Reviews for A Piece of Glass
Demented Koneko chapter 1 . 11/27/2002
This was very beautiful. I think you potrayed and expressed Asuka's feelings very well. I also like your idea of Asuka thinking why the doll and never me? Overall i feel really sorry for her for because of her past. When she first came into the series i saw her as an annoying little brat, but after reading some sites about her i discovered that their are many reason's to why she acts the way she does. Great fic! _
Hiryu Kaga chapter 1 . 11/14/2002
...OOC? Not really, at least not in my opinion. Except maybe one detail:

'an Oedipus complex', 'the man who wanted to be Adam (...) the spirit of Lilith' - how would she know all this?

Aside from that... it's one of the best Asuka pieces I've read.
L. Hiiragizawa chapter 1 . 11/13/2002
I really, really liked how you portrayed Asuka. You beautifully narrated her "other side" that I didn't see in the duration of the series. This piece shall go to my favorites. :)
A Reviewer chapter 1 . 11/12/2002
Ooooh. Big words, don't see those often enough in fan fics.

Really good work, says I. It was rather existential, and yet very real and raw. Or maybe I'm just babbling instead of reviewing again. I liked it though, and thought that it was very believable. I also think you managed to nail Asuka's thoughts on Rei really well.

Looking forward to of your work.

Later
NoStyle chapter 1 . 11/12/2002
i really loved this fanfic. i thought that you portrayed Asuka's character very well. to me she wasnt totally ooc because there are certain things people are very forward about, and other things which they choose to keep hidden such as feelings of love, much like how i thought Asuka was. anyhow i could probably go on forever, but i'll try and keep it short. this was so well written and it really got the feelings thru to the reader i especially loved the emotion running thru this, it was amazing how well you did that. great job
Miya-Bi chapter 1 . 11/12/2002
I really enjoyed this piece. Great writing, I really felt for her. I hope you continue to write Eva fics especially ones about Asuka. You truly are gifted and I look forward to anything else you might decide to write. Great job! *thumbs up*!
Wraith chapter 1 . 11/12/2002
Nice, a little OOC, bit still nice.
SHOtoo lazy to log in chapter 1 . 11/12/2002
Overall the fic was pretty good. The angst was also pretty well done considering. You've done a pretty good job for a newbie in the eva section.

Personally i don't think your characterization was TOO ooc. Afterall, the fact that Asuka does have feelings for Shinji and vice-versa has pretty much been established in eva especially in the Evangelion "Directors Cut" series and EOE. Also, like Shinji also suffers from the hedgehogs dilemma. The only difference between the two is that instead shunning away from human contact, Asuka prefers to push people away before they get too close.

The only REAL problem i did see with it was regarding how much Asuka DID know about what was happening. She didn't know anything about Gendo's plans as well as Rei's origins until during instrumentality. The only thing she did know was about Kaji's death which was in one of the scenes in the " ".

Ps: Rei/Kaworu? Now that's a pairing i'd like to see done more. Personally, i think it's pretty sad...that there is a scarce number of K/R fics around.(I can count all of the K/R fics i have either read or heard about with my 10 fingers). This is not a very popular pairing in Eva fandom in spite of the great possibilities this pairing has...

Anybody who has seen the "DC" version of evangelion will know that Kaworu a.k.a. Tabris was created by Seele using the same process that was used to create Rei...What's more, like Rei...they also gave him an angels soul, mainly Adam's salvageable soul.

Which means that Kaworu(Adam) is practically Rei's(Lilith) counterpart. What's more...if he can make the series second most introverted person to open up...imagine how long he'll take with the first child..._
Samael chapter 1 . 11/11/2002
Not too angsty. Short, nice, duck!

Shinji/Asuka pairing. Thank you... Thank you.
dennisud chapter 1 . 11/11/2002
Not a bad little ficcy, just hope all your stuff isn't as angsty!

dennisud