Reviews for Charon
Sefera chapter 1 . 7/18
Vary good! I'm always looking for more Culture work.
Darth Marrs chapter 1 . 6/1
This is one of those crossovers that you didn't know you needed until you had it. Thank you for sharing.
Zauber chapter 1 . 2/20
Well, that was impressive! I like how it's agent Smith that's the only real one - If I had to guess which one character was real, I never would have picked him, but it makes a lot of sense in retrospect.

Story is very well written for it's length; you manage to capture everything necessary, although it's lacking a little emotional impact. I think if you added another few thousand words, you could pad it out with a little more emotional resonance.
Killer Hamster chapter 1 . 6/13/2016
Beautiful story! Smith's situation in the Matrix was pure nightmare fuel. Glad a Culture Mind came along and helped.
Gamera Obscura chapter 1 . 12/18/2015
This was my first story that I read when I visited . I was looking for Culture stories, and the idea of a Matrix crossover was a heady one. I have only read a few Culture novels, but I love the series, and would give my left testicle to live in the Culutre (and if I lived in The Culture, my testicle would grow back). I have not read Surface Detail yet, but I am familiar with the plot from a Wikipedia synopsis, so I know all about Hells. The idea of Smith as a hero, and a sympathetic victim of a Hell is a fantastic concept, and this story, despite its brevity, had me riveted. I absolutely adore this story, and would love to see more Culutre stories, novellas, or even a novel or two from you. You are a great writer, and your grasp of the Culture material is both unique and thought provoking. Very well done. This is my favorite story on this site, excepting RWBY: Ghosts of the Past, which I am editing and assisting with storyline and characterization for, so I am a little biased. Still, I return every so often to read this story over and over again, and it always brings a smile to my face.
DraconisNoir chapter 1 . 11/4/2014
An excellent story, and a testament to your skills that the late, great Ian Banks would approve.
D72 chapter 1 . 10/13/2014
Such mercy, for Smith. I like it. Beats the hell out of what the Wachowskis did with him.

And the question introduced, if Smith began as a Human? I'd never considered it.

I would be very happy, if I were to encounter The GSV With Muffled Oars.
Devil Reader chapter 1 . 8/21/2014
A fantastic continuation would be that Smith was Skynet from the Terminator movies being punished for its crimes by forcing it into the "mindshape" of a human to best torture it.
idunnoknow chapter 1 . 8/19/2014
I enjoyed it, although I felt your characterization of Smith at the end was a little off.
Vaunted chapter 1 . 7/30/2014
I think Mr Banks would have approved! Well done.