Reviews for Nouvelle
LeonaidasRage chapter 28 . 7/17
Absolutely loved it. And seeing the end note, I'm hopeful you won't make Joichirou- who has been treated as the goat- taste defeat by the first chapter itself. Joichirou has been praised so much as a chef that I want to see him absolutely crushing competition, I think of him as the Gojou Satoru of SnS, so yeah.
LeonaidasRage chapter 26 . 7/16
Awh maaan
LeonaidasRage chapter 14 . 7/12
HAHAHA THIS IS THE BEST
LeonaidasRage chapter 13 . 7/12
aaa Mayumi very nice and I would really, really hope there be no detestable love triangle. And I'm just excited in general whooo
LeonaidasRage chapter 12 . 7/12
This is a surprise, admittedly a pleasant one. Do I get to see a time skip where Yukihira grows more? Or is that pushing my luck?
Regardless, I am loving this fic.
LeonaidasRage chapter 10 . 7/12
I'd be veeeery interested if he actually got expelled, but, well-
LeonaidasRage chapter 9 . 7/12
Man am I glad I'm reading this.
LeonaidasRage chapter 7 . 7/11
I love Hisako.
LeonaidasRage chapter 6 . 7/11
At this point, I ship Soma with Hisako ngl
I want a fic like that
LeonaidasRage chapter 4 . 7/9
Oooh interesting
ThePhengophobicGamer chapter 28 . 6/22
Well that was a really fun ride. I've so far only seen the dubbed (and before that the subbed) first two seasons (of the anime), but am working on the third now to catch up, so sorry that I skipped over the majority of Author Notes to avoid possible spoilers.

I really loved this, it felt so much like a part of the show itself, and had amazing pacing. There was plenty going on in the first half, but the steady, but noticeable buildup to the climax was done to perfection, I feel. I love that in the end, Soma grew as a character so much over the course of the story, and made so many connections that culminated in a fantastic dish that showcased his experience over the course of the story.

Again, I skipped AUs, so I'm not sure if you mentioned it or not, but you seem to have some background in cooking, or did some very in-depth research for this story, which I really respect. The joke about the virgin egg was a surprise, and really went to show either a history of studying food and cooking, or just a very dedicated amount of research, even for throwaway jokes. That's the sort of thing I like to see, small jokey references that can go over the head of anyone who doesn't know or isn't interested to find out, it really gives a story real depth.

All in all, I really love that Soma and Erina ended up together, I quite like their early dynamic in the show, and hope to see her attitude soften just abit to Soma, though I do hope she keeps more of the tsun than you wrote for her. By no means does that mean I didn't enjoy their arc, far from it, infact, but I feel like this sort of relationship is best showcased in fanfiction, and most anime tend to eave things more open-ended for longer, drawing things out more (that's what I get for watching the anime that never gets completed, and not the finished manga, though I guess).

I also love that you had some setup for a sequel sprinkled throughout, even if it seemed more focused in the last two or so chapters, with the setup being abit more obvious, though that does loop back to feeling like it were straight out of an anime season as I couldn't imagine anything else, personally.

Overall, I really, REALLY enjoyed this story, and will have to look for the sequel you mentioned.
TriggerenGm chapter 27 . 6/16
woah bro that was one wild kiss in public.

just kidding. the story was amazing. welp I just found it yesterday so you can see why I am writing this now.
1,299 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »