Reviews for Finders Keepers
Good read.
Cheri0427 chapter 1 . 11/22/2014
I absolutely LOVE this story! :D
Peace Like a River chapter 1 . 8/28/2014
Nice! I really like the theme you wove throughout the piece, of "you want something, you fight for it" and how Yondu applied it to Peter's father. Because, after watching the Guardians, I remember scratching my head and wondering, why the heck would they keep Peter instead of delivering him, especially if there would be a big cash reward upon delivery? But your explanation makes a lot of sense!

Kudos,
PLR
LadyTeldra chapter 1 . 8/23/2014
Yay for back story! That was actually sort of cute.
pattie mayonnaise chapter 1 . 8/23/2014
This was super cool. I really loved it. You do so well characterizing the Ravagers, and I really feel like I'm on the ship with them. It's great to see everyone's interaction with the young Peter Quill. You feel like laughing at some parts with the way they tease Peter and sad at others for the poor kid. Yondu isn't really a father figure for Peter, and neither is anyone else, but still there is a sense of belonging among the group...like they all know what it's like to not have a family and to truly be on your own, with no one looking for you. So in that way it becomes home. You got Yondu spot-on by the way, his quotes in here are EXACTLY stuff he'd say. You might be intending this as a one-shot, but if the inspiration strikes you, I'd love to see more stories about Peter growing up as a Ravager. I think you'd do them justice. Can't wait to see what else you've got planned! Until next fic

-Pattie
Guest chapter 1 . 8/20/2014
I liked this!
AutobotGuy710 chapter 1 . 8/20/2014
Well this was the first GOTG story I've read! And this was an AWESOME read. It was definitely a well crafted story as to why Quill joined the Ravagers and why they didn't return him. So well done. Great characterization on Yondu as well. :)
Twisha chapter 1 . 8/16/2014
So damn cute! I can just hear Michael Rooker saying those lines. Yondu's voice was perfect. Are you planning on writing anything more from his perspective?
Faliara chapter 1 . 8/16/2014
That. Is. Amazing.

I love how you wrote it, how you wrote Yondu and young Peter especially. During the part where Yondu said 'you want something, you gotta have to fight for it,' I had thought that he meant that you had to take it if you wanted it, so I kind of disagreed with Yondu when he said it's the rule of the universe.

Then you wrote the part where Yondu realized what felt wrong about the job, how Peter's father promised to pay the Ravagers but could've actually used that money to retrieve him himself, how the man didn't ask whether if Peter was okay, and how Peter himself didn't even know about aliens existing before, and it all kind of drove in.

'You want something, you gotta have to fight for it' indeed.

That was exactly what Peter's father didn't do.
RedHatMeg chapter 1 . 8/16/2014
Great story. I like the final conclusion that is conected to the whole "You want something, you fight for it."

We deffinately need more stuff with Yondu and Peter.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 8/16/2014
This was so cute! I have been wondering why they wouldn't deliver him and this is a perfect reason. Thanks for writing _
IllyanaStones chapter 1 . 8/15/2014
"You want something, you fight for it" - this is just simply amazing!
DonWar chapter 1 . 8/15/2014
Probably my favorite look at how Peter possibly became ravager.