Reviews for Alaska
JulizaRose chapter 51 . 3/29/2018
I’m sorry I didn’t review but I had to tell you this is the most beautiful, wonderful story. Thank you so much for sharing it.
runswithwolves22 chapter 43 . 3/27/2018
b. l vv bc cvv
TwilightMelie chapter 51 . 3/27/2018
thanks to FB recommendations i found this wonderful story. i really enjoyed your writing style and ExB of course. thank you for telling us their story, it was one of the best fics i read!
Guest chapter 51 . 3/26/2018
This is my absolute favourite fic...I so wish this wasn’t the end
readicted chapter 51 . 3/17/2018
ffn wasn't working earlier today so I wasn't able to review, but I have finished this wonderful, wonderful story. It has been a real joy to get to know your characters and experience their precious, if frigid world. This is so different from any fic I've ever encountered. Your style of writing is engaging and this story was sweet. It was lovely. I especially loved how much Bella and Edward revere their grand parents and nature. Thank you for sharing your story.
readicted chapter 5 . 3/17/2018
"How are your pants?"
"Crappy."
Very funny.
readicted chapter 2 . 3/17/2018
So I've finished this wonderful story and have come back to 're-read a few of the earlier chapters. I'm still not clear what is going on here with Edward. I get why he's behaving a bit stiff with her, but what does Bella mean about "rash behavior?" And the part about the meds, Bella teases him about it clearing up on its own and he asks where's the I told you so. Did he previously tell Bella about his condition and say it would go away on it's own?
readicted chapter 46 . 3/15/2018
Wow, what a harrowing ordeal. Edward is absolutely incredible, and possibly a bit reckless. He should always carry a knife at the very least. What he did was nothing short of heroic. And thankfully Bella knew that something was very wrong and set about trying to track him down. Gran and Edward have quite the network of support out there. That was incredible how they coordinated to spread the word that he was missing, and then to pinpoint his likely location and then rescue him, while keeping Bella I informed and reassured. The way Edward feels about animals and the action he had to take is very indicative of just how different he is from most of humanity. Most would find it unpleasant to have to do it, but they wouldn't feel ashamed or like they committed an act of murder, but Edward respects and reveres all life. Now just what exactly is going on in that household to cause that little boy to keep running away. This time it almost cost two lives. And I have another question. Edward's experience, knowledge and expertise in traversing the Bush seems fairly unrivaled, so how is it he found himself in such a precarious situation on the ice in chapter one. Why was he on thin ice since he said he knows every inch of that land they were trekking through. Did something cause him to go out where he normally would not be/go?
readicted chapter 44 . 3/14/2018
Still a bit miffed at Emmett. Not that he's a concerned friend, but because he's so dismissively condescending towards Edward. He admits he never bothered to try to get to know him, yet he feels certain that the man is unintelligent, dull and not good enough. I think it's fair to be concerned and gently asked important questions like about job, school, giving up friends and moving into a totally different environment
That's being a good friend, but the demeaning and teasing of Edward is mean. At least he's willing to apologize. And he absolutely should apologize. But I think he still thinks those things, he's just conceding this these things do not matter to Bella and he feels bad that he hurt Edward's feelings. Now, what has happened to cause Edward to miss his flight. Hope he didn't get injured.
readicted chapter 43 . 3/14/2018
I liked Jessica, but I thought it was terribly insensitive to tease Edward about finally getting alone time with a girl. Insensitive to both Edward for embarrassing him, and to Bella for making it sound like she was just 'a girl' not the special woman of his affections. I wondered why Edward couldn't carve out some time to fly out to meet Bella, so when he suggested that he join her to meet her grandpa I loved that. Btw, holy freaking smokes, Edward owns a lot of land. He's like a land baron, animal whisperer, accomplished Brush plane pilot, tour guide extraordinaire, wilderness survival superhero and mystical Aklaskan legend.
readicted chapter 41 . 3/14/2018
Oh this detour is just a mere extra two hours hike in the frigid cold through feet-high snow, no prob, easy peasy. The house and library sound lovely though. I enjoyed hearing about the photographs. And I thought it was really neat that Edward keeps the key above the door so that a person could enter. Falling asleep all cuddled up, gazing at the glory and wonder of the heavens sounds amazing. Would've been perfectly dreamy IF Edward had designed the house to have a fireplace in that room as well. What's wrong with heat? If one is designing and building one's own home in the frigid wilderness, why oh why would one not design the home to include multiple fireplaces. I mean even if you opt for a single chimney layout, the house is multiple floors. There could be a fireplace on multiple floors. I'm just sayin. Heat is good. So glad that chlamydia girl wasn't Edward's introduction to sex. Glad Edward let her know to get checked out since she wasn't presenting with any symptoms. That obit about a chicken movie was hilarious.
readicted chapter 40 . 3/14/2018
I live that Bella said Ting Umchuda to Edward, not really knowing what it meant, and that she'd looked up how to say I love you. I wondered precisely this very thing, how one handles menstruation in the wilderness when the toilet in a hole in the snow! Yikes. That whole situation might have had my running for the nearest outpost of civilization, seeking out niceties such as a flushing INDOOR toilet, hot running water and a warm cozy bed.
TheFearOfYou chapter 51 . 3/13/2018
I'd loved a chapter about their lifes a few years later... just saying
readicted chapter 38 . 3/13/2018
It's a prickly thing telling a friend that their lover/spouse is cheating. It can go sideways so easily. It's certainly not uncommon for the friend to react as Maria did in this story. At least she apologized, repeatedly. It's easy to be mad with her, and I probably would be at the very least extremely wounded, but no one WANTS to believe they've been so wrongly betrayed by their partner. Glad the women were able to salvage a friendship. Jasper choosing not to be involved with his daughter at all is just, ugh. Yet he expends all that negative energy trying to sabotage Bella's happiness in life. What a miserable, bitter bast*rd. Didn't see that twist with Angela coming. I thought that maybe either they'd had a thing at one time or that she was interested. Never imagined the truth of it. She was too presumptuous in her treatment towards Bella. I get the motivation, but she should've observed more before jumping right in on her performance. She absolutely made it sound like she intended to be intimate with Edward, with Bella in the room nearby. So has Edward only been with the girl at the bachelor party? If so that's pretty tragic that his introduction to sex was a drunken one night stand with a random chick who also left him with an unfortunate 'gift.'
readicted chapter 35 . 3/13/2018
I love the way this chapter ended, the pee break is sorta perfect. Emmett is a real disappointment. Jasper is a bitter, vindictive snake, but Emmett is nearly as bad. Maybe more so since he is nearly family. How very cruel. I hope his bad behavior didn't extend to criminal behavior. Did he really leave the car running in the garage by accident? Oh boy.
4,490 | « Prev Page 1 .. 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 34 .. Last Next »