Reviews for Quite Different, Quite Nice
nicayal chapter 1 . 3/8/2016
After the longest day at work ever, which is still not done and inching on 12 hours, and what do I do instead of wrapping up and heading to bed for a well deserved rest?

Why, dick around on FFN trying to find something to read, a glass of wine filled near to spilling next to me at my desk, naturally.

It's been awhile since I've read any of your writing. A few years, maybe. And during that time I know I've received email notifications of new stories going up. Just haven't gotten off my lazy arse and puttered over to this corner of the internet to read them.

Ahh, though! I know this one is a few years old now, but can I just say how much your writing has improved since your first story on this site, in terms of prose quality and realism of portraying m-m stories, both?

It has. And this story was so relatable to me as a gay guy. I had friends, both self-IDed bottoms, who actually tried to date for awhile. Didn't go over so well, or last very long. Shocker.

The dialog was just a treat to read, from the sexy come-ons to the realisation that they were both wanting the same thing from one another, something neither was willing to negotiate. Because, let's be honest here, with two bottoms, there's no point. Literally. (OK, I'm done making dumb puns. xD)

Their ages threw me for a loop a little, since I initially assumed they'd be older, but upon additional consideration their inexperience probably makes their refusal to consider being versatile a bit more realistic. Most older gay guys I know are usually a little more flexible, especially if it's someone they think is hot (older being at least over 30, if not inching towards 40...none of this age 23 is old nonsense). That two teens are stubborn enough to discuss terms in a hotel room though is just flat-out hilarious to me.

And, of course, the actual sex scene was hot, as expected. But, really, your writing shone most in the back-and-forth banter, and in their post-sex determination that they'd keep in contact if they wanted to play around again.

Really great piece. Quite enjoyable. Nice, even.
The Crystal Pen chapter 1 . 12/7/2015
Another amazing short. Loved it.
AmyHeartXVIII chapter 1 . 2/9/2015
Ingenious. I never would have thought of this scenario. You grab the reader with the initial sexy meeting, keep them engaged with a hilarious dilemma and witty dialogue, and then finish out with a delicious lemon. Good work.
Red-Travels-The-Furthest chapter 1 . 12/14/2014
*whistle and applause*
Crashley chapter 1 . 9/22/2014
Omg, I love reading believable fan fictions. This is the first time I've ever read a fan fiction where there was a real sort of awkwardness that happens. I had two friends in real life who had been flirting when they first met, the smaller of the two was a pushy bottom, and the other was a submissive bottom. It took them a week to really come to the full discovery that it wouldn't work out between them. They didn't have any fancy double sided dildos or anything and didn't have insane chemistry like Axel and Roxas both do in this fic but I thought this fic was so hot. It's hot, and endearing because it's the first time I've EVER read a story about two bottoms. It makes me so happy, normally I prefer Axel on top because he has a slightly more dominating presence in my mind, but with this fic, if I could ever commission you to write a sequal for it, do you think it would be possible for you to write Roxas as a top?
I know you're sort of falling out of the Axel x Roxas fan fiction fandom, I can understand but will you would you still be open for commissions? You can write me back at ashthetwisted yahoo . com.
DoNt.do-tHis.2-ME chapter 1 . 8/10/2014
Ha Ha very interesting!
Yumi Kei chapter 1 . 8/9/2014
That was QUITE DIFFERENT! Ha ha, but different can be good, and it was ;) SO nice to see a little something something akuroku from you.
Insert-somthing-creative-here chapter 1 . 8/8/2014
O_O I've never read something like this... wow just wow
EchoSkies chapter 1 . 8/1/2014
The storyline caught me off guard because I have never thought of Axel to be the bottom..(mostly because of how his aggressive personality categories him in the actual game) , but this is a really good jaw dropping Akuroku story! I like how they're both surprised about finding out they were ukes. Well, this is a pretty good story to end off my night, so thank you for your wonderful juicy story!
Ldrmas chapter 1 . 7/27/2014
One of them will hopefully break eventually and top the other. I hope we get that story! But this was awesome!
Jennypen chapter 1 . 7/27/2014
Don't think I've ever seen anyone do this before but it's rather excellent and I loved it. I enjoyed especially the mutual 'ewwwwww' moments, and how it definitely played with some stereotypes and spun them on their heads. I liked how Axel sort of got the idea a little before Roxas, or seemed to anyhow, but then it's told from Roxas' perspective so goodness knows if Axel was having thoughts that mirrored Roxas' fantasising about riding Axel the same way ;)
kindofabadger chapter 1 . 7/27/2014
Wheeee! Like Christmas in July, an akuroku fic from you. And what's to say? It's stellar, as always, but different, which continues to amaze me. Axel as a bottom. Ok. You convinced me. It worked, honey how it worked! Pushy bottom Roxas, now THAT'S in character, lol! His solution though was beyond the best. You are beyond the best.

I have missed my IPOTC updates, truly, but I am patient. I hope your muses will let up on the blockage soon. But thanks for this in the meantime.
the.israel.project107 chapter 1 . 7/27/2014
HAHAAAA! Oh, this was amazing! XDDD It went from sexy to hilarious and allll the way back to blazingly sexy, all in the space of five thousand words. You are just wonderful, no two ways about it :D

I adore how you set it up - straight into it, straight into the two of them utterly digging each other, and oh, the chuckles you gave me when they got to the hotel room only to find that not only do they both bottom, but neither refuses to budge! I half expected Roxas to be overcome with lust and just get in there by the end, he seemed the least reluctant of the two to do so, even with all his reluctance :P (I loved Axel's total "ew" reaction to the idea XD And was very, very sad for Roxas because of it). This story had such a delightful twist, in that regard - I was *not* expecting it, and it was super funny, and also super hot :D When Roxas headed off to go shopping, I was sure he'd be back with prophylactics and a "Okay, I give - let's do this!" mindset, so HO, was I surprised by the massive double-ended dildo that took centre stage from then on! :P

Basically, I am just - so very thrilled to have read this, it gave me a total giggle and was *super* sexy, and has got me right into AkuRoku mode. You never lose an ounce of your power to make those two gag for each other, and I haven't read it in *far* too long. You remain, as ever, an absolute Queen of AkuRoku Hotness :D *HUGGGGGS*
EggDropSoup chapter 1 . 7/26/2014
Oh man! I want this to last more than a "while"! I want those two "bottoms" to be together forever! lol great fic, Hun. Love your sexy writing as always. Thank you for the snack! We are unworthy! :D
Tekko chapter 1 . 7/26/2014
AHAHA Oh, oh cruel irony! I am so wanting to see more of these two haha! How would Axel try to convince Roxas to give in and vice-verca, taking the experimenting to the next level and all that jazz. Can't wait for the next*_*

Tekko