Reviews for Portraiture
ae2000x chapter 1 . 11/29/2019
how utterly fascinating!
choco-muncher100 chapter 1 . 9/10/2018
I want another chapter! Good work.
Rez chapter 1 . 11/16/2016
Thank you for the fic. I was surprised by the final product, and that Zuko was surprised by his scar being included. I almost feel like he would have assumed the scar would always be portrayed, and that was his reluctance to sit for the portrait in the first place. It was an interesting devlopment and surprise. Thanks again. KTN
GrumpyCat503 chapter 1 . 8/23/2016
Great one-shot! Loved that you had Zuko smiling in the portrait.
Ani-maniac494 chapter 1 . 7/24/2016
This is wonderful. I absolutely loved this look at Zuko through an artist's eyes, and the last few lines are absolutely perfect.

Fantastic work!

Ani-maniac494
Hiniwalay chapter 1 . 7/7/2016
Damn.
My thoughts when I read that last bit.
But, in my thought, Zuko has definitely been damaged. But never broken, not once. And thanks to his friends, his new family, he's healing.
It's like his scar. He'll always have the mark left by his family, to represent his previous pain and troubles, but it's just that; a scar.
gredly forge chapter 1 . 10/10/2015
This was a really interesting take on Zuko. I love the thoughts of Lian that we see. Very nice
Guest chapter 1 . 10/6/2015
Wow, amazing !
Brytte Mystere chapter 1 . 8/10/2015
I loved it.
I wish someone would do his portrait, to be honest.
I wonder how the one in this fic would look like?
Aqualys chapter 1 . 8/5/2015
I love this story! You really managed to capture Zuko's character. I like the idea of showing the new Fire Lord through the eyes of one of his people. I love the fact that Zuko is the first Fire Lord smiling in his portrait.
But the very best part is the end. You wrote it in a very reallistic and touching way. Of course Zuko hates his scar (and himself I think), and would be shocked to see it. Damaged is the best word to describe him (and that's part of why we love him! XD). Congratulations!
Always-Striving chapter 1 . 12/22/2014
That was simply beautiful. Everything about Zuko was so well said, and through the critical eyes of a painter! It adds something so unique to what could just be a mundane, run-of-the-mill character study.
shyangel101 chapter 1 . 9/18/2014
Awe I loved this so much! Zuko is a fanatstic character and describing him through a painters eyes was a great way to explore it. I like that he painted the scar also the fact that Zuko was the first fire lord to smile in his portrait. This was a very moving one-shot that brought out so much emotion in me, thank you for writing it! :)
RakshaDaemon chapter 1 . 9/8/2014
Hopeful, the first part is so hopeful, but the last bit...it made my heart ache.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/15/2014