Reviews for Soul of Fire
Guest chapter 13 . 1/1/2022
While I really like the fic I'm kind of sad about the minimal involvement of Naruto so far. I get that Ichigo is the mc here, but the whole idea of moving to konoha in the first place was because they had family there, right? I know a lot of their interactions have happened off screen but those that did happen are really nice. I also wasnt expecting the slow pace at all. While there has been some interactions with Naruto and the Kurosakis, there hasn't been a whole lot of development so far in terms of relationship other than just getting marginally more comfortable with each other. He feels kind of redundant but at the same time like he's should have more presence? (I dunno. Perhaps I've read too much Naruto-centric fanfiction?)

I feel like there is a half hearted attempt at trying to go for a trauma aspect to the fic because so many of the interactions involving Ichigo, Yuzu, or Karin seem to dwell on that a lot, even when they're not present. However, it doesn't really go anywhere as noone offers them counselling for their apparent trauma nor does anything other than ask about why they are traumatised. Which in hindsight comes off as a little creepy even though I know that isn't what was intended. If you're going to point out the trauma this often to the point of making it such a central point of the story, please make it go somewhere!

A whole other aspect is that the story spends a lot of time talking about what exactly Ichigo can do in many different interactions with the characters. There is just so many conversations about it it's actually amazing! I think at least half of the story is different people asking/interrogating Ichigo about what he can do or the latest ability he has revealed.

Perhaps a slightly premature review, but considering I'm halfway through I just wanted to share my thoughts so far. It isn't intended as a flame but instead as constructive criticism.
lirial89 chapter 32 . 1/1/2022
I absolutely adore this fic! Happy New Year!
dippytrippy122 chapter 32 . 12/25/2021
Idk why I never really gave this story a try until now. I loved it. Every bit of it. I feel like the story could either be wrapping up soon, or it could go on for a long time. Either way, I can’t wait to see where things go:)
elin99 chapter 32 . 12/3/2021
Thank you for this story! I absolutely love it.
Nad19 chapter 20 . 11/21/2021
ugh mystery,i am always not really good at it
Arthanos chapter 32 . 11/7/2021
Dude. I hope you're still okay. I haven't seen you in about a year. I hope everything is going well for you.
cassnova5424 chapter 19 . 8/22/2021
pretty sure my brain commited die a couple times during their shipping moment, i mean seriously A RELATIONSHIP CONTRACT?!

damn good stuff
cassnova5424 chapter 17 . 8/22/2021
so all orihime had to do was think "I love you!" really hard and hit ichigo and he'd have gotten the message, even as dense as he is.
cassnova5424 chapter 13 . 8/22/2021
i love moments like that, one author even made a character be totally aware of exactly who was thinking of them and what it was about, that was fun.
cassnova5424 chapter 9 . 8/22/2021
"Endure beatings to stay out of the hospital"...that sounds about as counterproductive as "run as much as i need to to avoid having to exercise"
cassnova5424 chapter 1 . 8/22/2021
cool start
Joey394 chapter 32 . 8/19/2021
More?
3A07 chapter 32 . 8/1/2021
I can say how much I love this story! I hope it will continue ! Thanks for the read!
Guest chapter 32 . 7/14/2021
I come back to reread this fic every couple of months, it is the only fic I have bookmarked in my browsers. It gives me a delight to reread every single time in full enjoyment from first chapter all the way to the latest when I read. It is a masterclass in consistency and honesty of character and homogenization of distinct ideals and socio-political values and does amazing at balancing the grimness of everything that has and continues to happen even with the best intentions and the reality that life is silly in the weirdest moments bc it keeps going on and people are silly. Its honestly just a beautiful work and I am so delighted everytime I see an update from the last time I read. Your cast and time balance is the most admirable thing I have ever seen, and the way you write is so fluid and easy to follow and so impactful, like when Kakashi thought of the *auspicious* start the kage summit and the image of Sasuke next to Puddle Suigetsu with both their heads just popped up and turned to stare at Teen Angst Naruto. You convey character dialogue and emotion without directly showing in a fantastic way that continues and shows the narrative closeness of continued exposure and time together while forging on ahead with the story. While filler is really nice to chew on, you write in such a way that it would always be an addition that I would love and yearn to have just to have more of it and your writing and I dont think it would ever feel like an unnecessary unwanted extra. Thank you so much for everything you have written and continue to write. I love this fic with my whoke heart.
-PTFS
GreatT'Phon1of4 chapter 32 . 6/20/2021
Nom nom nom. Will honored ancestor Shinigami-sama be making an appearance? I love how all of the shinobi are seemingly instinctively terrified of the Shinigami. I think you did a good job capturing Matatabi's feline nature.
1,471 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »