Reviews for Light in Despair's Darkness
Wow, Naegi is truly a jerk here, I always thought that so called "rational" fics were garbage, and sadly, it seems that I am not mistaken.
UltimateNagitoSimp chapter 6 . 2/11
... You did not just kill Naegi
makopaulo chapter 2 . 11/2/2020
You don't need an academic paper to refute roko's basilisk. Just think of the odds of a super-intelligent AI being illogical enough to gain a grudge towards a massively (collectively) less intelligent human for not dedicating themselves completely to creating it, and petty enough to create a simulation of human history (and becoming functionally omnipotent) to torture via proxy the ones too ignorant or 'dumb' to contribute to its creation, because it really, Really, REALLY wanted to start existing sooner (because all of us remember the harrowing experience of not existing!).
cubbyhb1 chapter 64 . 9/23/2020
I just have to ask: Was the mention of Roko's Basilisk in chapter one setup for AlterEgo?
Guest chapter 61 . 1/8/2019
Like i said this fanfiction is garbage.
Guest chapter 60 . 1/8/2019
This fanfiction is garabage.
hi chapter 52 . 8/31/2018
holy shit i got a part right fuck my uncle and call me a monkey
of course it was the most obvious part but shhhhhhhhh~ let me be happy
hi chapter 51 . 8/31/2018
i'm only reading this fic now, so i suppose i'm a bit late, but here goes a solution:
i'm absolute shit at chemistry so i'm clueless as to what chemicals he actually has. i'm assuming he has access to a strong acid. he obviously has information about the execution, so he's prepared in advance for it.
a strong acid can melt steel, probably. a secret compartment holding an amount of it, hidden on his arm.
or, alter ego, because yeah.
as you can tell i'd be dead in this situation, lmfao.
maybe i should have stayed in school.
Western-Otaku chapter 5 . 12/9/2017
Correct me if I'm wrong please, but I don't see how Moore's Law applies to this situation? I thought Moore's Law was the idea that in Computing the number of transistors that are present in the current generation of components with dense circuitry should double approximately every 2 years. Basically the average Computing power for the latest electronic appliances should double in that time frame. I'm not sure how this concept applies to the timing of execution for Naegi's plan?
guest chapter 50 . 12/1/2017
yeah kirigiri totally did it. had to get it out there, though no one will read this.
SaintzRD chapter 1 . 4/14/2017
Wow, I am literally speechless. I feel like this fic has changed my life a little bit. When I first started it, it was kinda awkward, characters seemed OOC, and it was almost... too easy (how Naegi solved the first case so fast). However, I decided to keep reading and I'm soooo glad I did. The twists, turns, loops, and all aspects of this story kept me hooked and glad that I read this. This is easily the top 2 in fanfics I've read. Please update more in the sequel, I don't know what I might do if I'm not able to read more!
Kittykatrosetta chapter 28 . 8/25/2016
...aw. That was sad. I liked how they found the body before he/she (no spoilers) was dead. It was refreshing, however gruesome the word. Nice chapter!
Kittykatrosetta chapter 27 . 8/25/2016
Them all suddenly accepting Genocider is a bit awkward. Didn't it take a lot of questions and arguing in the cannon before they finally accepted Touko's alter personality? She just claimed to be a renowned serial killer- the SDHS Rationalist just accepts that, no questions asked?
That being said, I love the interaction with Genocider and everyone else. It was really funny, though I would have loved more reactions from the other students. A gasp, a cry, a counter-it seems all the other characters do is sit and watch "with growing looks of concern" or confusion. When you take the time to play with a character, you manage to portray their personalities really well. Celeste's careful and delicate movements, how her eyes narrow in the middle of conversations, Hiro's crazy conspiracies-it's really fun to read. If you work on highlighting the other characters even when they're not in the spotlight, like offhandedly describing what a handful of the students are doing instead of just mentioning that they're there, then the story will really come alive. For example, I would have loved to kno was "grinning" when he designated the cafeteria as a sleeping room. And when everyone is bent over Touko, you could have described their different reactions. Celeste might be smirking, Asahina might have her hands over her mouth, Togami could be on the other side of the room totally uninterested, Ishimaro could be shouting out orders-little things that, together, make the characters, and the story, come alive.
Great work so far. I look forward to keep reading.
The Anguished One chapter 64 . 8/24/2016
Well, I know what I'm doing today.
Ayumi chapter 14 . 7/15/2016