Reviews for In the Shadow of Dragons
Greninjaten99 chapter 23 . 2/26
without even realizing it, I am at the most current chapter. this story is amazing, I just wanted to keep reading, But like everyone else now, I will wait patiently for the next chapter. have a great day.
Greninjaten99 chapter 1 . 1/16
aloha, this is my first time going into this section to fanfic and I happened upon this story. I just started reading this and I am hooked, I don't know what is going to happen in the chapters to come, but I am excited.
cherryorpeach chapter 23 . 12/18/2019
I'm freaking out. I try to review after every chapter, but once I started reading, I just couldn't stop, sorry!

But I LOVE the details you took from the Elder Scrolls. Oblivion gates, Dremora, Nightingale... her mixing ingredients. It's just all so amazing. Can't wait for the next update and to read about her interaction with the mirkwood elves!
Guest chapter 3 . 11/19/2019
What happened to the clear skies shout? I mean I get you wanted to introduce a character, but you didn't need to shoehorn it in through a plot hole.
BraveSeeker3 chapter 23 . 10/29/2019
What's your name on Tumblr? The link doesn't show up on your bio. I can probably find you without too much trouble there.
Space.Cat chapter 10 . 10/13/2019
I love this so much. I've read a few other Skyrim/hobbit crossovers, and, tbh felt they were lacking something. But with this one, I've not felt it once! All the usual issues with them are fixed, there's complexity, depth, and countless other things! I'm so happy that you shared this idea with the world. I adore your writing, keep it up! 12/10 would recommend
Catali7 chapter 23 . 10/8/2019
Okay, I'm confused. Isn't this the chapter you left us on? I remember it all...
Catali7 chapter 1 . 10/8/2019
I haven't read the next chapter yet (about to) but I just wanted to say how much I love this story! I have pined for its continuation, reread it countless times, and I hope you continue. You're a very talented writer. and I love the idea of this crossover, so don't let the chuckleheads below my comment get to you. Trolls, the lot of 'em.

Best wishes~
Catali7
1nt3rD1ct0r chapter 11 . 9/6/2019
So wait, you knew that Dragons were created by Akatosh but still had the Dragonborn say all that crap about hatchlings and female dragons? I'm confused.
1nt3rD1ct0r chapter 10 . 9/6/2019
Ok, Daedric weapons would undoubtably be more powerful than Elvish ones. I'll grant you that Elvish would be lighter, but Daedric weapons are literally a form of divine weapon. Not on the scale of artifacts in the lore, but pretty much unbreakable by normal means and never loose sharpness. Not only that, but the metal itself is stronger than any material found in world (even dragonbone, though Dragonbone cane be sharpened slightly finer). Elven blades, while exquisitely crafted, are still made of non-divine materials found in the world. So their craft might be better, but your character speaks of greater power, which they definitely wouldn't have. And aren't her swords enchanted anyways? In terms of of gameplay style thinking, I wouldn't take raw damage boost (assumed by you for Elvish blades) over powerful but elemental damage as well on the daedric blades.
1nt3rD1ct0r chapter 8 . 9/6/2019
Before I criticize, I should say that I like the direction of the story so far and will continue reading regardless of my few criticisms. My first problem stems from what is likely just a lack of Elderscrolls lore on your part, Dragons from Elderscrolls are immortal and ageless. Yes, some are older than others, but not in the same way mortals are. They are each created by Akatosh, the Dragon God and God of Time, and in lore there are no Female Dragons, no eggs or reproduction at all, and they do not think about time as linearly as we do. Being technically ageless, as in they'll never die of old age, the deterioration you see on, say, Parthurnax, is just battle scars on that specific physical body. The soul is eternal until consumed by a Dragonborn, at which point their knowledge and power is absorbed directly into the Dragonborn (which, as you might think, means that in the lore Dragonborns are absurdly powerful compared to ingame mechanics). So your whole thing on male and female dragons is very off, same with hatchlings. But, you could still say Smaug is like this as he could be an offshoot or cursed Dragon that was created wrong or something well after the original dragons. Perhaps he was altered by some magic, I don't know. But he definitely would not be anywhere near as powerful as Alduin. Alduin could literally destroy the world with his shout when the time came, which would have happened had he not been stopped by an equally powerful hero, and he had other shouts which were situationally more powerful. Smaug cannot summon meteors from the sky or literally end the world, he's just big and breathes fire. Now I honestly have no expectation of you going back and rewriting the parts of your story that are wrong, it's your story so you can just say you've altered the lore, and that would be tremendous effort on your part anyways, so instead I just hope you keep it in mind for the future. Secondly, I'm not much of a fan of an Altmer Dragonborn, or the restrictions you've placed on her, but I'll read anyways. There's really not much to read in this category, and you at least write well so that dispels most of my issues. Thank you, keep up the good work.
Didd23 chapter 23 . 9/6/2019
Aaaaaand I'm finally caught back up on this fic. I was very surprised to see this updated after so many years of silence.
Lord Jace chapter 4 . 9/6/2019
Still reading, but you do realize Bree is at least a hundred mile from Hobbiton right? The shire is actually fairly sizeable compared to what might be suggested just from watching the movies :)
Multipule-Characters1-Acct chapter 23 . 9/5/2019
What's the Tumblr? I really like this story and would like to see more of it.
Guest chapter 5 . 9/3/2019
Why is Refridis lying? Also, why does she have to negotiate? If they annoy her, she can just go home.