Reviews for Mourn for the Plain Sea
Mystics Apprentice chapter 1 . 11/12/2011
Though this story has been posted some time ago, it is still a marvelous one, and perhaps one of the best Riku past stories I've come across!

I loved how you bound emotions together within this story, and truly drew in the reader with every word. It was just lovely and very strong; and I liked it very much.

It's a very interesting take on Riku's past, and an oh-so-tragic one too! It was quite interesting to see who you had made his father to be. Certainly not something I would've expected, but it makes the entire KH series rather interesting from this viewpoint. Though I honestly can't say which I feel more sorry for; the fact of who his father is, or his mother being so darn selfish. I couldn't believe that she would just give herself up and leave her little boy behind, regardless of how much he pained her to face. How tragic, but I do believe that it describes the Riku that we see in-game quite well.

The grammar was superb, as well as the writing style! Excellent job on that, as it's quite rare that I see a story with such powerful writing such as this and flawless grammar combined ;)

All-in-all, this was a wonderful read, and I do believe I'll be checking out what other kinds of fanfics you've written with your KH favorites! Once again, great job on this fanfic, and I wish you much success in your future writings!
SilvermilleniumXD chapter 1 . 11/1/2010
So sad and beautiful. Makes me cry everytime I go back to it...
puregarnet chapter 1 . 4/20/2009
I love it. I adore angst Riku stories. And such an original plot, nice. Very sad.
Grace chapter 1 . 4/20/2009
Ansem? Hm... Nice job.
sad chapter 1 . 4/20/2009
so, so sad...
Axrat chapter 1 . 9/17/2008
This was so sad. Poor Riku. I liked this fic.
Chimei chapter 1 . 8/15/2008
Whoa. Awesome story. Good job. Made me wanna cry.
Higuchimon chapter 1 . 4/15/2007
I liked that. It was really cute and the lack of mention of Riku's family does make one wonder sometimes.
Gao Yun Yun chapter 1 . 3/4/2007
Oh, wow, but, at the same time, ew. I mean, this story was beautifully written, but, uh...either way, if I think of his father as Ansem's Heartless or Ansem the Wise, it's still kind of gross. I have this ongoing inside joke to where, in my fantasy world, Sephiroth would be Riku's father...O.o...

Either way, this is the closest thing to a masterpiece I've read since I stumbeled upon Good job.
ChibiFrubaGirl chapter 1 . 11/4/2006

Very.

Much.

You are awesome.
RaieChibiKid chapter 1 . 7/7/2006
-babbles- bu..wha...no...my little Riku...my poor baby Riku...

that's...so...weird! But at the same time it makes sense! I- you- it- me- he- gashna!
Lapse - Raevn chapter 1 . 7/6/2006
I'm actually pretty sure I read this, maybe last year. But I didn't even -use- my account back then...so I never reviewed. ._.

Perhaps one of the best parent stories out there. I love the idea - especially as you mentioned that Riku didn't seem as concerned with finding his parents as Sora and Kairi were.

The descriptions in this are beautiful, especially the parts where his mother strokes his hair, and frowns because she feels that the strands aren't long enough yet. Because her husbands were still much longer.

The castle's image? Perhaps Ansem and his 'castle' are related?

And the ending...wow. How it was implied that Riku's mom stepped out into the worlds to look for Ansem? (Or am I completely wrong? x.x)

"Every aspect, besides the color of his eyes and skin, constantly told her the father of her child, and how he was lost to her, and how she had been forced to run away and escape to live on the island with her son." That part was lovely. Would the last part be mentioning how he eventually 'turned to darkness'? (...Course, this was written before we knew who exactly Ansem was.)

Oh-so pretty work. :D I'm amazed.
Fwe chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
I... I think I've read this before. Why didn't I review?

Anyway, that was great! A few misspellings, but it was fantastically written! You set up a tone and kept with it: good work. And Sora comforting Riku was so... I'd like to say cute, but I'll settle for in character. :) I really liked it. Good job!
XxBlurred-TearsxX chapter 1 . 6/21/2006
Oh, poor Riku. Did she go through the door or somthing? But still Wa! Poor Riku, his mom whent bye-bye! Wa!
Experimental Fairimental chapter 1 . 12/23/2005
WAH! It's so sad! But it's well written.