Reviews for The Recluse's Remedy
Lamia of the Dark chapter 1 . 1/30/2015
This is an odd pairing, but it was interesting to see how you got them together. The part with Narcissa's first flying lesson was cute. Poor baby too proud to admit she's bad at something. XD

The beginning kind of reminded me of Dr. Suess book... I also liked how you included small details like Rolanda being embarrassed about crumbs.

Waittttttt, you mean Narcissa was faking not knowing how to fly when she asked for lessons as an adult?

I didn't spot any typos or grammar issues.
Paradox.bookjunkie chapter 1 . 8/31/2014
oh. Alright then. That was a very interesting pairing... Don't believe I've ever seen it before.
Well done, I actually quite enjoyed this ;)
Lara1221 chapter 1 . 8/29/2014
Oh, I read this when you first published it! I was stalking the forum and noticed this topic and this story, and was incredibly intrigued. You do this so well, it's crazy. This is a ship most if not all of us would never consider and it's so unique in teh way you wrote and what happened in it that I love it a lot. Good job!
isaacswolfsbane chapter 1 . 8/29/2014
I'm sorry, I just really couldn't get into this. I think I found the pairing a little too creepy.
But despite that, I thought it was really well written and easy to read.
You showed the progression of time brilliantly, and you were able to show Narcissa maturing through that really well too.
Even though I didn't like the pairing it was still an enjoyable read. Well done!
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 8/27/2014
This is such an interesting pairing - I really love how you handled it. It's so fun to read things that I never see, and this is no exception. The interactions between Rolanda and Narcissa were handled so wonderfully, and I really like how you built everything up until that last part, leaving the reader wondering where their relationship was going to go. I honestly couldn't tell how this was going to end, and I loved seeing that in a fic.

It was written beautifully, also. I didn't notice any SPaG errors at all, and your sentences just had a nice, smooth flow about them. The first section in particular had a very pretty, flowy feel to it that was wonderful to read. 'Her tiptoes would graze the tops of the fluffy clouds, each creating a ladder to the bright balls of light that decorated the night sky' was a beautifully-worded sentence, especially.

I really like the way you told the story, showing the moment when Narcissa was a first year, and then again when Draco was - it was nice to see a bit of backstory before Narcissa came in to ask for flying lessons. Overall this was an absolutely wonderful piece - great work!
sweaterweather21 chapter 1 . 8/27/2014
First of all, I'd like to start by saying that I hope you're not offended that I took so long to read and review this! I was getting down there on the list and really just wanted to save yours for last, so here we go!

You write beautifully. I sometimes find myself skimming fics that I read because I'm anxious to see how the plot is progressing (it's an awful habit, I know), but right away I was drawn in by your sentences. One of my favorites was the one in the beginning - [Her tiptoes would graze the tops of the fluffy clouds, each creating a ladder to the bright balls of light that decorated the night sky.] This story is prose, but I like the poetic elements of your words.

I'd also like to compliment you on the way you tackled this pairing. I'm pretty sure Rolanda/Narcissa was something you wrote for a challenge, but I could hardly tell because the romance was very well-developed. I liked that it started slow, with Narcissa yearning to fly but never quite figuring it out until she asks Rolanda for lessons. Everything was completely believable.

At first I was confused about the family of Hawthorn, Iris, Violet, and Jasmine - it took me a while to realize that it was just Narcissa wondering about why she felt out of place! I thought I was reading the wrong fic for a moment haha!

But overall, excellent job! I don't have much to critique because I loved both the individual sentences and the flow throughout the piece. Can't wait to read more from you :)
broken-reverie chapter 1 . 8/25/2014
Hello! I don't usually read girl/girl but honestly this was a very interesting pairing to read and you very nicely conveyed their relationship woth each other.

The flow of the story was good - i didn't manage to spot any SPaG errors.

Good job!
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 8/17/2014
I really, really liked this. Odd pairings like this is what I really love. There are so many Harry Potter characters, that pairing opportunities are endless. I think the way you began this was fantastic. I was hooked from the first part! Your description was lovely in the opening few parts, and I really liked the way you went through the years, starting with Narcissa as a student.

The way you characterised Narcissa, in general, was great, too!

Your writing is really good and I spotted no SPaG errors. The flow for the most part was wonderful, too. I think the only thing I would say would be that in places there were some parts were sentences were short and it kind of felt a lot like telling, not showing. It wasn't the case everywhere, just in some parts.

But as I said, this was a very good piece in general, and I loved it. Well done.
nymphxdora chapter 1 . 8/11/2014
I don't usually read femslash but this was very well written and engaging. The characterization of Narcissa and Rolanda was spot on. The story was paced well- nothing felt as if it was happening too quickly and it didn't drag. There's often a fine line when it comes to pacing, so good job on that.

Well done!
DobbyRocksSocks chapter 1 . 8/4/2014
This is really /really/ good. An unusual pairing to be sure, but the writing is flawless, and the pairing fits well the way you wrote, it which given who is in that pairing, shows just how much talent you actually have.
I liked that it wasn't rushed, and everything was thought out properly. The ending was really sweet, and I loved how the part from the beginning tied in so well with the rest.
I found nothing to criticise, this is lovely :)
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 7/31/2014
This is your first femmslash, so I'll start with the bad parts

Yeah, I would actually NEED bad parts to actually criticise. This is a really well written and romantic piece. I REALLY have some tough competition to go against here. Keep writing