Reviews for The Blood of Freedom
Sakuragane San chapter 23 . 12/6/2018
I’ve heard the poem before, it’s kinda like ‘If I never got hit with the (volley)ball in my face, my glasses’ frames wouldn’t have broke, and I wouldn’t have to get new ones, and because I need new frames, we find out it’s no longer in production, which means a whole lot of work,’ kind of thing. I often think about this, and the ‘Butterfly Effect’.
I’m thinking the ‘horseshoe nail’ was either the spell book, the mishap to send young America back, or even earlier, the glitch in timespace causing young America to come over into the mordern days.
Dangara2610 chapter 25 . 11/27/2017
Have a nice day! Well allow me to call myself a "ghost reader" , a term arround facebook fanfics pages, potraying a reader who just read and leave no review, no fav, nothing that let know about his pressence, well, I'm a ghost reader who wants to materialice and leave a tiny trace of gratitude for you.

Sometimes its difficult to leave a review, for example, I work, so its hard to take the time to write feelings or only a mesage fic by fic, even when you are in home, type aloud its inconvenient, the family ussually ask, 'what are you doing?' and then get a little guilty for not doing what I should be doing, or even, most like a vice, when I'm so absorted reading that... when the fic end up, I need another just 'rigth know' and so I dont leave nothing... I need that to end

I need to thank you dear author, because each one history, writed by you and fellow authors, each one had been one of the reasons I'm growing in knowledge and wise, every history, the long and the short, the fun, the trilling, the sad, I need to give you my apologies and my gratitude in this message.

Also, you may see this copy-pasted arround, maybe you will be disapointed that I said the same to many authors, but, this is my message So... let me tell that the only diference between this messages and my others copy-pasted ones, it is the number of fics I need to thank for, and the turn number I'm currently: 34/600

Saying that, I want to wish for your happyness, encorage you to keep the balance arround your beloved ones, your duties and your pleasures, may God bless you with his migthy, sorround you with his love and lighten your road arround your life, until next time nvn/
Jazzi chapter 1 . 12/7/2016
Quite interesting! :) I'll be looking forward to reading the rest of this; as well as your other stories. Thank you for your time & keep on writing! :)
Gwntan12 chapter 12 . 9/6/2016
DAVIE! NO!
FlowerFoxWings chapter 25 . 6/25/2016
***SPOILERS***

To be honest, I don't normally like time travel stories because of the resulting paradoxes, but I liked how you handled it at the end. Good idea to make an alternate universe. Even better that alternate!Canada was the one that caused it in the first place (I love how you hinted it). Because now it means both sides made the events happen. If alternate!Canada hadn't tried to change history, then America and England would not have been sucked into the alternate universe and changed the events. But if they had not changed the events, alternate!America would not be dead. Brilliant paradox!

I enjoyed the way you portrayed the characters. I have seen England portrayed hopelessly clingy to colonial!America, to the point where it makes me sick. But you didn't portray him like that, thank goodness. Colonial!America was assertive, and he did not rely on anyone, as I almost expected. He truly seemed ready for independence, not hopeless lost and a crybaby. America is not stupid (the only thing I hate about the anime). He made mistakes (getting captured), but at least he handled them smartly (debatable because if he told alternate!England the truth he might of let him go). He and England tried their best to fix the problems they made (but they really failed). Poor England. At least he did not make the situation worse; he had enough common sense not to antagonize colonial!America. (I also really enjoyed the lack of shipping! Romance tends to distract and ruin great story plots.)

When I think about it, the whole mess could have been avoided if alternate!England just gave the book to England. I bet if England actually told alternate!England the whole truth he would have even tried to help them return to their universe. Or at least given England the book and let him go on his merry way. 'Tis a shame.

However, I found the ending a bit, for a lack of a better word, lazy that you had Canada and Norway rescue America and England. It seemed like an abrupt easy way out. On second thought, I cannot think of a better alternate way for them to have returned home, so I think it suffices. Especially since alternate!Canada needed to have England's book to cause the events. (No doubt he mesed up the spell and caused the phenomenon.)

Great job, and I'll read the sequel as soon as possible.
Karano chapter 25 . 1/18/2015
Waaaah, this was amazing! Sad, but amazing.
Ummm, we are getting a sequel, right?
*makes hopeful eyes*
America chapter 25 . 1/15/2015
Nooooooo!? I need more! Sequel please!
Guest chapter 25 . 1/15/2015
I am so sad! But that last line definetly gives me hope! I would very much love to see a sequel! I loved every moment of this story, it is one of my favorites easily! You have done a fantastic job, and I am very excited to see whatever you have planned next!
FreeWeirdGal chapter 25 . 1/16/2015
Well that explains how the spell was cast
Guest chapter 24 . 1/13/2015
Whoa! What!? How! No you can't leave it there! What is going to happen! No! I need to know! I hope to see more soon, great work!
meapzilla2mouse chapter 25 . 1/15/2015
Oh my god! That's why the first spell Norway did found Canada after the war! Ooh I can't wait for the next chapter!
England chapter 24 . 1/13/2015
Wow.. Bloody brilliant! I cannot wait for more.. Please update soon.
America chapter 24 . 1/13/2015
OOOOHOOHHHOHOH MMMMMY GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD! BEST CHAPTER EVER! IM CRYING RIGHT NOW! CRYING! POOR AMERICA! THE RIPPLE EFFECT WILL CATCH UP RIGHT? AMERICA WILL DISAPPEAR! NOOOOOO YOUR KILLING ME! THE FEELS! AWESOME CHAPTER AMAZING STORY. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THATS HOLY UPDATE SOON... IM DYING HERE PLEASE! UPDATE SOON..
This is the best fanfiction I have ever read.. I feel like im on the battle field watching...great writing just brillant.. your doing a great job. BRAVO!
Cannot wait for the next chapter.. (SOON Please) ;)
Karano chapter 24 . 1/14/2015
What is happening...WHAT IS HAPPENING. Noooo, dear Alfred ;_;.
Hoy gods, what about the rippling effects...wait...
I dare hope...ROMANIA? He was the one, right? I've never loved him more, maybe except on National Day...oh goddess...I would've never predicted that :o
So does that mean what they did was useless...nah. It'd be too simple ;_;
This chapters gave me so many feels that I can't do more than a few keysmashes. Yes, I'm not coherent. No, I can't calm down.
;_; Alfie, tho...
Karano chapter 22 . 1/14/2015
No, no, no...
Romania, move your ass and do something with Norway, faster! God, I'm so scared right now...