Reviews for Following the Phoenix
Brickman chapter 37 . 2/8
This was a very good story all the way through. In some ways I actually liked it better than the end of the original. Riddle's actions (both before and after the split) seem more in line with his goals, and his goals don't rely on facts hidden from the reader or dramatically change multiple times. And the ending has him defeated by the sum of everyone's efforts, and by being forced to overextend, rather than grabbing an idiot ball.
Gaius Verres chapter 27 . 1/30
Hey, this is more a response to this chapter's author's note than a review. I think you'll find that many governments, sane and insane have done this. In the modern world it may seem a little odd but historically communication was slow and often not particularly secure.

Imagine if peace agreements in say the Napoleonic era required government assent for any change to the terms a diplomat originally went to negotiate. Every minor quibble could take a month to be seen by the government and a month for an answer to return.

The concept of having a negotiator with the power to make concessions and demands was so common it has it's own word, plenipotentiary, which literally means a diplomat/envoy who has the ability to make these decisions. Disagreements over whether a diplomat overstepped their powers have also led too some crucial conflicts (a number of Roman wars used this as their Casus Belli, or 'case for war').
7137 chapter 7 . 6/25/2017
Liking the story, and I understand why Harry put off going to Azkaban in the original HPMOR, but honestly, I really expected him to go with the phoenix here, and not just because of the title: his best friend is being held there, and this would eliminate the problem of the Dementors (even their countermeasures couldn't completely do that); he also, in the last chapter, felt guilty for not even thinking of helping the other prisoners by killing the Dementors, making me think he might act differently here.

Against that, I really don't see his fear of dying (because let's face it, that played a larger role than he'd like to think) and possibly wise reluctance to do it when he could save others standing up when he already kinda-sorta-really wants to go and has already thought multiple times (at least in the original HPMOR) thought that putting off an important decision doesn't make it go away.

It would have been a huge plot divergence, but in a good way, in that it would make this story stand almost completely on its own.
yitiantulong chapter 2 . 5/29/2017
I like this resolution to the Taboo Tradeoff's section from HPMOR as well as the original- thanks for sharing! :)
RadicalTurnip chapter 37 . 5/16/2017
Great story, thank you! The ending was very powerful.
Lord Crane chapter 20 . 5/13/2017
I know this is complete, but just wanted to run an idea by you regarding the ineffectiveness of the normal patronus post secret. Was just thinking that the PC is a multi purpose charm, capable of also providing light and comfort, sending messages, and of driving off lethifolds. As such, why is it that the charm completely dies in all casting conditions instead of just when actually facing down a dementor?
(apologies for the repost, I apparently wasn't logged in)
Guest chapter 20 . 5/13/2017
Aislynn Crowdaughter chapter 36 . 2/27/2017
Great story! Thank you for writing and sharing!
Aislynn Crowdaughter chapter 17 . 2/27/2017
This fic is *awesome*! I liked Quirrels intervention, here. :)
jchayden79 chapter 37 . 1/18/2017
I really enjoyed this! Exciting action and also very poignant - thank you!
ardvarkeating101 chapter 37 . 12/3/2016
Yay! I can't believe I never saw this epilogue!
stalinwasgreat chapter 18 . 11/27/2016
I don't know of any single work of fiction which has elicited so strong an emotional reaction. My praise to the authors of Following the Phoenix.
R.N.Ellington chapter 37 . 11/19/2016
I've been reading fanfic for 15 years now, and I have to say that while i've enjoyed so so many stories to this point; I have never had one leave me wanting more in quite this way. Harry's future is so close to what I dream of that it's painful to read about. Bravo
lazy-kaa chapter 37 . 11/9/2016
The spin off the story is really good itself. Just well done work.
janefanatic chapter 37 . 9/16/2016
Thank you so much for this story! I loved it!