Reviews for The Honoured Guest
BentShuriken chapter 5 . 8/15/2014
It's funny to see little antisocial Naruto making friends with team Gai. Now that you mentioned Neji, he shouldn't be "as bad" as canon considering he still has his father around. It makes sense for him to still be a typical Hyuuga though.
Flameraven chapter 6 . 8/15/2014
Interesting little kitty there, I was half expecting Hinata to get a summon. I guess it is still possible at a later date be we shall see.

Part of me hopes that Chie and Akamaru becomes friends just to mess with people. :P

So off to wave eh? Wonder how that is going to go with a Naruto who doesn't give a damn? I almost want you to let them turn around after the demon Bros. I don't think I've ever seen that before.
BentShuriken chapter 4 . 8/15/2014
I like that you arent really bashing characters, don't get me wrong though when people write Sasuke & Sakura as horrible people it can be really funny. Kakashi seems a bit pessimistic about team 7 but to be fair they weren't his ideal buddy buddy team like in canon. I'm guessing they'll eventually grow on him. In regards to the Naruto's emotional state thing again, I kind of want things to spiral out of control and have your story end bad or dark. I see the typical "evil Naruto" stories from time to time but I think it would be better if it was more gradual and believable and justifiable. But I also don't want poor Hinata to fail.
Flameraven chapter 5 . 8/15/2014
So TenTen is trying to gain some Face with the Hyuuga? That is what is seems like here. I do wonder just how Hinata is going to take him hanging around with an older women all the time though... Think she might join them? Its not like she is getting any training at the compound herself.

The of this end chapter just shows why Kakashi is such a horrible teacher, truly it is amazing that any of his kids survived Tora let alone Wave.
Sicloup chapter 4 . 8/15/2014
Oh come the fuck on, you make naruto a drastically different person, specifically not an idiot then put him on team 7 and follow the canon story anyway? What's the fucking point WASTE OF MY FUCKING TIME YOU SHITCUNT
Umbra.Venator chapter 5 . 8/15/2014
Bloody cool story so far, Like how Naruto's progression is believable so far.

Keep it up! :)
nhalltheway chapter 5 . 8/15/2014
No Hinata in this chapter haha
Good luck on your next one thanks :)
Worker72 chapter 3 . 8/14/2014
Not bad. Nice to see Naruto in a better environment before everything hits the fan.
BentShuriken chapter 3 . 8/14/2014
Antisocial Naruto is fun. I think you did a good job of conveying the way you want to go with Naruto. I tend to not like Naruto hiding his skills, people just have him go full idiot mode. I think the way you did it was much better. His skill reveals can seem subtle, this way he seems more ninja-like I guess. I think Naruto would have a different team setup if his skills were known. He has that stealth thing and negative emotion sensing so he would be good with capture/interrogation type missions. If the hokage picks the teams I'm sure he'd be aware of what Naruto can do, which would be the practical thing since keeping your skills hidden from the hokage would probably conterproductive.

I think I like your story so much it got me into ramble mode and kept me typing. :)
BentShuriken chapter 2 . 8/14/2014
Usually when people mention the hated sensing as the power that Kurama gives I think it's lame compated to stuff like steam and lava from other bijuu but Naruto can use it to sort of almost never be tricked. Then again he is still Naruto so he may still be able ot be tricked.
BentShuriken chapter 1 . 8/14/2014
That was pretty cool using the Uzumaki mask temple. I like that he can sense hatred without the Kyuubi cloak. If Mito could do it then I don't see why he can't. I also like that you're going for a subtle approach of the dark Naruto from the waterfall.
Flameraven chapter 3 . 8/14/2014
This is quite interesting, normally Naruto getting with the Hyuuga, or anyone else, helps him fight off the fox's infuance; here you have it hurting a bit.

I find myself wondering why Hinata is this bad though. With her mother alive and Naruto living in the complex you would have thought she would have come out of her shell at lest a little... add seeming to have Ino as a friend and her lack of change seems a little strange.
Rose Tiger chapter 3 . 8/14/2014
I like it! Keep going!
Kunoichi of the Moonlit Night chapter 2 . 8/14/2014
I think this is an interesting start and I look forward to seeing some more of your work.
2,114 | « Prev Page 1 .. 131 138 139 140 141