Reviews for nine2five 2,13 Haven
devious418 chapter 3 . 6/25
I give you much praise. I haven't read any better, or any period for that matter, reason why Mary used the supressor on Chuck in Stephen's basement. Canon ignored it completely, as do most fiction authors.

I'm sorry that I haven't reviewed before but I am making my way through your opus and i must say, you do the characters great justice.

Well done and thank you.
fezzywhigg chapter 4 . 5/29/2015
Excellent chapter! I liked Beckman shooting the rocket in canon (jealous Diane!...anyone?...oh well) but your team flows so well in the scene and Chuck is still Chuck. Thanks.
fezzywhigg chapter 3 . 5/28/2015
I appreciated the back story and the good Sarah/Frost interaction. I always love Roan. Thanks. I am curious how "Seduction Impossible" plays in this story, Cool!
fezzywhigg chapter 1 . 5/28/2015
This hero's journey I can get behind. As dark and bad as it is for Chuck and Sarah, they are married (still a big deal in my book),and they still care for each other. I, as the reader, still see a light at the end of the tunnel for them. Is it too simplistic to say canon S3 failed (to me anyhow) because of the PLI not the dark issues?
doc2or chapter 4 . 1/30/2015
Not sure how I forgot the "It won't come off" line but I did remember Marrakesh. I liked the scene with Dreyfus about Chuck's hands. Thanks for the reminder.
Arya's prayers chapter 4 . 9/15/2014
I enjoy the action portions and their pace but it's the details that are my favorite.

The notion of Roan's nose hair trimmer as capable of being modified to cut iron bars gave me a chuckle! His entire toilet kit was a fantastic Q-esque touch. "That's a toothbrush, Charles." (snort!)

Carina's cover costume? Clearly necessary. (Thank you!) But you're right, she isn't very 'hippy' - uncommonly slim in fact. And Casey calling her 'Princess Jasmine'...it's the gift that keeps giving!

Casey looked down at his... Wait, what? Ooooohh, that's what you meant. And old-school shackles are no good on Carina (see above). And Roan is a fantastic instigator. These three should be locked in a room together more often - Casey being restrained is probably necessary.

I felt sorry for the guard. Clearly no one has ever called her pretty. :( Or explained the difference between dandy and pansy - although the nuance seems lost on her.

Fun reads! Especially considering the overall arc.
Arya's prayers chapter 3 . 9/15/2014
Two reviews just sitting in my notepad...

Welp...you made me look up 'cyclomatic complexity'! Let's just file that one away with Flux capacitor...

Really liked the Frost and Volkoff backstory. We're pretty in synch on that in a lot of ways.

I always had a sort of 'cautionary tale' vibe between the Stephen-Mary dynamic and Chuck-Sarah that I wish they had leveraged a little more (besides the superficial nerd / super-agent similarities of the pairings).

I like Hannah/Manoosh! And they don't have to be Hanoosh to be enjoyable.

Aaaaaaaaaand...
RAB chapter 4 . 9/7/2014
That's a great end and yes not what I thought would happen going back Prague almost sounds like a Beatles song great episodes love reading your stuff...
Guest chapter 4 . 9/6/2014
I wasn't sure whether to read your fics. I skimmed it a couple of times and then one day I thought what the hell. I really like how you've portrayed chuck and how you've. Stopped the suspense with whole "will chuck and Sarah ever meet?". Because in the show I thought it was bull crap and it should have just happened In season three. Another reason I enjoy your fic is that you are making chucks character grow more than he should have. He should have been strong and a willing fighter by season four, but you know the writers. I think they only concentrated on chuck and Sarah relationship crises more than chucks development. Don't get me wrong there was development, but I feel like he could have been more, just like in your stories. Please by all means carry on. I'd hate to see a good fic die..

P.s sorry for ramble its quiet late here. And grammar. And spellings and full stops where there shouldn't have been one. I hope it makes sense what I'm trying to say lol
resaw chapter 4 . 9/7/2014
I really like the way you re-placed the characters in their various roles in this episode. In particular, instead of Casey's ultimate resorting to form, you put Chuck in the role of seducing the guard and rescuing the trapped threesome of Roan, Carina and Casey. Chuck's words to the guard were clever.

Hmm, that last line. "Chuck flashed. On nothing." As is sometimes the case, I am confused. I thought that he was without the Intersect in this situation. That is not true, I gather. Also, if he flashed "on nothing," what happened here? It feels like he has developed a plan to get Sarah back.

Great chapter! Thanks.
Molotov chapter 4 . 9/6/2014
I enjoyed the Chuck/Charlotte other-fan-fic shout out.

I liked this particular episode done in your style. While the Beckman/Roan pairing amuses me, everything here just seemed to work right, especially Chuck's seduction. And Roan's gadgets. And belly-dancing.
phnxgrl chapter 4 . 9/6/2014
I loved how Roan, Casey and Carina were sent to rescue Chuck. I loved how it was Chuck who ended up rescuing them. Please continue.
resaw chapter 2 . 9/3/2014
Not a lot of love from Vivian when it comes to Sarah... "What did you do with the body?" I love Frost's response, that Sarah was sent off to take a bath. We know that Sarah is a formidable spy, but I really like your economical indicators that she is an incredibly dangerous fighter: "The guards who were still conscious..." Great line.

That "flash-talk" is crazy. Truly LOL (or at least a quiet chuckle lest people think I've gone nuts).

Am I right that Sarah has not spoken at all since the end of the last episode? Is this an effect of the toxin? The psychological impact of her seeing Chuck kill someone, or a combination? "Sarah couldn't respond in any way, given the circumstances..."

Thank you for another great chapter. I'm glad that the way forward has made itself clear to you. Looking forward to what's coming next.
Molotov chapter 3 . 9/1/2014
Yeah, the Hannah/Manoosh scene did seem out of place. It's as if someone (you) said, "Hey! We haven't seen much of Hannah lately. Let's do something with her. Do what? I don't know. Figure it out."

But I dig, dig, dig the Agent X explanation. The show seemed kinda eh on explaining it. You definitely made it clearer and straightforward about what was happening. It makes more sense for Hartley to be an emergency guinea pig and then continue being so rather than he and Orion crafting the whole thing and it fucks up on test one and turns him into Volkoff. The idea of them rushing it and guessing it and going piece by piece makes for a better and more compelling explanation.

Where we are now in this massive story, I find myself confused at what Chuck and Sarah have become. Ever since Sarah joined up with Volkoff, it's just...weird to me. I don't get at all what happened with the trackers/injection/leather catsuit thing. So she was messed up over Chuck and that's why she joined them...then she sees Chuck kill and it fucks her up more... Maybe I need to re-read the last four or five episodes to get a grasp on this.

Now Chuck...okay... So he was doing off-on daily Intersect downloads. Then somehow his manufactured cool guy spy persona somehow hijacked his brain for a while. They kill off Carmichael and he seems chill, and then he kinda adopts a new persona for a chapter but it wasn't really anything because you explained that one to me and now he's a dude with no Intersect but he's still a spy and his wife is gone and he's shot a dude but he seems pretty chill about it and seems to care more about Sarah being gone than taking a life but... I don't know. Winner for longest sentence goes to me. I don't know how you put up with my reviews.
RAB chapter 3 . 8/31/2014
Bring on the seduction! Great episode so far love how you have envisioned the series very refreshing. Can't wait for the next set of updates