Reviews for Following the Phoenix
7137 chapter 7 . 6/25
Liking the story, and I understand why Harry put off going to Azkaban in the original HPMOR, but honestly, I really expected him to go with the phoenix here, and not just because of the title: his best friend is being held there, and this would eliminate the problem of the Dementors (even their countermeasures couldn't completely do that); he also, in the last chapter, felt guilty for not even thinking of helping the other prisoners by killing the Dementors, making me think he might act differently here.

Against that, I really don't see his fear of dying (because let's face it, that played a larger role than he'd like to think) and possibly wise reluctance to do it when he could save others standing up when he already kinda-sorta-really wants to go and has already thought multiple times (at least in the original HPMOR) thought that putting off an important decision doesn't make it go away.

It would have been a huge plot divergence, but in a good way, in that it would make this story stand almost completely on its own.
yitiantulong chapter 2 . 5/29
I like this resolution to the Taboo Tradeoff's section from HPMOR as well as the original- thanks for sharing! :)
RadicalTurnip chapter 37 . 5/16
Great story, thank you! The ending was very powerful.
The Fabricator chapter 20 . 5/13
I know this is complete, but just wanted to run an idea by you regarding the ineffectiveness of the normal patronus post secret. Was just thinking that the PC is a multi purpose charm, capable of also providing light and comfort, sending messages, and of driving off lethifolds. As such, why is it that the charm completely dies in all casting conditions instead of just when actually facing down a dementor?
(apologies for the repost, I apparently wasn't logged in)
Aislynn Crowdaughter chapter 36 . 2/27
Great story! Thank you for writing and sharing!
Aislynn Crowdaughter chapter 17 . 2/27
This fic is *awesome*! I liked Quirrels intervention, here. :)
jchayden79 chapter 37 . 1/18
I really enjoyed this! Exciting action and also very poignant - thank you!
ardvarkeating101 chapter 37 . 12/3/2016
Yay! I can't believe I never saw this epilogue!
stalinwasgreat chapter 18 . 11/27/2016
I don't know of any single work of fiction which has elicited so strong an emotional reaction. My praise to the authors of Following the Phoenix.
CosmicKobal chapter 37 . 11/19/2016
I've been reading fanfic for 15 years now, and I have to say that while i've enjoyed so so many stories to this point; I have never had one leave me wanting more in quite this way. Harry's future is so close to what I dream of that it's painful to read about. Bravo
lazy-kaa chapter 37 . 11/9/2016
The spin off the story is really good itself. Just well done work.
janefanatic chapter 37 . 9/16/2016
Thank you so much for this story! I loved it!
janefanatic chapter 30 . 9/15/2016
And I thought last chapter was a cliffhanger!
janefanatic chapter 29 . 9/15/2016
Holy crap! Wow. I did not see that coming. Thanks for sharing!