Reviews for Learning to Accept
Aftermath212 chapter 71 . 6/24
Hey! Finally got around to finishing the last couple of chapters. I loved every second of this. What a journey! I think I said it in my first review, but it still applies; I'm not usually a big fan of OC characters, but man did you give them life. This is definitely one of my favorite fics. Such a unique take on one of my favorite parts of the Mass Effect universe! It was grounded, believable, and fit seamlessly into the world of Mass Effect. The characters were layered and had realistic growth, and I found myself sympathizing with and relating to Zha on several occasions! I was genuinely immersed into the story you weaved, and near the end, I was on the edge of my seat every chapter. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. A!

And a happy ending, too! I do wonder though: did Zha's co-workers make it out alive, or were they killed in the fighting? I bet not knowing will keep Zha awake some nights! It'll definitely keep me wondering. I guess you intentionally left it open-ended, and that's a good thing — it adds another layer of complexity to Zha's decisions. It reinforces the fact that nothing is black and white, especially not the decisions we make. Just another reason this fits so well into Mass Effect's universe!

It's been a great ride. Thank you again for sharing it with us. :) I'm not all that into fanfics anymore, but I'll check you out on ao3 sometime for sure. You have talent!
SerpentBane007 chapter 71 . 6/3
This has been a wild ride, many congratulations on finishing this massive project! This story has been amazing to read and watching you grow as an author. I can’t wait to see where you go in future stories, I’ll be eagerly awaiting them.
ElementsOfVariousStuff chapter 71 . 5/29
Well, it's been one hell of a ride and an even bigger pleasure!
If you'll excuse me, I've got things to do now over on ao3...
DRWPJT chapter 71 . 5/29
Sad that the journey is finally over but what an amazing story. Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful piece, I've enjoyed it immensely.
TLW173 chapter 70 . 5/29
Well bloody done, best mass effect fanfic I've read in years, you didn't pull any punches either, I hope you have a sequel in mind, I'd hate to just forget about this story! Keep up the enthralling, emotional, amazing stories my friend!
The Great Valley Guardian chapter 1 . 5/16
In the infinite expanse of FanFiction. net there are diamonds and gems to be found. But this is no mere gem, this story gripping in atmosphere, tension, and drama has hd me hooked for over a month! This story without a doubt is a masterpiece of the higest value and you should be forever proud of the joy you've brought me and anyone else who have been fortunate enough ro read this entrancing story.
SerpentBane007 chapter 63 . 5/12
Great new chapter, I love this story and how it has progressed. Keep up the amazing work.
Aftermath212 chapter 62 . 5/9
The drama! The *suspense*! You're killing me! You've definitely upped the ante these past few chapters! It was *super* tense to read that bit with Sunei, and now Roland's gone?! Aaagh! I can't wait to see where this goes. :)
keep going chapter 1 . 5/5
name
hex645 chapter 1 . 5/3
I hope Roland is ok
Death to the geth
SpectorChris chapter 7 . 3/1
Alright this was a great find i like it so far cant stop reading.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/26/2017
(Only read the description) ...why did I immediately think of a robot saying "why? Why was I programmed to feel pain?" when I read the description?
Aftermath212 chapter 53 . 12/18/2017
This update was awesome. Zha and Fha reconciled! Sure, it was awkward and messy, and probably only temporary, but still! And now they have a plan. A long-shot, but hopefully luck will be on their side. I'm slightly concerned for Fha's well being, though. Hopefully the Fleet Marines will be enough to keep him and his daughter safe.

I still can't believe my timing, by the way. How strange was that? Life's weird like that, I suppose. Looking forward to Fha trying to bite his tongue while on the ship. :)
Aftermath212 chapter 51 . 12/15/2017
Man, time flies! Feels like I haven't reviewed in forever, but rest assured, I'm still reading! I can't wait to see how Zha pulls off the rescue. Or, doesn't pull off the rescue. The great thing about OCs is that you don't know what's going to happen to them! I love the suspense.

I'm also a fan of the relationship you've built between Zha and her father. It's something entirely new to me — I've always had a kind, supporting family. It was actually hard to get through a few of their scenes, because I've never had to deal with something like that before. That's a testament to your great writing; if I wasn't so emotionally attached to your characters, I wouldn't feel sorry for them! Blast you for making me feel. ;)

I'm looking forward to whatever comes next (secretly praying Zha and Fha manage to mend their relationship), whenever that may be. No rush! It's the holidays, after all. Speaking of which: Happy Holidays. :)