Reviews for Just One Yesterday
Staria's Light chapter 21 . 4/17/2019
Uh... I have no idea if you are still writing or not... But I NEED A SEQUEL! You can't just leave me hanging here! What does Gatlocke mean at the end? Has Rex truly become the Rex of that world? Why was Rex so enamoured by Beverly? Did our Rex really lose his memories? What is that tell everyone keeps saying about and why only some of them bother to notice it? It's likes they're being selective! I'm so confused! I still need answers! So please... Reply me if possible!
michaela.drapalova.92 chapter 21 . 11/29/2018
...Got here from TVTropes' Fanfic Recommendations page. It's been a while since I actually watched the show, but boy, I regret nothing.

It's like the Rex from this world had it all planned.
Maybe not for this exact course of action, but it was planned ahead. I'd say "In case he lost his memory again," but that was most likely a fad... But then his brother... Oh, right, the machine. Now it makes sence.
Holly nanites, that was a really good, complex plan.
Genial, even.
It's scope just the right size: not so big to be unable to remember it, but not small enough for anyone to connect the dots without inside help.
The amount of variables just enough to throw anyone off track, while still remaining rather compact.
Almost supervillain-worthy.
Then again, characters of the Chaotic alignment tend to have a slightly loose sence of right and wrong, and Canon Rex is pretty much the textbook definition of what a Chaotic Good character should be like.

No Out-Of-Character to be seen far and wide, as far as I'm concerned. That includes the setting.
Most new(ish) writers make the mistake of underestimating the importance of a setting. The "feel" of the scene can sometimes really make or break a story, and GenRex is rather tough with it's delicate balance of post-apocalyptic, dark, disturbed world with humanity under the threat of extinction and happy-go-lucky, playful outlook the series had to take in order to be approved.
It's that kind of thinking "This is hilarious!" when watching and then going to "What the hell did I just wittness" on your trip to the fridge and back. The feeling of dread created by the world, then supressed by the show's atmosphere, and left to develop into horror once they stop distracting you from it.
And this masterpiece got that balance right.
It all seemed fine and dandy by the last chapter, but then I went to the shower, and the dread set in.

Gatlocke summing it up here is a very considerate gesture to the readers who got lost in the brilliant, tangled-up master scheme this plot is, without it feeling like hand-holding.

Now, excuse me while I go nerd out about this to my three friends.
fictiongirl1230 chapter 21 . 2/14/2018
Hi! I really liked this story, what whit Rex coming from a different future/universe and the differrent characters trying to fili in the blanks and all. I just wanted to point out that even though you said it was an AU of the series ending, you've seem to have forgotten to put a warning for Bobo. It's cannon that he was a helper chimpanzee for the hospital (Robobobo). Also in the end Rex gains his memories before fighting the Consorsium, but if it was on purpouse i ubderstand why you did it, this way Rex knowing next to nothing about his family.
I didn't understand the end though, the whole " Rex Salazar never lost his. memories" thing that Gatlocke thinks is a con. After CaĆ­n chasrs Rex and he has that accident, the story could work for both Rex's, what with both hearing technology/nanites and having memory issues. But canon!Rex came to this AU world and was fearing gaining AU!Rex's personality, and Gatlocke thinks AU!Rex never lost his memory.
What happened? Did canon!Rex cese to exist when he lost his memories and AU!Rex replaced him? Whth canon!Rex's memories? Did canon!Rex gain AU!Rex's memories and continued AU!Rex's plan to get out of that life? Or is Gatlocke imagining all of this?
Zela Night chapter 20 . 6/5/2017
Good for you Rex.
Rye Scop chapter 21 . 4/20/2017
This story was absolutely amazing! Though, the ending was a bit confusing. Gatlocke thinks that Rex has kept all his memories and that the memory loss is just a ruse, but throughout your fic we read things from Rex's pov and he honestly has no idea what is going on. Even in these last chapters, he seems to have legitimately lost his memories, even from his own perspective. So does Gatlocke really see something there the readers themselves don't? That Rex himself doesn't see? Or is he just that obsessed with solving the case? It doesn't make sense for Rex to appear to have his memories and to be faking the loss (to Circe, to Gatlocke) when in reality he *doesn't* remember... I mean, I can totally see his "former" self being a real jerk and evil mastermind, but his new self is the one he got from the former universe where he worked for White Knight.

The ending was amazing though, it just left me with a lot of questions; for the future of Rex, and for the "ordeal" he just went through.

I'd really love to see a sequel of this, though I know this is a bit late to ask for one. I would love to see some of the answers to those questions (really, the fact that I'm asking all of these questions is that I find this fic immensely interesting and want to read more). :) Anyway, this has really caught my eye and I would like to see more in this AU if you have the time!
aqaws321 chapter 21 . 4/7/2017
this did a great job of wrapping everything up. amazing story.
aqaws321 chapter 20 . 4/7/2017
omG THIS STORY WAS AMAZING
aqaws321 chapter 19 . 4/7/2017
loved this bit
aqaws321 chapter 18 . 4/7/2017
Things are taking shape and I'm so excited!
aqaws321 chapter 17 . 4/7/2017
now they're attacking the lab? wow this isn't reckless at all
aqaws321 chapter 16 . 4/7/2017
omg the end of this both made me happy and sad
aqaws321 chapter 15 . 4/7/2017
Well, things ARE starting to heat up.
aqaws321 chapter 14 . 4/7/2017
This was such a great chapter. I loved the part where One/Six caught Rex and brought him home. Too cute.
aqaws321 chapter 13 . 4/7/2017
I feel like everything is about to get worse
aqaws321 chapter 12 . 4/7/2017
Oooh, things are really heating up. Loved the bit between Six and Rex.