Reviews for Fate:covenant apotheosis
arga101 chapter 19 . 3/14
I really regret not reading this at first glance. Oh how I missed this! Really, even without me knowing CG or FSN I could easily get into the fic. The story is smooth with flowing scenes and dialogues, and your world building and descriptions really mesh well the two worlds.

Im going to read the other fic, got really high hopes. I hope you well! Keep writing!
kyugan chapter 19 . 3/5
Way I see it Clovis can respond on 3 ways.
Keep quiet about lulu & seek revenge for his injuries.
Keep quiet about lulu to try and protect him & Nunnally.
Only reveal the truth to Euphemia when she & Cornelia come to replace him.
EVA-Saiyajin chapter 18 . 12/11/2019
Not a half bad story at all...really, the way you handle both Lelouch and Shirou's characters in general and as a result of long friendships with each other is delightful.
EVA-Saiyajin chapter 19 . 12/8/2019
You do a fascinating job of capturing the feel of Fate Stay night with the drama and intrigue and underlying emotional subtexts of Code Geass. Shirou and Lelouch's interactions, and the latter's own having been affected by Shirou, are beyond fascinating.
Janitor chapter 3 . 8/16/2019
I want to start by saying the premise and slow construction of this story based on its setting is very interesting and intriguing. At the same time, I'm actually pretty worried about the amount of preoccupation the story takes with just Shirou's almost-meta character analysis. It's to the point of an overfocus, to what I believe is detriment of characterization of others. As simplest example I can think of, the relationship between Lelouch & Shirou feels entirely inorganic. Shirou's twisted personality takes the forefront of the majority of their conversations, and does so in a matter of "Tell instead of show". It leans the view of Lelouch as the expy professor, and sets the story as a course seminar where the audience is meant to discuss or digest what Shirou is. From a new reader POV, it makes Shirou overly-important. From the POV of those who knows the canons, it paints Lelouch as all but a bystander to a character study—again, to the detriment of other such issues or conversations that could occur between the two.

This itself is visible because, frankly, your prose is really good. The dialogue-leaning style is fluid and has, I believe, the right amount of push to make each character lively and engaged in the story. I'm curious to see if Taiga's getting married off and just how worried the notorious "devil may care" character has in this setting, and that's by and large because of the care you took in crafting that scene in Copenhagen. The one time Lelouch's thoughts on Shirou are really good come from Shirley, who displays some real bravery in talking her up over what CG fans know as the pivital moment that explains her motivations. You display that in shades, and even give Lelouch a chance to self-reflect on some of his own inner turmoils while organically offering insight on what he thinks of Shirou to Shirley. And most of the gambling scene shows his concerns and insights even better. All of that actually highlights just how stilted and out-of-place Shirou & Lelouch's conversations are.

I think keeping in mind the number of times Nasu truthfully displays Shirou's character for other cast members should be kept in mind. The game, after all, does quite a bit to convey who Shirou is to the reader in third person unlimited, but it's only in sharp moments such as Illya's everyday conversations w/Shirou (Fate), Shirou's convictions to Sakura in both hugging scenes (Heaven's Feel), and, most-famously, Rin outright calling Shirou out on his distortion, and for once in the entirety of the game actually LOSING an argument to Shirou (Unlimited Blade Works). You also have an ace in your pocket, though I suspect you know that, because Code Geass itself is very emotionally driven and does well to display its characters' motives, thoughts, and creeds through action (and, at least in S2, a lot of plot convenience).

Looking forward to the rest.
cequvarire chapter 18 . 8/10/2019
Super interesting. Love the character portrayals and their interactions, hope to see more one day :)
ReploidCat chapter 19 . 7/28/2019
What a wild ride to get to the beginning of Code Geass and Fate/Stay Night. Though I suspect that the Grail war will extend over a slightly longer period, or maybe it'll be a greater bloodbath with the raised stakes.

Good luck with your situation!
ReploidCat chapter 17 . 7/28/2019
You have a way with words to create such grand scenes expressing Lelouch's righteous indignation on the world's injustice.

I think that the characterization is very good, especially since this Lelouch isn't the same as the one in his show. It's clear his situation has changed since he's been especially introspective after meeting the insanity that is Shirou.

It's been a long time since I've watched Code Geass, but I remember Lelouch not quite apathetic but feeling a bit hopeless on his situation in Japan and his struggle with his powerlessness, which is why he went all-in the moment he obtained a power that would let him achieve his revenge.
ReploidCat chapter 6 . 7/28/2019
The way everything flows is amazing. It reads very well the world building is very good, and I think it's pretty important to explain the geo-political developments that have intertwined the public world and the mystic following Britannia's expansion.

Meshing both worlds into a true crossover isn't something people usually do, so it's great that you've done it so well.
Nameless Phantasm chapter 3 . 7/12/2019
It appears that neither Shirou nor Lelouch are familiar with the concept of rehabilitation as a way of dealing with crimes. A shame.
Dontus -not Donut- Powerus chapter 19 . 7/9/2019
...Why do I smell a sympathy and a bit of sabre kingly wisdom and lelouchy denial of the throne due to his hate complex?

Wait... C.C.'s immortal... how old was she? OH CRAP! CC!
whiznoe chapter 1 . 6/15/2019
up
duckstroyer chapter 1 . 4/1/2019
i dunno anymore
cequvarire chapter 19 . 12/9/2018
I enjoy your world building. It adds flavour, and you are combining these two worlds in an interesting way. What pains me is the feeling that it will take a very long time between updates. But I suppose that is to be expected, given your attention to detail. I'm just greedy - I want to know what happens, with everyone... immediately, preferably.

But here's a follow :) hope your fraud problems don't tire you out too much.
Yikari chapter 19 . 11/26/2018
Considering how vague the scene of Rin healing Shirou in the beginning is, I don't think you have anything to worry about. It rides on implications and assumptions even more than usual for Nasuverse, so just picking an interpretation and sticking to it is the logical thing to do, IMHO.

I liked C.C's part, however small, near the end. I think it hits her standoffish demeanour quite close.