Stacey chapter 1 . 11/11/2002
Awww!

*snigger* Poor flattened Glofindel.

You particularly like making Elrond faint into Glorfindel's arms, don't you. *grin* ... *dirty thoughts*
Amancirith Carangarien chapter 1 . 11/9/2002
SkyFire, have I mentioned lately that you're my hero? If not, you are. Really. This was just so sweet. And poor Glorfindel, getting flattened by Earendil. *g* Did I mention that I loved this?
Tina chapter 1 . 11/9/2002
You never cease to amaze me. You are just an incredible writer. This little fic is so...can't explain. It draws a big laugh and a big awwww from the reader and not many writers can do that. I love your work.
Kazaera chapter 1 . 11/9/2002
Ooh! I inspired *this*? Wow! :)

I like it, I really do. As you might have noticed by virtue of my story *smirks* I've always been interested in the relationship between Elrond and Eärendil. Having them meet was cute... (I want Eärendil to meet the twins! Grandchilren!) and the hair idea was just hilarious, same as the Glorfindel idea (defusing the angsty moment, one might say.) I also loved the "You finished the paperwork? ALL of it?"

All in all, a beautiful fic and I am proud to have written things that inspired it!
Mercredi chapter 1 . 11/9/2002
That was very sweet. Kind of like a whimsical Elvish "fairy tale." Would that make it an Elf Tale?
Clarenova chapter 1 . 11/8/2002