Reviews for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - SoF - Twist in Time
0lcra chapter 2 . 4/9
So my current theory was at this point that Riley the Riolu was originally a Lucario from a Pokemon Human mixed world while Grovile's former partner Riley is collecting Timegears. If the intent was to use this as a secret that would be revealed much later, you may have used too much foreshadowing and should be wary in future works for spoiling plot points.

But given this is two chapters in and I haven't conformed this fact, nor seen how or when you reveal that information, my opinion of how you dealt with these hint drops is subject to change.
Silicon42 chapter 49 . 11/12/2018
Glad to see you've managed to overcome your writer's block! Sorry I haven't messaged with the rest of the characters that I teased. College keeps me far too busy.
alicia.brock.129 chapter 48 . 11/5/2018
Hmmm I've been thinking about this for while but Ri's from another time line where she told the Wigglytuff Guild about Duskinor and it ended badly also Ri the Mouse Pokemon didn't existence in that timeline so in that timeline Ri was Grovely partner. This is just a guess from what I read so far.
The Crystal Brick chapter 48 . 9/25/2018
Man, Ri has a lot of willpower
BlazeTheOmega chapter 49 . 8/9/2018
Well, with these new interests and ideas perhaps a good option would be to review older chapters and clean them up to make the pieces fit better for future chapters. Another option is to start again with a different story with these new ideas and interests in mind. Whatever choice you decide to take we will support you.
Guest chapter 49 . 8/8/2018
I really love this story keep on writing on it, but if you have to you can start the chapter over and rewrite it
Guest chapter 49 . 8/8/2018
Do whatever feels best to you
FlameUser64 chapter 48 . 10/8/2017
Ri… is an idiot. Even with her pulling out her strongest techniques, some of which are outright self-destructive in nature, her opponent is still toying with her. Instead of stacking even more self-harming super modes, she really ought to just give up. There's not a lot to be done when the opponent's stats are just that much higher than yours. When the opponent has like 100 times your Speed stat and a Defence roughly equal to 10 times your Attack, you've bitten off more than you can chew.

That said, Rizara is pretty BS. She says stuff along the lines of "I guess it's time for me to get serious" like 3 times, and each time she pulls out even more power than before.

Then again… She wasn't going that easy, was she? Each time she speeds up even faster, those are Agility uses, aren't they? Which means she's used Agility three times. She's maxed out. If Ri can challenge Rizara with 3 Agility boosts on her, she has a chance.

All of that said, this fight has literally no stakes, which means messing with the timestream, tearing herself apart with aura overflow, and relying on a forbidden art that turns her into a bloodthirsty murderous psycho are all entirely unnecessary. But by far the worst of those is messing with the timestream, since that hurts not just herself but potentially entire timelines. It's one thing to basically go all 8 gates plus kiaoken in a mere sparring match, since you're hurting only yourself. It's another to mix that with relying on your superpowered evil side and spacetime-warping techniques, since at that point you're putting others at risk too.

Also, I strongly suspect that the more frequently you use Demon's Embrace, the stronger its hold on you gets, not the other way around as Ri thinks. Ri's been using Demon's Embrace so often that, this time, it kicked her into her mindscape and took over completely!
And… the last time Ri used Demon's Embrace, she didn't know what her timestream manipulation was capable of, did she? Now that she knows more about it, Demon's Embrace!Ri could use timestream manipulation to do all kinds of wicked things.

What horrible things will Demon's Embrace!Ri get up to while she's in control? Will Ri make her way out of her mindscape and regain control of her body? Are Team Work truly dead? Will Ri finally learn that Evil Is Not a Toy? Find out next time on Dragon Ball Z!

I'm personally betting that, if Team Work turn out to still be alive, Celsius's telepathic connection with Ri will turn out to be instrumental in allowing Ri to regain control of her body.

…To be honest, even if Ri does somehow survive this mess, she needs to see a psychologist. This "I'm gonna fight everyone and use all of my available power even on battles with no stakes" thing is a problem.
alicia.brock.129 chapter 47 . 10/3/2017
My, my, the love triangle continues.~ Nice fan service a shame that Ri forgot all about it though. *sighs* so we going to meet the rest of... Okay what's Riley team name I forgot. ':)
alicia.brock.129 chapter 46 . 10/3/2017
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa time out! If Gadivor (sorry these Pokemon names are hard to spell.) looking into J's memories wouldn't she own the J and Colbat aren't lying and trying to save the world. *sigh* J's little I want fight everyone is going get them both killed one of these days.
FlameUser64 chapter 47 . 5/29/2017
Okay Mega Lopunny don't actually have very good defences. They're better than a Lucario's though. The impression I'm getting here is like, level 30 Lucario vs. level 90 Mega Lopunny.

To be honest, you've now established Rizara as being so absurdly powerful that the mere concept of Ri winning comes across as complete and utter bullcrap. The only way out of this Ri has is for Anne to wake up and call off the fight. That, or for Darkrai to show up in person for a Deus Ex Machina moment.

Any other form of reinforcements wouldn't matter. Guildmaster Wigglytuff could show up and he'd be unable to do anything to Rizara, that's how absurdly powerful she's been shown to be. Team Work, if it turns out they somehow survived the encounter with Darkrai, could show up and they'd be finished in one hit each before they had a chance to do anything. Rizara is so tough and so fast that no amount of tactical superiority would make a difference. She is so durable that Siavon could hit her in the throat with Guillotine and it would not do a thing.

You have, in fact, established her to be effectively invincible. The sheer difference in power between Ri and Rizara is enough that even Aura Burst should not be able to make a difference. Rizara is, honestly, the second most powerful character we've seen in the 'fic so far. First place is Darkrai.
kountrygirlprincess chapter 46 . 4/30/2017
Please continue it!
guest chapter 46 . 4/19/2017
nice to get an update after so long, I hope the next one doesn't take so long
AveragePichu chapter 46 . 4/6/2017
Personally, I'm more interested with you keeping up with everything you need to in life than keeping up with writing. It was a good run and I enjoyed reading everything. but unless you're writing for fun, I would say it's not worth finding the time. Now, I don't think anyone wants to be left with a cliffhanger, so I'm requesting you at least finish the team Charm battle, but life it more important.

As for actually somewhat reviewing the chapter, I'm saying the protagonists' positions don't seem too bad. Anne most likely will find something that proves innocence, and the decision to check Ri's mind is highly plot convenient, to the point that I'd say it was a necessary development.
Ardtornismyname chapter 46 . 4/5/2017
When are we going to find out about Riley and gang?