Reviews for Horseshoes & Hand Grenades
ShinyObjects chapter 2 . 8/6/2017
Oh look, there IS a second chapter. Silly me- don't know why I missed it before. : /
Anyway... thanks for writing Vic's perspective. I think it's spot-on. The image of her standing and touching the door is quite poignant. And I especially like that she'll remember the look on his face for the future. Nicely done.
Here's hoping season 6 will finally see the payoff!
ShinyObjects chapter 1 . 8/3/2017
This is really lovely. I love the introspection and your use of language. Good job!
ILeftMyHeartInAbsaroka chapter 2 . 3/25/2016
Thanks for filling in the blanks from Vic's point of view! I especially thank you kindly for the warm details. But now that we know what happened in season 4- a BIG left turn- as far as Walt and Vic goes- I am curious about what you will come up with next... keep up the good writing!
ILeftMyHeartInAbsaroka chapter 1 . 3/25/2016
A glimpse into Walt's head is a fascinating place to be, because from the foggy place where we have all been sitting, a little more insight and clarity is just what the doctor ordered. You snagged onto a big night of serious sexual tension for Walt and his point of view has been untapped previously. This particular evening was one where we, with any sort of intact libido, have wondered about- why was Walt so exceptionally quiet at the bar... was he really listening to Vic, or frankly, was he thinking about her lips and "bad girls" (Walt is a deep guy, but lets face it, he's packed with some serious restrained heat, and well, he's a man! just as Vic once said)- great points that you bring up!; and then at the motel door where Vic has the chivalry to unlock his door- what was she really unlocking all this time for him? Then, when Walt is sitting on the bed, after hanging up the phone, he is completely wrestling with the thought of Vic and the situation he is in- which you NAILED: she confused him, infuriated, inflamed him. The door knocked, he patted down the back of his hair and bam!, grenade. Just as you said. Please, more of Walt's thoughts! I agree with your assessment of Lizzie and I'm all over your position that Walt fantasizes about the look and feel of Vic. I like that you tap into his awareness of her: he IS a sensual and sensitive guy. I look forward to you telling us more what he sees and feels, especially when it comes to Vic.
Lena Carr chapter 2 . 1/17/2016
I enjoyed this - the whole Travelers & Sean thing generally has me side-eyeing fic that deals with it, because adultery is not my kink, *and* because in my read of canon, the characters have already established that they are leery of the repercussions from reckless behavior. (But at the same time, it's also clear in my read of canon that their better angels are seriously wrestling with the demons of temptation.) I'm really impressed here with how you managed to capture that conflict, stay with canon, and not stray too far into adultry kink. Really think you did well here.
untapdtreasure chapter 2 . 10/12/2015
Love the insight on both of their parts. It feels very up to snuff with what was actually happening in that scene. My goodness. I would kill for an AU where she did knock and it wasn't business.
zuclinator chapter 2 . 9/7/2015
Really good characterization for a first in fandom fic.
hazeleyes571 chapter 2 . 10/21/2014
Terrific read, and I have been looking forward to reading this view of the situation.

Particularly liked the sentence starting 'Lost in her wild speculations...' the fact that she had not even been aware of moving was quite telling.

I haven't seen any of season three yet, but I'm especially looking forward to the episode this is based around (gutted that the show has been cancelled!).

I shall (like many others, I suspect) hope for more work from you with this interesting duo. More 'Walt-filled fantasy land' please!
jrrm64 chapter 1 . 9/17/2014
Well done.
JustBecause2012 chapter 2 . 8/28/2014
I've watched the show since the beginning, but just started binge-reading Longmire fic and Craig Johnson's books since season 3 ended. Found this story after reading your other Longmire story (which was great). I really enjoy your writing style and the details you provided in this story. Definitely an in-character glimpse into what was likely going on in the minds of Walt and Vic during the episode. I hope you'll be writing more Longmire stories soon!
Tubbie chapter 2 . 8/23/2014
Enjoyed. Inside a character's head is a very rich environment to play in.
Auntieoaty chapter 2 . 8/22/2014
I'll take a Harvey Walbanger. Not that it is is drink of choice, but rather that it is one I have never had and Walt and Vic make me want to try things I've never done before ;)
As for the review - your reveal of the inter thinking if Walt and especially Vic was terrific. Thank you for posting the Vuc perspective - I liked how she admitted to herself the moment she quit lying and that she was willing to challenge Walt to cross that line with her because she knew her marriage was over and that she was consumed with thoughts and feelings for Walt; because she had been denying the torch she was carrying even to herself until Lizzie's outburst. Well done! By all means dabble (&fall in) to the fandom fanfics for these two; you obviously already 'feel them'.
waltxvic chapter 2 . 8/22/2014
Good job! Loved your description of what kissing Walt would be like ... sigh. Stupid Branch - way to spoil the moment!
steubec chapter 2 . 8/22/2014
Yes, Yes, Yes! Love reading your take on the thoughts and emotions of these two during this scene! So glad you ventured into Longmire. Please stay as long as you want!
TheGodmother2 chapter 1 . 8/19/2014
Totally awesome. Would love to read Vic's perspective. Welcome to the Longmire (Walt/Vic) pleasure dome.