Reviews for One hundred years
Beautiful.Lives chapter 1 . 10/28
This is wonderfully-written! Quite sad, but hopeful too... Thank you for this beautiful One-Shot! And I also liked the fact that you wrote this OS after having attended one of these commemorations, it made it even more beautiful!
booksfoodmusic-minion chapter 1 . 2/20/2016
I never have the word to describe how or why I like something, but this is very beautifully written.
LouphiaTheHobbit chapter 1 . 1/26/2015
*sobs* I should not check your profile for updates on funny stories. I'm sitting in the living room in the middle of the night with tears in my eyes. Very beautiful and appropriate piece of writing, as always! For some reason the idea of remembering the fallen after such a long time with only so few left to actually remember them gets to me.
Well done!
sorrellkaren chapter 1 . 11/1/2014
What an amazing story. Tolkien fought in WW1 and wrote the first drafts of the stories we read today there. Your homage to the heroes of that war is inspiring and I am shedding tears just thinking of all we lost and all we gained in that first of the world wars. This one hundred year anniversary marks the importance of those who gave so much for our freedom. Thank you for making it parallel to our favorite story of the hobbit with characters that we all love.
Marigold Faucet chapter 1 . 8/17/2014
I really liked how you took a real experience, a historical one at that, and I think it gave the whole fic a mournful air but also that fondness of memory. The kind you can only get after years upon years of absence and loss. I think you captured such a weighty atmosphere well, especially with the characters you've used.

I know you don't consider yourself to be much of a writer, but I think you have talent. Especially in terms of mixing history with fantasy, I think a lot of people don't realise or forget that there's all this history to draw upon for information-even for fanfiction. It's a underrated and underestimated skill.

Keep up the good work!