Reviews for Roadside girl
Smooth Pancakes chapter 23 . 6/3
What an incredible read this has been. It was a wild ride from start to finish. The tension throughout the story, early on as Arnold and Helga meet for the first time in 7 years, with Arnold having hated Helga for leaving him right as he started to fall for her, and Helga having tried to forget about him for 7 years, only to have Arnold thrust back into her daily life. Then throw in the plot with David and Helga's prior relationship, the back and forth fighting and arguing between Arnold and Helga, the increasing sexual tension between them, it was a fun story! It also nice to see Dark Arnold make appearances throughout the story. Arnold may be a goodie two-shoes, but that boy definitely has a dark side inside that Helga seems to excel at bringing out.

I was kind of surprised at how much Arnold suddenly started falling for Helga again. That first chapter made it sound like Arnold had a seething hatred for Helga, he was adamantly refusing to even go with Gerald to pick up Phoebe from theatre until Gerald finally wore him down and gave in. Though since it does say that the first time seeing her in seven years at the theare and he realized he had actually missed her, maybe it was more he convinced himself for those seven years that he hated her and was happy she was gone, as a way of dealing with his new feelings for her only to find her disappearing from his life, rather than him actually hating her. Those feelings were still there, he just tried to bury them under a fabricated excuse of hating her.

Those last couple chapters, with everything seeming like it's about to fall apart after David confronts Helga about having to leave Arnold behind again when they're arguing outside the club, when Helga gets selected to perform on Broadway and they again have to entertain their fears of not being together, they were sort of downer chapters after seeing Helga and Arnold finally get close and even enter a relationship and both be truly happy together. I was honestly worried what was going to happen in the final chapter, would she leave him behind while she goes to Broadway or would she turn down her chance at Broadway to stay with him. But the ending actually was perfect. As another reviewer said, and as Arnold said, he can be a psychologist anywhere, but there's only one Broadway. Arnold would never forgive himself if he allowed her to give up her dreams of Broadway just because of him, so leaving Hillwood and going to New York with her so she could have both of her dreams, Broadway and him, and he could remain with her, was the perfect ending.
Guest chapter 15 . 9/6/2018
I really dont like how in almost every story of yours you either make arnold date lila or have him date her and break up with her or make him lose his virginity to her and then make helga hate her for it
DeepVoice'06 chapter 23 . 7/22/2018
I've read the story way more than once, wonderful how you put it all together!
DonutLullaby chapter 23 . 7/19/2018
I feel so empty now that I finished reading this fic... I'll start another one, this one was beautiful thank you
ForeverRogue chapter 23 . 7/15/2018
Yet another amazing fic! I was so worried this wouldn't have a happy ending but I'm relieved it did and it was the ending I was hoping for! So many ups and downs, this fic kept my attention the whole time. You're an amazing writer :)
SL10 chapter 23 . 10/3/2016
Wow ok, that was a long read, worth it though.

If I had to nitpick, sometimes it felt like Arnold was too insecure, like even after he got together with Helga he emanated this feeling of anxiety that made him come off as kind of a dork, more than how he really is I guess. What I'm trying to say is I don't disagree with him being nervous around Helga or up on stage, just didn't expect to see it to this degree. Then again he had his bouts of "sexified beast" where he would be the complete opposite and just want to ravage her and pray for the poor soul who would get in between them, that was always interesting, made for a Dr. Jekyll and and Mr. Hyde type of situation.

What I enjoyed the most, the fluff, I love me some fluff, this was well balanced overall, and I was happy with the ending, not because it's happy and cheesy, but because it made sense, he COULD be a therapist anywhere (and yeah, NY seems like the kind of place that would have patients to spare) for a moment I was afraid of Helga staying for real, but of course Arnold would never be that selfish.
Oh by the way, you're the first author I come across to have had them have sex in a doggystyle position, that was awesome, there I said it.

Ok that about wraps it up for me, now if you'll excuse me I'll need to get back to Lovely Misandry now. Loving that story also. :)
AngelGirl569 chapter 23 . 7/5/2016
Usually I hate fanfics that turn characters into performers (singers, dancers, actors, etc.) but this was actually really well done, focusing on the grueling professional side of acting instead of just the glamour of the stage. Your original characters played well into the story without becoming the focus of the story, and actually seemed like real, well rounded characters so good job on that. Very romantic and lovely, and I adored your descriptions of the costumes.
Hellz Bella chapter 2 . 3/22/2016
I loved this chapter for several reasons. Mainly for the fact that there is a lot here that I both could and couldn't imagine Helga doing. The songs you chose were awesome and I checked out that YouTube video...Yeah I could honestly see her totally owning that shit. Awesomeness everywhere!
Missdellusion chapter 23 . 5/27/2015
Is... An epilogue going to be added? Maybe perhaps?

It was great work I truly enjoyed this. It was lovely. The ending was beautiful. They were both so cheesy and sweet and aawwwwwwww.

Maybe iF you are maybe Possibly considering an epilogue it could those things teen movie endings. You know the frame freezes on a picture and there's a Brief "where are they now" thingy...

Of not well it's cool.

Thank you for your work and dedication!
Missdellusion chapter 16 . 5/26/2015
I blushed really bad when i recognized the Maroon 5 song. It is one of my favorites... Oh but to be serenaded with that songis simply amazing
Missdellusion chapter 15 . 5/26/2015
Oh... What's Arnold thinking now..
There was a reason Helga left after all right?
Missdellusion chapter 14 . 5/26/2015
So romantic. Very romantic...
It was really good and well the beginning was naughty but still... Romantic
Missdellusion chapter 12 . 5/26/2015
Whoa the sexual tension is too damn high!

When they do get the dirty deed done I have a feeling it's going to be... Intense... And lust puddles will ensue
Missdellusion chapter 11 . 5/26/2015
It was the sweetest chapter awwwwwwwwwe so cute.

I loved the King and I! I haven't watched it in so long! I'll have to find the vhs it's somewhere in my home... (i still have a DVD/VHS becuase memories you know?)
Missdellusion chapter 10 . 5/26/2015
Connections for everyone!
Or well you know for those that have them. So they are coming along nicely it's awesome