Reviews for Following the Phoenix
corwyn chapter 36 . 3/24/2015
this was a lovely story. thank you for sharing it!
Ang chapter 36 . 3/17/2015
Wow.
I read HPMOR with delight, and immediately the story ended, went looking for more. This story did not disappoint.
I really, really, really enjoyed this. Really. Couldn't put it down.
I'm sad it's ended.
Ignotus being still alive was clever (I'd been wracking my brain for a demented orphan body that Cadmus could have been resurrected into, for a few minutes before that) I'm glad there wasn't just a Sleeping Beauty awakening, too. But I'd be very keen to know what happened next!
NicknamedBob chapter 36 . 3/14/2015
Not a full review, as I have just finished reading and have much to think about.

But one stark observation, if you will. When the moronic Minister of Magic was annoying the Muggle government representatives, Dumbledore had a moment of mental regret; his own investment of a thousand galleons in curative potions had been turned into an insult.

I did a little mental math. Although representing a personal fortune, a thousand galleons to help five thousand children works out to somewhere between five and twenty dollars cost per patient.

In other words, duh. Let the Muggles pay for the medical treatment, or at least reimburse Dumbledore.

Someone should think of that, anyway. - Bob
He-Who-Has-Read chapter 36 . 3/12/2015
Great work. Can't wait for the Epilogue!
topin89 chapter 36 . 3/8/2015
There is so much light in you work! Thank you!
ott chapter 36 . 3/7/2015
Thanks for an entertaining ride! Much of what you have written resonates more truly than the singularitarian tone that canon seems to have been forced into, here in the pause after chapter 116. An Atlantean backup substrate for souls, a neat exploration of the Peverell history, some convincing characterisation of supporting characters like H and Padma, what's not to like. A fabulous fable.
Yitian chapter 27 . 3/6/2015
Interesting- so Quirrell 'wins'.

It's a good point about muggles destroying the planet. Presumably an all-out nuclear war would catch wizards unprepared and even if they do save themselves it's unclear if they can save the rest of the planet so it'll be a tough sort of existence afterward.

You could _almost_ sympathize with this particular flavor of villainry (i.e., killing some muggles to ensure muggles don't get the planet destroyed.)
Transfiguration chapter 26 . 3/5/2015
Fly up to the nuclear warhead, transfigure it into a kitten.
ardvarkeating101 chapter 36 . 3/4/2015
Hot *damn*!
taogaming chapter 10 . 3/4/2015
Great story
linkhyrule5 chapter 36 . 3/4/2015
Aw, not going to take it all the way home? :P

(Dath bey yewoonen...)
Guest chapter 7 . 3/2/2015
makes less sense here than the other story, he taught it to hermoinie already(and absurdly quickly at that), if it'd have only probably killed him alone he'd have a better chance with her, dumbledore had already gone questing with him once and could reasonably be expected to be persuaded to again if the alternative was harry's certain death, ect.
RedzoneJoe chapter 36 . 2/26/2015
Good story, and several of your predictions were correct. Apparently bringing back the dead isn't nearly so hard though, the True Patronus is enough.
LauralHill chapter 12 . 2/26/2015
Yes, Muggles are worthless. Except when they're rich!

Really enjoying it.
LauralHill chapter 11 . 2/26/2015
This nerd loves your Rational!Fidelius.
418 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »