Reviews for The Water's Edge
Lupinesence chapter 16 . 5/11
Wonderful fic, particularly liked the Xanatos/Obi-Wan friendship as (understandably) I don't see it very much :)
novelreader chapter 5 . 1/9
I wish you turned Anakin's talk of his life into dialogue and also wrote Obi-Wan's reaction to all that, it'll make this alternate universe seem more real and make Obi-Wan's world more tragic because this Anakin had better opportunities and more attention rather then being expected to fail or be expected of so much and having to deal with it on his own with only Obi-Wan's guidance to help him. I can't say much for the Jedi, I mean no one deserves to experience genocide no matter how high-handed they are and arrogant, but Obi-Wan certainly don't deserve what he got.

Maybe the other Anakin does... Though being burned alive, ugh I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy, Obi-Wan should ended him and put him out of his misery but no he just watched and cried and you could see his conflict. Despite it being the right thing to do, he just couldn't kill Anakin with his own blade. He was a coward. It was understandable.
YewStrike chapter 16 . 3/10/2015
So I just spent all night reading this. It is now 6 in the morning and it's starting to get light outside, and I felt the need to pay my respects to a fic that was written-as I realized a minute ago-ten years ago. I don't know where you, the writer, are now, but wow. Well done.
ErinKenobi2893 chapter 1 . 9/5/2014
Awww! That last bit was just so sweet. :-P
bec chapter 16 . 9/9/2012
WOW! I loved every part of this story. I do not usually like reading prequel fics but I was hooked after the first few paras. This was a great concept for an AU fic. Loved all the characterizations and the plot development. Thanks for a wonderful story.
Aininke chapter 16 . 1/4/2012
Wow! This was a great story. I like the idea of a good Xanatos; I think he's really charming. I wish I could find more stories like this, it's really heart-warming. I do wish that Obi-wan didn't have to leave, though. But other than that, I really enjoyed this story. I'll definitely miss the interaction between the Alternate universe characters and Obi-wan, especially the interaction between Xanatos and Obi-wan.

Great story & belated Happy New Year!

Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 16 . 4/22/2011
Well, a great ending. I really like how you portrayed Xanatos. I think I like good Xanatos...hmm.

You know, the two people that really got the blunt end of the stick were Bruck Churn and Tahl (died early on in both universes...sad). I appreciate how you pointed that out.
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 12 . 4/21/2011
I have to say that this is the first chapter where I felt that Obi-wan was...well, Obi-wan. Before, I know you were trying to get across that he wasn't mentally stable *cough*UNDERSTATEMENT*cough*, but I still didn't feel like it was Obi-wan, or that if it was Obi-wan, that it was a 13-year-old Obi-wan instead of an insane, older, war-hardened Obi-wan.

Just thought I'd point it out. *shrug*
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
Okay, I have to say I like the idea, and it has a lot of potential. It's also very well written when it comes to flow...except when it jumped from Obi-wan and Vader to Xanatos and Anakin. That wasn't a little dip in the flow, it was a waterfall. ; I had no idea what was going on for a while there. Maybe a break of some sort? Is this one of those stories that lost its breaks when "updated" a year ago?
Beloved Daughter chapter 16 . 1/1/2011
I loved your story so much! I have read your story several times and each time I find more in your story that I love! This story is definitely good enough to be published and I would definitely buy the story if you did that!
heiressofanor chapter 16 . 10/24/2010
I loved this story! :) Are you planning to write a sequel?
Obiwan456 chapter 16 . 10/19/2009
It took me three days to read this (you write VERY long chapters!), but I loved your story. I loved a much kinder, gentler Xanatos, an anakin who didn't turn, and whose relationship with Padme was in the open and gaining approval, even a good Palpatine...and I loved how you wrote ObiWan...great writing...I loved the brief meeting of Siri and ObiWan...very sweet...I would have loved him finding Siri on Tatooine where perhaps she "knew" she would find him one day...but OK, ... very good story.

Obi's Mom
Siriusly Loopy chapter 16 . 6/30/2009
This was such a riveting story! I couldn't peel myself away! I like the idea that Obi-Wan and Xanatos could have been friends if only one of them hadn't turned in the universes. I've read tons of stories where Xanatos is the bad guy (obviously) but it was cool to read one where he's actually the savior. If it hadn't been for his kindness and quick thinking, Obi would've been lost! Whoa... Anyway, great story! D
zafaran chapter 4 . 6/6/2009
{hysterical giggles} The description of Obi-Wan as "un-turned, un-dead apprentice from another universe" was a wonderful touch to end the chapter with. Nicely done. I hope your muse and schedule will allow you to write and post more chapters on more stories sometime soon. Keep up the good work. Zafaran {mailto:} zafaran {at} fastmail {dot} fm
Thee-Unknown-Factor chapter 12 . 3/28/2009