Reviews for An Intriguing Idea
JessCullen345 chapter 1 . 1/8
Love it please by all means, continue.
Sleepyhallow01 chapter 1 . 11/19/2017
Lumione forever
serenityselena chapter 1 . 10/20/2014
interesting story :)
Guest chapter 1 . 9/27/2014
Ron definitely does need to go and date a Quaffle.
I don't necessarily enjoy this pair (again the age gaps, along with seeming to be a stand in for Dramione, which, you know, might (just maybe) be my OTP), but you also write this quite well. Good job!
Lara1221 chapter 1 . 9/29/2014
I'm sure you know that this also not my favorite pairing XD Not going to lie though, you did write it quite wonderfully, and you made it work in this particular instance. Both Lucius and Hermione were characterized well, and the interaction between them was somewhat realistic. It's not my favorite, but reading what you write is always nice because you do it so well. Great job.
FandaticForeverAndAlways chapter 1 . 9/27/2014
Okay, I'm not really sure how I felt about about this. Firstly, because I don't really like Lucius and I imagined that he would come off as a creepy old man with Hermione. But this was surprisingly okay. I liked the dialogues and the interactions between different characters and Hermione, but they all seemed a bit OOC to me. I did think that the ending was interesting and left the readers wanting more.
This was written very well, good job! :)
NeonDomino chapter 1 . 9/26/2014
I don't like Ron and Hermione together. I admit there have been a few fics in the past that made me want to read about them, but in general, I don't ship them.
At all.
Now Hermione and Lucius on the other hand... let me just say when I clicked this, and saw the pairing,

I almost squealed... like a nine year old girl when a one-direction song came on the tv. I love this pairing!

Ron is how I imagined him after a break-up. He goes running complaining about it. Harry would be used to his strops, and him and Hermione talking about it after... well, I always kind of pictured him more protective over Hermione than over Ron... so he'd want to make sure Hermione is okay.

I like the banter, and the fact that Ginny wasn't with Harry. I pair them sometimes in my stories, but I just don't really ship them all that much. I like that they've made up with the Slytherins. There is nothing left to fight over anymore - they are out of school, and they are no longer Gryffindors and Slytherins - they're a bunch of adults in the real world.

Ron ruined his own night and Hermione felt guilty (very in character) but then Lucius came over, wanting to dance with her, and who could really say no to him? I don't think it would be possible to refuse him a dance.

She ran away. Why would you run away from Lucius Malfoy you insane girl. (can you tell I'm writing this as I read it? because otherwise I'll forget to list how good it is)
I do like how she mentioned answering in the future. She's not going to break up with Ron after a long relationship, and start one with the wonderful Lucius the same night after all...
I love this story. I just love it. I love how you portrayed Lucius. He's the charming pure-blood that every woman wants, and he knows it, but he's not arrogant and unbearable... he's smooth and charming and he was quite cheeky to lean in to kiss her neck.

Wow, this is getting long. Sorry it's all over the place, I suck at leaving good reviews. I may have to go find more Hermione/Lucius stories now.

Oh, and the one thing I didn't like about it: That it ended there. I didn't want it to end :( :(
I WANT MORE! *demands more Hermione/Lucius*
Kaya70 chapter 1 . 9/21/2014
Love it plz update soon plz
alyssialui chapter 1 . 9/21/2014
I wish I could get a part two to this. I love the dynamic between Hermione and Lucius. Though I love Lucissa, this was done very well and Lucius' character was on spot. Though the beginning had too many negative Ron feelings, and I wish it concentrated more on the Hermione/Lucius aspect, I still enjoyed this fic.
pygmypuff8 chapter 1 . 9/19/2014
Nice idea, although I've never really liked Lucius Malfoy, and I don't think I ever will, this was well handled and believable, if you think Lucius is a nice guy (which I don't, but I do think this was nice if he was, so please pay no mind to that). I liked that Hermione didn't pine after Ron, as I don't see her as the sort of woman to do that. Maybe as a young girl she would've, but as a grown woman, never. Good job.
Fire The Canon chapter 1 . 9/15/2014
I'm going to be bluntly honest straight out with this fic - I really don't mind reading fics with Ron and Hermione paired with other people, despite them being my OTP. Of course, I have my preferences, but I can and will read them, and have also written them before. What I don't like about non-Romione fics is 90 percent of them focus very heavily on the break up and how bad Ron is for Hermione, blah, blah, and it makes me angry. Why does Ron even have to be mentioned in them? Why can't he be just left out completely, not mentioned at all? Why do fics always have to have him drinking away his sorrows or sulking or not being 'intelligent' enough for Hermione? It really irritates me, and I'm sorry to say that this fic is one of the ones that grated on my nerves.

When I saw that it was a HermioneLucius pairing, I was kind of excited, I admit. I was intrigued and was curious to see what you would do with it, but unfortunately, I felt that it was just one of those fics that its sole purpose there is to focus on Ron and his flaws and then exaggerate his flaws to the point of it almost being bashing. I honestly searched this fic thoroughly because I thought it might have been a humorous fic, like you exaggerating HP fanfiction cliches or something, but I couldn't see any evidence of that being the case, so I wasn't sure.

I think it was written well, SPaG-wise, but I honestly felt that the whole situation was very OOC throughout. I think there is a line post-war where people like Theodore Nott and Draco are getting along to be really good friends, and I felt that line in this might have been blurred slightly. I just felt in all aspects you strayed a little too far from canon, making it quite OOC, in my opinion - all characters, that is.

I don't see Harry and Hermione sitting down and having a good old laugh at Ron after they would break up. I don't see Hermione not really feeling anything at all, or Harry (of all people) saying Ron wasn't intelligent enough for her (which I think is a load of croc anyway). Them breaking up is a plausible situation, but the way it occurred in this, definitely wasn't, I didn't feel.

I think having Hermione feel guilty at the Ministry was probably the most in-character - I just felt it was more in her nature to feel guilty from the get-go. Not sitting down and laughing about it with Harry. And I think Harry would be more sympathetic, too. It just felt like that joke was on Ron in this, and I didn't like it. It's just not how they would behave in this situation.

As I said, it was written well, but I just didn't like this at all. Sorry Bex :(
deletes chapter 1 . 9/9/2014
(I hope you don't mind, this is the feedback I sent back with the fic :))
This was a very believable Romione break up. I particularly liked the friendship between Harry and Hermione here, it was very sweet. I also liked the brief mentions you gave about other characters, which spoke volumes about them, like Theo being an old lady for gossip and Luna collecting animals for a magical zoo. The Hermione/Lucius also felt natural, considering. Lovely job!