Reviews for The Honoured Guest
BarneyCalhoon chapter 30 . 10/6/2014
Good chapter I like it, can't wait to see how jiraiya and hokage react next chapter I like Naruto's reaction when gaara threatened hinata

Please keep up the good work
WHACKHEAD chapter 28 . 10/6/2014
Thanks for sharing an awesome chapter!
Illuminated chapter 30 . 10/6/2014
Oooh it burns, it burns!
BentShuriken chapter 30 . 10/6/2014
I liked the fight. It was fun seeing Naruto & Kurama with a common goal. I can picture a glass Shukaku sculpture in the middle of the arena. When people have Garra's sand get melted it makes me think it would be a cool combo attack to melt it and use glass weapons or melted glass to burn. Glad we got to see the seal in use, I wonder if Naruto could get promoted on firepower alone for that.
A Plexx chapter 30 . 10/6/2014
Great! Can't wait for more!
InariNineTails chapter 30 . 10/6/2014
this story is pretty good I admit and has potential but it still has some rather annoying problems that seem to pop up in most naruto fanfics
1. naruto supposedly being slow, if you have read the manga you know that is simply not true as soon as He starts getting real training he skyrockets speed wise as well as skill wise until by the time he befriends Kurama he is literally faster then the supposed fastest ninja alive, your naruto has had far more training than cannon by Masters he would be incredibly fast at this point side by side with the same cannon time vrs training, you started him much earlier and did it very well but you didnt advance this that would have advanced due to said training as seen in cannon

2. lack of taijutsu (not as bad in this one I admit than in a few) everyone always says naruto is a ninjutsu type shinobi, which if you look at cannon is rather false..hes a close combat taijutsu/ninjutsu combination type, His best move require Him to strike His opponent using taijutsu , he actually has far more in common with a hyuga than all the pure ninjutsu characters just in a different manner (massive swirling ball of chakra instead of spikes of chakra into chakra points ).
nealy all of His big wins against tough opponents were ended with a taijutsu move lol, or rasengan (see above ) sure he dosn,t use any neat stances or any unified form until he masters frog Kummite but then He fights more like bruce lee who said forms and stances limit the fighter ect and anyone who has actualy any fighting experience knows that in a real fight its the simple moves that prove the most effective usually anyways.
3. semi forcing or straight on forcing cannon, mainly seen in your fic this chapter, a naruto with the training you have given him, and the power kyuubi is allowing Him would squash Garra at this point in the series, I love Garra to death hes one of My faves but its simply true, in cannon naruto defeated garra with far less training and far less access to Kyuubi's power, your naruto would curbstomp cannon Garra hands down and from what you have show the Garra in your fic is pretty much mostly just cannon Garra. even a fully released Tanuki wouldn't last long against what you have made of narutowith all the training ect he shouldn't be struggling at the same points he does in cannon that makes no sense

ok Mini rant aside I HAVE been enjoying your fic with the ticks I get from the above, you write well and have a good grasp of story flow, and your Naru/hina stuff is geat, and you have the characters personalities down pat it is an enjoyable read fore sure
slade963 chapter 30 . 10/6/2014
i must say that this is a pretty good fic...however it would be much better if your grammar were to improve. on that note however, i don't get how you sometimes write perfect paragraphs and then later in the story i have to re-read another to understand it
Scarease chapter 30 . 10/6/2014
good so dang man keep it up I hope Gaara live like Gaara alot .
Battle neurosis chapter 30 . 10/6/2014
The fight described in the chap was good! I think, a few chapters later, you may need to give a little bit more focus into Sasuke related character development!
Anyway, nice chapter!
xHinaLovex chapter 30 . 10/6/2014
Omg your cliffhangers are crazy. But I'll always be back for more!

I found it interesting how you had the Kyubi cooperate, but still added some control issues because of Gaara's threats to Naruto's friends. That was a nice way to still add some conflict even though they seem to be temporarily on the same team.
Kedo chapter 30 . 10/6/2014
A nice chapter, well it's really hard to guess the Tanuki's strength. Mainly because it's characteristics are totally different from all other tailed beasts. The Ichibi seems to need a material (sand) to even hold it's own body form. It could be free without killing the host (when Kurama almost "emerged" from Naruto during the Pain fight it was pointed out that releasing the Biju would kill Naruto). The induced sleep is also a unique characteristic.

All in all I think Kishimoto wanted to distinguish the beasts stronger in his "first draft" but later on gave the other 8 similar characteristics while the already shown Ichibi somehow remains unique.
zigmas chapter 30 . 10/6/2014
One roasted Gaara is served. :)))
Nah, I think he somehow survived anyways.
And I don't think you can KILL a Bijuu by physically destroying its body.
Judging by the fact that Kurama has been SPLIT in two with no adverse consequences to EITHER half...
Umbra.Venator chapter 30 . 10/6/2014
Ahhhh another cliffy! why do you torture us readers so :'(

Anyway good chapter, reasonable fight (loved how the hellfire seal glassed Shukaku :) )

Keep up the good work! :)
WHACKHEAD chapter 26 . 10/5/2014
Awesome chapter... Though the thing that kept bugging me is that you kept repeating "learn" instead of teach in many cases, but other than that there isn't much else... Thank you for sharing, can't wait to see how the story progresses!
WHACKHEAD chapter 24 . 10/5/2014