Reviews for Old Wounds
Guest chapter 1 . 1/2/2016
This is so amazing!
Nyotarules chapter 1 . 6/2/2015
Having been raised by a single mum I was never a fan of what TOS Marcus did in canon, denying her child the right to know his/her father. I love how sympathetic you make this scene. Still think her decision was totally selfish. Great story.
Obsessive66 chapter 1 . 8/31/2014
Ack! That is so sad. I would hope they'd do better in this universe...
HeartofFyrwinde chapter 1 . 8/24/2014
Awwhhh...damn, I was actually hoping for something like this NOT to happen. It'd be great if (in perhaps your next installment) they make up, because I actually would LIKE to see James Tiberius Perfect Hair-as Scotty so bitingly quipped- have a lasting relationship with Carol Marcus. They worked very well together during the events of Sins of the Lion, and I'm one of the few (so far) who'd actually enjoy a Jim/Carol relationship in the "Abrams-verse". The fallout from this WOULD last for a while, but if you ask me, they should reconcile after some angsting on both their parts, if you're inclined to do so. Their destinies HAVE been altered from the Prime timeline, and honestly, I think both of them in this timeline are a bit more optimistic when it comes to such relationship issues.
I believe that Spock would say something like this to her: "Doctor...you misunderstand. In fact, logic dictates that depriving the Captain of his role in his son's life is an unfounded and unwise decision. Not only was it made in haste, it is a byproduct of what humans call "over-thinking," and is ill-advised under the circumstances, having been reached by way of numerous emotional stressors that exacerbated your consideration of the negatives. Furthermore, infants who mature without a paternal figure are highly prone to rather self-destructive tendencies later in life; the Captain himself is proof of this. I urge you to reconsider, Dr. Marcus. I would rather not be forced to watch Jim's continuing emotional distress."
Just because she was an "old wound" in TOS doesn't mean she has to stay that way. Wounds heal. Perhaps they can, given time and some good logic from a green-blooded hobgoblin (or two...) It might REMAIN an old wound between them, but could they reconcile? I think yes.
Just in case, though...*makes sad puppy eyes*
tin24634 chapter 1 . 8/12/2014
Great, I like the drama in this very well written piece and the possibilities of the next story. It would also be very interesting to read Jims POV and his longterm reactions on this matter. In your next story? I look forward to it! Thank you for sharing.
Saavikam69 chapter 1 . 8/11/2014
she was definitely a bitch on that part!
magentacr chapter 1 . 8/11/2014
Aw, poor Jim, that's so harsh. I mean, she has a point that he wouldn't d well stuck behind a desk, and he well knows the dangers his baby would face on the starship... but no contact at all? She may have found it hard as a child, but how does she know it wouldn't be harder to not have a Dad at all? To think they didn't want you enough to fight to see you?
I hope Kirk does fight back against it a bit.. at the minute the suddenness of it all has left him deflated, but I'm sure he won't settle for that, he'll find a way.
Great little ficlet, looking forward to more from this series.
Nobs chapter 1 . 8/10/2014
heartbreaking. thanks for writing!
Sassiebone chapter 1 . 8/10/2014
Wow. Beautifully written as always. I hope this is a set up for the continuation of Sins of the Lion. I can see Kahn with his son and Carol and Kahn's son meeting at some point. Whether in battle or some other circumstance. Please let me know.
:D
Guest chapter 1 . 8/10/2014
Ooooooh! Interesting start!
restfulsky5 chapter 1 . 8/10/2014
Agh! This is so, so sad. I'm heartbroken. That said, it was a wonderfully written one shot.