Reviews for Canary Eyes
Guest chapter 1 . 7/20/2014
I had this hidden away in my bookmarks to be read. I forget how I came across it in the first place, but I'm glad I did. This was stunning, and I couldn't stop reading. It was haunting, beautiful, saddening.
Very artistic and symbolic as well. You could feel that a chapter has closed when he says her name out loud.

"Tifa."

Then I died when I read your author's note.
mom calling chapter 1 . 6/27/2009
You published this gem 7 yrs. ago...I've come across it several x's while rummaging around fan fiction for ff7 but never read it. Poems don't much "do it" for me, so I'd pass on by and keep scrolling. But I just now read it, and am really struck by it's luminescence-really, this is just gorgeous. And the shape you give it, the motion of the words on the "page" is so different from narrative style...I'm blown away. Just blown away...mc
nesza chapter 1 . 5/30/2006
wow...beautiful. amazing.
opheliamlet chapter 1 . 8/29/2004
Ah, quite haunting indeed. Great job.
Reno Spiegel chapter 1 . 1/30/2003
Y'know, the odd ones would call you crazy, and the crazy ones would call you brilliant. Allow me to take this time to say you're brilliant. Never cease to amaze me with these. I need to read some more of yours; this is great.
xaphanea chapter 1 . 1/26/2003
...

Reading that actually made me tremble. And you wrote this during writer's block? It's amazing. The whole thing was so deep and depressing and everything was relevant to everything. I don't exactly know how to explain what I was thinking while I was reading it, only that when I was finished I thought that it should be getting millions of wonderful reviews.

You're very talented. Don't ever stop writing.

Keep it up!
sydney sama chapter 1 . 1/25/2003
that was amazingly written stuff ... great job ... it tore me in two. :(
DinchtGirlie chapter 1 . 12/20/2002
One word, "Wow!"
Dragonbait chapter 1 . 11/30/2002
*smirks*

Dia, what the hell got into you with this fic?

And what was that comment about Marlboro Reds?

-Laura.
PhantomZeroX chapter 1 . 11/29/2002
Good story, needs commas. I really think you need some mental help, for example, the author's note.
PEOPLE FOR ETHICAL TREATMENT OF FAERYTALE CREATURES chapter 1 . 11/20/2002
Last time I moaned the name of another woman during sex I spend a week in traction...

But still a nice story ;)
Eiko Carol the annoyance chapter 1 . 11/13/2002
*shudders* eehhhkk... tone down the swearing and stuff... you have talent that shouln'dt be undermined by it.
Jason Ex chapter 1 . 11/11/2002
Simply amazing. Are you capable of work that doesn't stir the spirit? I don't think so.

I just have to commend your bravery for writing a story like this. It's something I could never do. The love between Cloud and Tifa is strong, but Aeris will always be overshadowing anything they ever do. The sheer amount of pain you convey in this story...and with those two characters. I don't know how others may feel, but to me it shows a lot of courage to write a story like this.

Sniffle. I'm sorry. I have to go...
1ku chapter 1 . 11/11/2002
Wow! That was incredible. I totally agree with you about Cloud.

Oh, and I think guys nipples are cool, too.
Queen of the Faeries chapter 1 . 11/11/2002
Oh gods...it was just so beautiful. Literally breathtaking; I don't think I remembered to breathe while reading it. Dark and light and haunting and stunning. I'm so glad you decided to write this.