Reviews for To Be A King
The.Evil.Overlady chapter 28 . 8/22
Oh my god. It's over. What am I going to do with my life?
In all seriousness, this story is amazing! I usually lurk like some sort of creepy fanfiction gremlin and don't comment on fics but yours is a masterpiece! The characters we delightfully realistic and even the OCs were gorgeously crafted. I adore the relationship between Merlin and Mordred! You're a terrific writer and your writing style is glorious. I'm going to go an read the sequel because I've run out of adjectives to describe your story...
SNOS chapter 27 . 8/12
Magnificent story! Brilliantly thought-out and well written!
Fantastic plot too. Thank you for the good read!
Hope to read more great things from you!
Maria-emrys chapter 1 . 7/21
before reading this masterpiece of fiction. I ware in a bad place. always looking down on myself in life. But! after reading this, it help me to stop looking down on life. now 2years later can I say one thing. THANK YOU!
Olivia Hersherl chapter 14 . 7/2
You have become my #1 favorite fanfiction writer.
addyeb0123 chapter 8 . 6/21
So, I've just reached chapter 7. And it occurred to me, I still have about 20 chapters to go. Each chapter is long and filled to the brim with activity...do you know what I mean? Cause I'm not good at explaining things. You know what? I'm gonna shut up now, and keep reading.
Birdy1020 chapter 27 . 6/15
This is honestly the best fanfic where Merlin is royalty I have ever read. I loved reading it, it was an amazing story!
Birdy1020 chapter 23 . 6/14
called it
Birdy1020 chapter 22 . 6/14
Beautiful scene with Merlin helping Arthur with his armor. I loved it!
Birdy1020 chapter 7 . 6/14
Maybe I'm in the wrong here but Im pretty sure Athusia is female
Killua Lawliet chapter 21 . 6/14
Raime is the new Merlin and Merlin the new Arthur.(don't worry Arthur is still the prat and Merlin the idiot no matter what)
koala789 chapter 1 . 6/9
Absolutely amazing! I loved the unlikely bromance between Merlin and Mordred. I also liked how Arthur's acceptance of magic and everything about Merlin ultimately went. Everyone was in character, and the world was well developed. Even the OCs felt like they belonged. That is not always the case in other fan fictions, but yours were woven in masterfully. Merlin's reaction and then gradual acceptance of his status and role were very true to his character, and really pulled at the heartstrings. I also loved the experimentation with magic. There was a new kind of focus on it that wasn't found in the show, and I really enjoyed it. This was an amazing story, and I am definitely reading the sequel!
Golden Bearded Dragon chapter 27 . 4/12
Fantabulous. :) Reading this has simply been... Wonderful.
Golden Bearded Dragon chapter 22 . 4/10
That "always" at the end there made me think of Snape. And Snape dying. Hmm... There isn't going to be dying in this, right? Not from the main guys, that I'd like very much not to die? Oh, dear.
Golden Bearded Dragon chapter 1 . 4/6
Yesh. This is looking to be fantastic.
Dr. Scott chapter 28 . 2/27
Thank you for such a fantastic ride! I loved how Merlin had to grow in his confidence and how Raime was just like him. I'm so glad Mordred was redeemed too. The last part with him teasing about heirs was priceless i could just SEE it. Finally the parts with Arthur were just perfect and the evolution of his emotions and opinions was so realistic and believable. You are a terrific writer and all your hard work shows. Thanks for a fun week of reading. I'm looking forward to your future stories!