Reviews for Defending Bjork
Sudoku.Music.Banana chapter 25 . 2/21
YES. Just yes.
I really enjoyed reading this - so different than most of the Lit fanfics I read. Different in a good way, different the way you wrote the characters.
Thanks for writing and posting! & for not taking it down just because it's been ten years or whatever - readers (like me) who weren't into GG a decade ago still get to have a blast reading :)
jencwu chapter 25 . 11/26/2013
Great story, my only regret is that things ended unresolved between Luke & Lorelai. But really good writing, thanks so much for sharing this.
jencwu chapter 15 . 11/25/2013
Wow, that completely blindsided me! Did NOT see that coming! Thought it was going to go similarly to the actual episode. Wow, just wow!
jencwu chapter 7 . 11/21/2013
Love it! This is one of my favorite episodes, both because of the one on one time between Rory & Jess as well as Lorelai & Luke. You so effortlessly transition from actual script to your own writing and ideas. Love, love, love!
jencwu chapter 2 . 11/20/2013
Ok, I am again super impressed with your ability to portray the characters so true to the show. I could totally picture this really happening on the show. You have nailed it and I love it!
jencwu chapter 1 . 11/20/2013
Well I'm obviously just starting this story but so far I'm really impressed with your ability to truly convey the characters as they are in the show. I think that's something that is really hard in particular for GG. The characters are so particular and the dialogue is so unique with tons of subculture references, and I think it's hard to replicate that. I've had an idea for a fanfic for awhile now but haven't written it for that very reason. So bravo to you for doing a great job so far with that! Looking forward to getting further into this story.
Anna chapter 15 . 10/31/2013
I really wish I had something coherent to say about this story, and this chapter, especially.
But, frankly, only one word comes to mind: PERFECT.
I pray you have more stories written for me to devour, and that the urge to write more comes to you unexpectedly (after a marathon rewatch?).
geeklady chapter 25 . 8/28/2013
This was simply amazing. Great job!
Iscah McKrae chapter 10 . 6/6/2013
"Well, good, because, in case you've forgotten, you vowed many years ago that you'd be the Louise to my Thelma. I don't need you running off and becoming someone else's Bonnie instead."

BEST LINE! XD
Iscah McKrae chapter 8 . 6/6/2013
Okay, I haven't even finished reading the chapter, and I have 6 chapters to retroactively review, but I had to stop and share what made me shout, "HA! NO WAY!" in the middle of reading this. I got to the point where Jess was recommending Don Marquis and was just thinking I'd have to look him up, 'cause I'd never heard of him. Then came the above exclamation. I forgot the author's name, but I came across "The Old Soak" when my husband and I were book shopping for our wedding (yes, you read right), and we started reading it together, immediately determining that it was NOT one of the books we'd be giving away as favors. We had to finish reading it, and we had to OWN it. It was just too hilarious! Now I've got to go searching for copies of his works that include Archy and Mehitabel...though the names, as well as the concept of a cat who claims to be a reincarnation of Cleopatra sound brain-itchingly familiar. THANK YOU for putting lots of REAL book banter and a scene that depicts used bookstore escapades realistically. Reading it is almost as good as being in a bookstore...and almost *nothing in life* is almost as good as being in a bookstore. :-) *sigh* Excuse me. I've got to continue reading now.
Iscah McKrae chapter 1 . 6/4/2013
Head -over-heels in love with this chapter! Completely baffled at how I've never seen it before. Looking forward to the ride. :D I write almost entirely Literati, so when I say that you've got their chemistry down perfectly, I mean that as an extremely high compliment.
plzkthx101 chapter 25 . 2/1/2013
I love this story so much. I think my favorite part are those vulnerable, terrible moments - the kind we've all had - where you had to do something hard and the words didn't magically come. I especially love Rory's breakup with Dean. Giving a book to read? Her hoping for some kind of meaningful moment in that when really it only made the whole affair more awkward and dramatic and drawn out? But that's so REAL. Not knowing how to say something. Hoping to use the world around you to better explain yourself, and STILL failing. Argh! So good. Thank you for writing this. It's been a joy to read.
John Proctor chapter 4 . 12/26/2012
"I was shooting for fourteen, but, you know me, I'm not really the achieving type." LOLawww jess bb! how do you think of these things?
John Proctor chapter 3 . 12/26/2012
dafja that last bit was perfecccccct
""Challenges can be good," he agreed, looking her straight in the eyes.

The sudden conviction on his face jarred her, and she had a hard time looking away."
wsm021 chapter 11 . 5/8/2012
This is painfully to read. Not because it's bad, because it's not. It's really good and so in character I'm a little in awe. But it reads like a script, which makes it unbelievably awesome to picture in live-action but hard to digest in print.