Reviews for The Scarlet Devil Mansion is Now Hiring
Acerman chapter 4 . 3/30/2017
Ah man, I really enjoyed reading this story. I do think I caught a reference, the blond vampire. Is it Evangeline A.K. McDowell? But seriously, thank you for this.
northernlion196 chapter 4 . 8/4/2014
Cute!

But kind of short for a "10 week" time period. Only one run in with flan, no trying to wake up china, no fending off marisa (heck, no Library scene either), maybe even some scenes of remilia doing some traveling in g land. Also I admit I never thought of the SDM being "with the times" with Vacuum Cleaners and Chemical Sprays (maybe Sanae taught them?).

Anyways, interesting about Sakuya's blood. Most, if not all, fics and doujins make Sakuya's blood a very common meal (and pleasure) for Remilia. To have it be 'toxic' poses some interesting implications.

Perhaps its due to Vampire Hunter conditioning assuming Sakuya was originally a vampire slayer (which may have been hinted when Sakuya and Remilia were talking about their history), or perhaps her Time Powers have transformed her into something not human, or some other conspiracy explanation is at play here...I'm thinking too hard am I.
KageNoYoko chapter 4 . 8/4/2014
okay...lets see here...where to start, where to start...

it's rather...brief. For all that your summary made it out to be, this was not what i was expecting of a sakuya youmu story, or a maid apprenticeship story for that matter. The reason behind Youmu taking the apprenticeship was rather tasteless, but i will give you points for her doing it for Yuyuko's sake.

I personally feel this could have been expanded on much more than simply four points in a ten week period, and considering once again the summary, you left very many viable options unexplored, some that you did hint at in the beginning, but never elaborated on.

The ending was also rather abrupt, and an epilogue/afterwords could probably not hurt. You also lost points from me for your portrayal of reimu at the end, but that's just personal preference in that I hate gluttonous/pushy reimu. You didn't show the hakurei shrine maiden in a very good light, and I'm usually more fond of a somewhat snarky, if not caring deep beneath personality for the shrine maiden. You kind of just made her out to be a rude, uneducated glutton.

Considering you mentioned it early on, the lack of any interactions with Marisa, Patchoulli, and Alice is a point of contention, only in that I'm very fond of their back and forths, and they are usually portrayed as playfully annoying friends with each other.

besides a few personal grievances and things that I think you missed out on doing (Marisa would take every opportunity to harass youmu about being a maid of the scarlet devil) (Youmu seemed especially flustered when Sakuya was showing her how to cook, which could have been expanded into at the very least, a crush on youmu's part) this story was okay.

There were a few small grammatical errors here and there was well, the most glaring was that you always added the before Hakugyokurou, which often left sentences feeling rather clunky.

all in all this was okay. Ja Ne!
StattStatt chapter 4 . 8/2/2014
I was very surprised to see not one, not two or three, but FOUR chapters, all at once in my e-mail box. Was it a happy surprise? Biggest lie of the year if I said it was.

The very reason for why these events occured should almost be enough justification to put a comedy tag in the description. While it certainly wasn't a focus of the story, there were quite a few parts that made me laugh.

The only thing that I could mention that could be a complaint, is the length of the story. It's short, and it feels like there's so much that could be done with this, so much more that could be seen and experienced. This feels kinda like a spur of the moment decision (with from what I can see flawless grammar and spelling).

But what we got of each character was simply a joy to read about. It would have bee entertaining to see more of Flan and China- erhm... Meiling, for example, but what we got of them was handled very well. Though the lack of Youmu's reaction to at least one Marisa break-in still bugs me a bit, I must admit... Well, beggars can't be choosers.
Reimu acting like an animal over the food was pretty great though. XD Poor girl. *snickering quietly*

What I also like a whole lot is the interesting look we got into the SDM, as well as the characters. There were a lot of interesting ideas, like those time locks for example.

And did I catch a Negima refference in there? Nice job!

Keep up the AMAZING work, looking forward for MUCH, much more from you! (o'w'o)