Reviews for A Sky of Stars
LillyGirl310 chapter 32 . 11/14/2017
Such a great story and I am glad that he was found guilty and sentenced to a very long time in jail, when the enterprise crew where there it made me smile and think how lucky Spock is to have such good friends.
Till next time
Owyheewinds chapter 21 . 10/28/2017
This is so well crafted, I can "watch" it as if there were a 3D movie in my head.
Leslie chapter 32 . 1/1/2017
I skimmed the graphic parts, but this was a really good story.
FandomFixtureForever chapter 32 . 11/27/2016
I absolutly adored this fine piece of art.
toboldlyfangirl chapter 32 . 7/11/2016
oh my good god I'm sobbing! this story is such a roller coaster, and I have endless things to say about it. that final chapter is so intense, had me nearly screaming with joy when Robert was found guilty. the crew beaming down to protect Spock... so emotional and touching, it brought tears to my eyes. all of the support offered by Kirk and McCoy through Spock's struggle was so sweet, and the more reserved support from Sarek, oh my goodness. it's just so incredibly emotional, this entire beautiful masterpiece. you are a natural in your art. I fucking love this. amazing work.
Loki Joker Quinn Jr chapter 1 . 11/25/2015
I have read this and I love it it is incredible you write spock so well I cant beleve it well done ;)
tanseynz chapter 32 . 6/26/2015
Heartbreaking but also heartening in the way his family and friends came together to support him. I'm glad you didn't drag out his enslavement too long as cruelty tends to be repetitious while recovery and justice is a very complex area to explore.
Brilliantly written with a point that maybe an epilogue might be worthwhile as the story ended very fast once Heston was sentenced.
Spock's courage was perfect!
Ersatz Einstein chapter 32 . 5/28/2015
There were a few minor grammatical errors, particularly with adverb and adjective use ("seeing a definitely look").
With that said, I enjoyed reading this fic immensely. The emphasis on the separate and cumulative effects of each new torment prevented any sense of "routine" or monotony from building in the narration. The decision to split the piece almost evenly between hurt and comfort gave it a sense of gradual development and realism that often lacks in works of its type. The final moment was more than a little cheesy, but I suppose that you're entitled after such a long, well-edited, and well-balanced fic.
Iniga chapter 32 . 3/6/2015
I've been trying to figure out for two days why this story is so good.

Obviously your word craft is good, but that's true of many fics.

Your pacing and plotting are also just right, and that's less common but still not a rarity. Just when the "hurt" part was getting to be too much for me and I was about to start skimming, help arrived. And because the "hurt" WAS so significant, the "comfort" part made sense. I particularly liked the twist of Robert initially being acquitted partly because ponn far was held against a Vulcan witness by a human jury. The accuracy of Robert's defense really hit home for me. I happen to live in Boston and currently that city is busy with the Boston Marathon Bombing Trial... Which involves a very young man using the "I'm so young I just did what my brother said without understanding" defense and witnesses having to say things like "I knew my son was dead so I left him there and hoped I could get help for my daughter whose leg had been blown off." You captured the phenomenon of a big trial perfectly... And of course the crew lining up to protect/salute Spock was a great moment.

Your characterization was excellent. You have a contained but still vulnerable Spock who didn't stop fighting while he was a captive, made sure the other captives were seen to as soon as he was rescued, and balanced a knowledge that he could have done no more against legitimate fears. Your McCoy and Kirk are affectionate and smart and good at their jobs without ever making it about them, but also without ever musing on Spock as the most special snowflake and delicate flower.

But just being above average at almost everything shouldn't make this fic THIS good, should it?

I guess it should, at that.

Well done, and thank you. I went looking for some epic Spock fic (not my usual thing) in the aftermath of Mr. Nimoy's death, and I found it. :)
grumblebump chapter 32 . 1/6/2015
Very powerful. I skimmed the more graphic parts which were too much for me. But the dialogue and emotional tones in this are great.
BarnabusBi11ingsley chapter 17 . 1/2/2015
What? No S/CH?
MOVED TO AO3 - 28 JUN 2018 chapter 32 . 11/14/2014
Wow. Once again, you've outdone yourself. I found you with your stories "Taken" and "Found" (you really do like to beat up Spock don't you?) I applaud your characterization of everyone and your general plot outline. And thanks for making the bastard robert pay. Following you. Looking forward to your other stories!
Linvalay chapter 32 . 10/31/2014
This was; amazing, heart breaking, terrifying, tear jerking, and countless other adjectives i can't articulate here. Suffice it to say, I adored this, your writing is superb, KEEP IT UP!
Linvalay chapter 16 . 10/30/2014
My god, this is so very difficult to get through! I keep having to take facebook breakes every 5 minutes! Your writing is beautiful!
Linvalay chapter 10 . 10/28/2014
ok it's almost 4 am here, guess who has class in like 4 hours? MEEE This story is amazing, and so are you!