Reviews for Following the Phoenix
Random number generator chapter 9 . 9/19/2014
About posting - it was work of two people - itisike listed it among other recursive fanfiction, than I posted it as separate thread.

I really hope that Hermione's and Harry's parents are not completely forgotten.
Smile.Light chapter 1 . 9/18/2014
I like how this is pretty much fanfiction of a fanfiction story
kuilin chapter 1 . 9/18/2014
Error?

Severus Snape was standing next to the dead Floo and its ashes, hovering ominously like the vampire that students sometimes accused him of pretending to be.

Then, a bit afterwards, Moody comes in via Floo. The fireplace isn't mentioned at all between them.

(Sorry if this isn't the right way to report this, this is the first time I'm writing a review)
RMcD chapter 7 . 9/18/2014
"From that vantage point the idea of killing off two-thirds of the Wizengamot seemed a lot less appealing than it had half a day earlier."

Weird, because it's most definitely the other direction, your descendants are going to give a toss about 70 or 100 or even a billion deaths. Compared to what has gone before it is extraordinarily immaterial. While they might remember the deaths the difference between "Oh 200 billion humans have been and died since humanity began before immortality and 200.2 billion just not major.
Guest chapter 8 . 9/18/2014
Can't wait for the next update. I can tell this anxiousness of waiting for the next update will be a common feeling for as many weeks as it takes to reach the conclusion.
laughingmad chapter 8 . 9/17/2014
I remember that in HPMOR, the True Patronus made all the other Patroni in Azkaban look in its direction when cast, alerting the guards to the caster's presented; why does it seem to lack this effect here?
adamjb chapter 2 . 9/16/2014
I have just realized that, in a way, McGonagall is Dumbledore's Hermione-don't know why I didn't realize that until now.

I enjoyed Harry and Dumbledore's conversation here-it definitely felt in keeping with their characters. It is hard to measure the value of a Human life, but in certain circumstances it must be done, no matter how brutal. There was a 9/11 fund that gave an average of $2 million to survivors, but I believe that is unusually high; I believe that the US army values lives much less highly.

I am having a hard time differentiating your writing from Elizer's most of the time, and that is a huge accomplishment! It's also making me realize how long it's been since I actually read most of HPMOR. Keep up the great work!
adamjb chapter 1 . 9/16/2014
This was a very good jumping off point. Your writing is very solid, and I like the direction that you've chosen for this story. Refusing Harry his money definitely seems like something that Dumbledore would at least *consider* doing.

My only complaint is Harry mentioning his plan to kill the members of the Wizengamot-It seems irrational. I see no benefit in him tipping his hand like that, and lots of downsides.
Random number generator chapter 8 . 9/15/2014
This is the absolute record in ratio

quality*published_content/(reviewsfavoritesfollows)

Posted on HPMOR subreddit, found in comment on HPMOR subreddit.
Random number generator chapter 7 . 9/15/2014
It is really nice to see Voldemort mistaken.
Random number generator chapter 6 . 9/15/2014
Hm, I also missed the same as Harry.

Memorception - memory charm used to modify memory that was memory charmed, to mark it as memory charmed.

Also, there is price for this memory charm mess - she may now start wondering what else was modified. Maybe also this bit about cut is also untrue? Maybe her parents died horribly and it was also modified.

And - what about her parents?
Random number generator chapter 1 . 9/15/2014
Wow. This was really well written.
MaeSilverpaws1 chapter 7 . 9/12/2014
Hmmm this was a very odd chapter for me to read today... with Harry being in such a deep musing mood and me being in almost the same mood I can see alot of deep thinking and day dreaming in my near future this afternoon...
Mae