Reviews for The Honoured Guest
Worker72 chapter 16 . 8/26/2014
And so Chie helps more people make friends on top of Team 8's victory celebration.
BentShuriken chapter 16 . 8/25/2014
It's nice to see the Hokage looking at Naruto as a legitmate future hokage, even if it's for the wrong reasons. Naruto is so confused by human concepts and emotions, it would be interesting to see him in a room with Sai.
blunt.raps69 chapter 16 . 8/25/2014
You really need to do a story about chie and her run in with people of the leaf. I could see her and anko getting along.
zigmas chapter 16 . 8/25/2014
And now we know who Chibiusa REALLY was.
Ugh, except she had made a really horrible choice in using Sakura as a disguise model.
PINK...

LOOOL
Worker72 chapter 15 . 8/24/2014
Poor Kurenai being kept in the dark.
Worker72 chapter 14 . 8/21/2014
Let me guess. You are planning to use the Gekihoko against Pain.
Waka Metalbelly chapter 2 . 8/21/2014
Fix just a small few spelling and grammar errors, and its boss.
BentShuriken chapter 14 . 8/21/2014
Sneaky Kurama with his prison break plans. Kiba's kyuubi reaction was probably pretty accurate and now the team has a decent bond in time for the chuunin exams. I'm not a fan of powers that shorten your lifespan but it's a fanfic so it's not like it shortens mine or anything. I guess it's better if he shortens his to a normal non Uzumaki age anyways.
BentShuriken chapter 13 . 8/20/2014
I love Uzumaki clan relic stuff. It's pretty unexplored in canon so it gives the oppertunity for creativity. That was a pretty exciting cliffhanger, you hinted at something bad so I'm eager for what's to come.
Shadow Legion chapter 12 . 8/20/2014
I hope the Sunny Place (ie Hinata) could bring the darkness out of Naruto and save him from being consumed.
Shadow Legion chapter 9 . 8/20/2014
What's in Kiba's drawer, adult books? :)

The Inuzuka family discussion is very amusing.
Rose Tiger chapter 13 . 8/20/2014
I sense trouble for Naruto...
E.S. Postluminus chapter 4 . 8/19/2014
You say that fanfics with overly skilled characters are annoying. I have to say I completely disagree with you. Unless you are referring to fics in which Naruto is godlike since he is a child, beating even the strongest with no effort. That is annoying. But other than that, I very much disagree with you.

Unless a fic COMPLETELY changes the story, Akatsuki, who are all s-rank and include a guy with a rinnegan, are gunning for Naruto since he is 12 years old. Additionally, unless the fic is extended into Naruto's mid-twenties or later (I'ver NEVER seen anyone do this), the main conflict, against the strongest possible opponents, happens when he is 16 years old.

So that means that by age sixteen the author of a fanfic must have Naruto set up in one of three ways:

A) Like in the manga Naruto is strong but not strong enough to deal with the threats, but instead he gets convenient power-ups, that only require temporary effort before giving a permanent boost to his power, right before dealing with the threats. That includes sage-mode, kyuubi-chakra mode, the SO6P's boost and so on. It's not really an increase in skill as much as a straight power-up from an outside source.

B) Naruto is strong (approximately A-rank in strength) but completely unable to deal with the threats (even low end S-ranks) without a lot of assistance. To opponents like Pain and Madara, he wouldn't even register as a threat. This would make for a boring story, because it would have to be other people fighting the highest threats, not Naruto. Remember that before sage-mode, Naruto couldn't take anyone on the Akatsuki, even Deidara. He was only able to kill Kakuzu with a bunch of other people and only after Kakuzu had already fought and lost 2 hearts, and even then he had to be saved from being killed. Alone, everyone would have steamrolled over Naruto.

C) By the time Naruto is 16, he is truly strong, S-rank in strength and can deal with most of Akatsuki with effort. Of course, that would mean he would have to gather this strength over time, not just sudden power-ups. Which means that he would have to be really strong even as a 12 year old. Not super powerful but definitely leagues ahead of his peers. Of course, even with this, he would still need things like sage mode to deal with people like Madara, but at least it would make much more sense. Quite honestly, to me it seems clear this is the best option and I don't understand why some people are annoyed by this approach, since it's clearly the most sensible.
heavydestro chapter 12 . 8/19/2014
Love it keep it up and I like the darker side of Naruto so feel free to let him out any time :)
RandomWriter21 chapter 12 . 8/19/2014
Very interesting story. I enjoy the battle Naruto is having with his darkness and how you portray his issue with adults and others. I see a NaruHina coming on, but I don't mind it one bit as the way you have made the story is refreshing.

Best Regards,