Reviews for Island Family
Mary Rose chapter 1 . 2/13
I liked it. It was funny and sweet.
TereseLucy384 chapter 1 . 8/3/2014
That was adorable. I love GWTW, too - I loved that argument. I was always angry with Ashley for stringing Scarlett along - but I do agree with Proffy in that she should have let it go. Ashley and Melanie were happy together - Rhett loved her and really, if she thought about it for a moment, would have realized that she loved him, too. Her infatuation with Ashley had been over for years - she just wouldn't let it go.

But the whole argument leading to the wedding was so cute.
Teobi chapter 1 . 8/1/2014
It tickles me that at some point in his life, the Professor read Gone With The Wind - and his argument with Ginger is almost like a ship war :)

I only ever saw the film, and that was a long time ago. But as I am emotionally driven, like Ginger, I take her side in the argument, because there's nothing that winds me up more than cold, hard logic. I know it's childish to spill drinks on people because you're mad at them but I probably would have done the same thing. Take that, Mr. Logical.

People *do* string each other along on purpose and it's *not* as easy as 'just walking away'. If it were that easy, everyone would be assertive and happy. But lovers will always play mind games- only small children and animals love unconditionally.

The Professor sure is a busy man in fanfiction, making little Hinkley babies everywhere! But Cole is a cute name for his and Ginger's child. and the kid will grow up with a ready made island family that loves him dearly.

Props to Mrs. Howell for matchmaking, loved her line about anger being misdirected love. She's no fool!
Clouddy chapter 1 . 7/31/2014
Both Ginger and the Professor make good points about Ashley, but I think I fall more on Ginger's side. I always felt that he had a bit of 'have your cake and eat it too' going on. Scarlett ain't exactly innocent to be sure, but I felt that she wouldn't have held onto the idea of being with Ashley for so long if he had just been firm with her and told her that it was never gonna happen. He just kept stringing her on emotionally for way too long.

I like it when the castaways are content and even happy about their life on the island. They actually had it really good when you think about it.