Reviews for A Dark Dawn
giblo126 chapter 1 . 1/31
Your first contact is both terribly written and out of character for everyone. Just feeds into more terrible Council stereotypes.
Draghknar chapter 1 . 12/23/2022
I know, I know.
Almost a full decade after it was published.
But, i just got this link today from a page i follow.
I am glad i did.
This story is amazing. I have no idea if you even check your page anymore, but, Thank you.
This stoy IS amazing.
And i appreciate it more than you know.
Well done.
Well written.
ImaginaryStranger chapter 36 . 10/28/2022
Realistically, going into temporary isolation (like the old man wanted) and building up strength to destroy the council and subjugate its member states would be the only logical approach.

Open war was mostly impossible due to humanity still recovering, while peace was completely absurd. People would never allow it.

Personally, I am extremely disappointed with the plot of your story, but everything else, like world building and writing itself is great. As a result, you have great ideas, but the story itself has nothing besides the begining. No climax, no resolution.

In the end, you have "peace" which looks like if Germany only paid some small amount of cash after the WW2 and that's it. It's just a setup for yet another war, even bloodier than the last one.

P.S. Millions of human soldiers only killed tens of thousands of aliens? In Mass Effect universe there's no such advanced technology that the ratio would be 1:1000, this is just insulting and disappointing.
Zandaino-Nova-Ari chapter 1 . 8/17/2022
This makes me wonder how often this has happened. Members of the Council Races find a beautiful garden world teaming with life and a sentient species whom they decide they need to uplift to help inflate their own ego.

When said species says ‘leave us alone, we want to do things our own way’ the Council decides that they don’t know what they’re doing and it devolves to war because the Council refuses to take no for an answer.

Then the resulting incident is pushed under paperwork and forgotten about.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/8/2022
The humans sound like a bunch of assholes
Pimity chapter 27 . 2/5/2022
this fic is trash, the author seems like a prick too. gets a few hits and immediately posts a site for donations, what a fucking narcissistic sleazebag. If youre reading this, imperium, go get fucked.
Pimity chapter 25 . 2/5/2022
too much of a pussy to let tali die huh?
Pimity chapter 17 . 2/4/2022
ronald trump? seriously? have some pride in your work, dude
Pimity chapter 12 . 2/4/2022
why the fuck would there be any pro alien groups within the humans?
valkrus chapter 3 . 1/24/2022
Good start but when write dialogue you use quotation tags not apostrophe
qqsq chapter 36 . 1/17/2022
This... Is a masterpiece of a book. This story written here shows what fan fiction can be. It has set a bar that most stories(like book store stories) cannot even get close to. The story bring out so much emotion and makes you feel for the characters introduced. This story beautifully shows the motive for the human race and achieves in such a way that you, the reader, feel anger to those who wronged them. The characters are so well written, there was no time in the story where I felt a character bad no purpose towards the development towards the story. I have to talk more about the part of the story explaining the source oh human anger in this story. You created such a depressing setting that makes me feel sick, it was so incredible, you showed the horrible conditions that humans lived in. Even famous works of today cannot achieve what this work of art has. This should be an example of how a book should be written. Everything in it is perfect, it has woven pain in such a way that I truly felt the emotional pain of humans, even the atrocities human kind commits feels justified after you show their pain. I am being truly honest, this is the best story I have written. I have read so many and none put as much emotion into a story than this one. Amazing job! To the person who wrote this, I hope you follow your dream into writing because this story here is a true work of art.
Invictus602 chapter 36 . 1/5/2022
I don’t know if they are a reference but I love the whole Wolf Brigade theme going on with the armor
Guest chapter 36 . 1/2/2022
It's such a great story but - and I believe that I've read this at some point in the past so I may have said it before - the ending just sucks. We have an introduction arc, a prologue, then we get into the meat of the invasion and for 20 chapters it's bloody battle. Another 10 is intrigue and survival. And then we have 2 chapters to wrap up and 2 chapters of epilogue, it's such a rushed, sudden ending, it's obvious the author got tired of writing it and wanted it over with. Despite that, it's still a great story and very much worth a read, just be prepared to have whiplash from how quickly the ending is forced.
Guest chapter 19 . 1/1/2022
I'm getting some serious Halo vibes from this. Humanity up against a more numerous coalition of aliens in a fight for survival (basically), an elite team of super soldiers isolated even from other special forces, and now advanced infiltration AIs? I love it
FC gone wrong chapter 1 . 10/24/2021
First chapter is pretty much a textbook example of 'How Not To Initiate First Contact'. Council diplomats arrived at Earth adamant in granting membership to a just-met species that is VERY suspicious of you and knows nothing about Citadel. After being stonewalled at Earth, someone had a BRILLIANT idea to force the issue w/intimidation (dispatched first contact fleet - flex move, but a stupid one, now the new party will have ALL the ammo to question your 'peace-loving ways'). Second attempt at diplomacy was going relatively well until the Turian equilavent of 'waving your d!ck around' in form of that fleet hasn't arrived. Talks obviously broke down after that, and culminated in an extremist terror attack and nuclear assault on Council fleets... leading to orbital bombardment and subsequent asteroid drop on a garden world. (Something for which the Krogan were sterilized, among other things - it's ok if Council does it. K.). Every choice the Council had as a response, they chose objectively the worst ones. Makes me wonder how the hell Citadel Council still exists in this fic, if that's their standard response to FC with new species.
1,037 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »