Reviews for Starburst
MidnightWhisper7 chapter 1 . 8/27/2006
Wow, this was really interesting. Quistis is one of my favorite characters, and I really like how you write her - the sadness and hopelessness she feels now that her license is revoked. The twist on the original story is also interesting. I'm not much of a fan of yuri, but you had me actually liking Rinoa in this story, and I usually find her almost unbearable. But it works. You certainly have a way with words.
Magentian chapter 1 . 5/3/2005
"Girls felt bumpy, she realized stupidly as the star-girl brushed up against her body, they weren't straight and blank like men and why couldn't she breathe?"

That line made me wish I was a lesbian. lol

Anyhow... very good. You added depth and -interest- to what I usually find to be an insufferably boring and fluffy scene. The characterization was true as ever as well. Nice.
MadHattess chapter 1 . 1/28/2005
This isn't the first time I've read this, but apparently it is the first time I reviewed.

I love what you've done with Quistis here. I played the beginning of FF8 recently and I was hearing some of th inner dialogue you gave her in my head during this part and I was definitely wishing Rinoa had asked her to dance instead of Squall!

Beautifully done.
Deathly Noted chapter 1 . 11/11/2004
Interesting twist on the original scene... oh, how I love Rinoa/Quistis! Also, your writing style is gorgeous. :D
IndigoHyacinth chapter 1 . 9/5/2004
That was beautiful and so sweet and I loved the depth that you added to Quistis' character that I'm not quite sure I ever saw in the game. That was a surprise though, Rinoa coming out to dance with Quistis instead of the canon Squall-but you pulled off the scene/pairing very well.

"All SeeDs dance," she answered automatically, and wanted to bite her tongue; she should have claimed they all had two left feet and that dancing was against her religion.

- I love the humor you put into your stories, even the ones that mostly seem to deal with death and dying and that sort of thing (presently also reading your lovely Eiko fic... ) Keep up the great work!
Me chapter 1 . 8/3/2003
Bwahahaha! Gahahahahha!

There was so much gay in this house! AHAHAHAHAH!
yuriwriter chapter 1 . 7/25/2003
WRITE MORE PLEASE! IS GOOD! YAY QUISTIS!
Digger McFoogle chapter 1 . 5/11/2003
WOW

xx

Deathy
GrapeLeaf chapter 1 . 2/24/2003
O_O Wow! Now this was interesting FFVI fic! I love it when a fic writer takes a scene from the game that we all know so well and works it into a fic. Very different sort of twist you've got going on here, and I really enjoy your portrayal of Quistis.
klepto-maniac0 chapter 1 . 1/27/2003
Interesting-veeery interesting. I like the way you portrayed how bitter Quistis is about her demotion. Good job.
Shino Kouen chapter 1 . 11/13/2002
This was certainly interesting, I would have never thought such a scene. I liked it. You describe things well. Keep up the good work.
Dark Phoenix chapter 1 . 11/12/2002
Out of all the FF8 characters, I like Quistis most, and always found her fate effing unfair. I mean, whatever had she done to deserve all the shit that happened to her? Your fic is sensitive to her character and plight, and gives her inner strength more credit than most fics do. Kudos.

Is this a one shot or will there be a continuation?
Akazukin Elle chapter 1 . 11/12/2002
...

It is so bloody unfair that you can always manage to make me almost-cry with your fanfic.

Wonderful job, love, painful and real and how on earth do you write Quistis so well? Your prose is so precise and merciless and fabulous, and if I hadn't shipped Q/R before, which I actually did in the back of my mind, I do now.

Once again, a beautiful story. You rock.

(It is -so- early in the morning as I'm writing this. Forgive me.)