Reviews for Salvation
Qoheleth chapter 1 . 10/11/2015
Dear Eliana:

Hmm. So how is this a Bible fanfic, exactly?

Sincerely,
Qoheleth
TimeTotsintheTARDIS chapter 1 . 8/10/2012
Just out of curiosity... why did he send his son to die? That seems... not very well thought out. Why didn't he just forgive us? The whole son to die for our sins bit just seems a bit circuitous.

Curious Atheist
Passionofawriter chapter 1 . 7/24/2011
amazing - I've been searching all of Fanfiction to find some sort of story on Jesus, or God.

POSITIVE, might I add. Most I see are just stupid. One of them was a gay one, where John(the baptist) and Jesus were romantically linked.

I just want someone to write a story. I want to post a Jesus story on Fanfiction, but nothing seems to be working. The programme is messing up, and I have no idea how to upload documents (though I have been searching)

Can you help me, please? Either by writing it or telling me how I can upload stories on this thing?

Thanks,

with love,

Passionofawriter
spunkiegirl chapter 1 . 3/11/2005
That was really good...interesting metephore (sp?) with the trees.
Mummraa chapter 1 . 2/4/2003
Hmm...this pretty much sums up most of the aspects of Christianity that I disagree with.

So humans are basically unworthy of life, cheap, and replaceable? What sort of people do you hang around? Because my friends and family aren't like that at all...and neither are you. I can certainly think of people who *aren't* worthy of life (like those who have taken the lives of others), but they're in a minority.

I also disagree that God (if there is one) has no responsibility toward us. If you create a sentient being, you have a responsibility toward it. A mother can't just abandon her kid if she's tired of it. Even if-to use your bug-metaphor-someone buys an ant farm, they still have a responsibility to feed their ants.
DragonRaye chapter 1 . 12/15/2002
definitely hit the nail on the head. it's the truth that most people don't want to face: they talk about heaven like everyone will get there some time or another and try to build up brownie points toward it. the truth is that the Bible is like this little skinny road on a map of all the other stuff in the world that you would never find if someone hadn't told you about it. i don't mean to make the Bible less than what it's meant to be, but i think that gets my point across. tell someone. for better or worse, they'll know the road is there. and you've done just that.
Chaos of the Scythe chapter 1 . 12/9/2002
A really good piece.

~Heart of the Sword
Bethe chapter 1 . 12/8/2002
This was an amazing lil essay. I actually thought the intro about the trees was very relevant to the point. I mean, we are basically trees to God. We can "easily be replaced" if He should ever feel the flight of fancy to do so. But he didn't, and he doesn't. Instead, he sent His Son to be our sacrificial lamb. Very well written. Hopefully, this may help out those who have questions to get some answers about Christianity.
Smiley-Bear2 chapter 1 . 12/8/2002
John14:6 Jesus said I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the father except through Me. You are right I don't care how good a person is they'll never make it to Heaven if they don't take Jesus Christ in their hearts. Awesome piece! R&R my work sometime and keep your faith and by all means keep writing we need more people out there to spread his words.
jesuslover chapter 1 . 11/11/2002
Contrary to what some of your other reviewers might think, "man's unworthyness" is central to this argument and I think you spent the perfect amount of time on it.

The beginning was a bit rocky, but, then again most beginnings are. (Esp. Mine)

~jesuslover

PS Check out my fic: Sin.
Sarathiel chapter 1 . 11/9/2002
...I've had moods where I would die for trees. Heh.

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."

Anyway...nicely done. You had a few misspelled words ("soceity") but overall I liked the writing style; it sounded natural.

As for content, well, don't confuse society with humanity! I may have a tendency to despise humans in large groups, but individually we're not all that bad. If Jesus thought we were worthy of dying for, who are we to argue? :)

The idea of salvation and of dying to save someone else is a powerful one, and I think this might have been better had you focused more on that and less on humanity's unworthiness. Of course, I'm an atheist in a happy mood who doesn't care to dwell on her own patheticness right now, and I'm probably not the target audience.

(How do *you* know trees aren't conscious? _)
K2 chapter 1 . 11/9/2002
"I mean, trees are good, they help the earth, and there's lots of little creatures that need them, but do I love some trees enough to die for them?

Psssh. Nope.

Trees don't have intelligence, they don't talk, move, or do much except... well, be trees. They might provide some shade, and I might look at them and think "wow, what a pretty tree," but other than that, have they ever really done much for me? Is the world going to miss them that much? Not really. Trees can always be replanted."

This is such a horrible understatement that it clouded the rest of the nice message in this piece. . . however then I got to the end (with the website) and I felt a little better. That first part thought was pretty lame. Come on . . . trees are a hell of a lot more vital than some tree hugging hippies might like to make you think.
Harvestboy Goobus chapter 1 . 11/9/2002
...wow... can't say much more than that... This is really amazing! I could NEVER write something like this!

Anyway, I feel the same way in just about... everything! I hate this society and what it's become. Looks have become everything and what's on the inside, what REALLY counts, seems to get less and less important.

But the great thing is that, although this world is so mcuh worse than it was even back when Jesus came, He'd do it again in a heartbeat. That's how much he cares about us... it just makes me want to do MORE!
Mercuria chapter 1 . 11/9/2002
*grin* I like the rainforest bit.

Hmm, well, this is truly a moving piece.

Unfortunately, I must *dun dun dun* tell you what I think about the theology involved.

I've personally always thought that it takes more courage to live than to die. Sometimes in my life I've been so completely filled with grief that I've wanted to kill myself. But then I thought, "Committing suicide is just letting the rest of the world win." If you live through your sorrow and frustration, you emerge as a stronger person.

All right, so let's assume that Christ died to save the world. Years later, the world is actually in pretty bad shape. It seems like a lot of the good he has done has been undone.

Now, if I were the messiah (run and hide, everyone) I wouldn't spend 30 or so years doing good things and then go out with a bang. Martyrdom is highly overrated, in my opinion. Instead, what I would do is spend my entire life suffering the ordinary pains of the world with the rest and die in bed at the age of 89. But please don't misunderstand me. I would also do my best (and if I were actually the progeny of god it would be a whole lot easier) to be a phenomenally good example to others and work for humanity's benefit, but I wouldn't want to die for the sake of others. I'd want the strength to live for them.

And I'm not starting a fight or anything. I respect your point of view, because it's a nice one to have. And this is a very sweet piece. Good job!

-Mercuria the Rambler
Anifan1 chapter 1 . 11/9/2002
Nice job, will go to the site after I review. A few spelling errors, but nothing major. Anyway, good job, keep writing!