Reviews for Old friends, new enemies
Julian Chester chapter 10 . 8/5/2011
For something that started as a side project to deal with writer's block, this is excellent stuff. Scratch that, it's excellent stuff no matter how you look at it. It's even more impressive that you were a bare 16 when you started this. Maybe I was behind the curve (probably was, actually), but writing something this good at 16, or even 18, would have been beyond possible for me at that time. I salute you, and look forward to reading your other work.

For something where the characters manage to end up doing the right things, they certainly do work for it. They suffer the same problems that the characters in the original series did; they're foolish and often fail at perceiving what is actually going on. They have the same traumas and neuroses and psychiatric disorders as ever they had. And yet they persevere, and manage to overcome their own shortcomings.

And something is different. That is almost always the thing with Evangelion fiction, one thing (or in some cases several things) that is different than it was in the original. The theme you have worked with here is one that I have seen in other works: what if Shinji (or Asuka, for that matter) would have had a friend? Nothing else would have had to have changed but that; if either one had had just one really good friend, someone their own age that they could connect to and learn from and share their pain with and learn to be happy with, then their lives would have been so much better and they would have been much more healthy, well-adjusted people. You have done this convincingly, and carried it one step further: what if Shinji and Asuka's best friends had, in fact, been each other?

I love what I've read so far. I don't know if it's finished yet or if you're still going on with it, but either way, it will be an enjoyable read. If you haven't finished it, I'd encourage you to do so; but reading whatever is written itself will be a joy.
zoie2asuka chapter 16 . 8/28/2010
It's a great story!I like S&A pairing,thx a lot for the fiction
Kaname Langley chapter 15 . 3/3/2010
You are Awesome!
The Purple Critic chapter 16 . 11/3/2009
eh story's awesomeish, if only it was finished...
JDH1080 chapter 12 . 9/21/2009
i like this so far but there is one thing kinda messed up with the whole shinji/rei thing uh HELLO she was created from genes of his mother and the 2nd angel in a way they are related thats freckin wrong
JDH1080 chapter 1 . 7/18/2009
i like how you started this

ps if you remember that name of the fic where they met online please tell me
starburst98 chapter 16 . 3/20/2009
this looks like it's going so good, please keep going. and the "walk down the hall naked" before iruel may have asuka and/or shinji taking a glance at each other.
Ryoku nick chapter 16 . 1/8/2009
why did you just stop the series? i was going well... yea i know it was a few years ago but i just found it... anyway it was a good read... wish there had been more though
Daetor chapter 16 . 3/10/2008
Dude, please update, this kind of story is rather rare you know. There are only 2 others actually, the one that inspired you which from what I've seen is dead for all intent and purposes and a second one which from what I've read is being re-written and the author has problems with his family (They HATE anime). I don't think that your writing is crapy and I definitely don't want to flame you. I just beg that you continue and not kill this good fanfic. There are too many abandoned fics, don't let this one become one of them.
SourPatchAreGood chapter 16 . 6/28/2006
argh! hurry up with that update. dammit, why do authors have to stop at such critical moments in the fic?
Okutai chapter 16 . 6/23/2006
FINISH IT!

I like this fic and it's been 5 months since you last updated isn't it about time you updated again?
ZeroSinRaid chapter 16 . 5/19/2006
this is really good i cant wait to see what happens next chapter
ryansmalls chapter 16 . 4/14/2006
This story is excellent...just don't take so long to update again, LEST YOU FEEL MY WRATH! :P
Kuzy chapter 16 . 4/14/2006
All I ask is be the first one to finish a SA knowing each other before Eva, There are what 2 others, 1 is the one you talked about with the internet, and both are incomplete and dont plan to be finished it seems like. So please finish, I love the idea.
Frost-EVA-04 chapter 16 . 3/26/2006
Doing an excellent job. I just read from chapter 1 to 16. Your doing an excellent job. You have spelling mistakes but you only human(I think). Well anyway I like to idea of this fic. I really hope you update soon. Keep up the good work.