Reviews for A Future Disowned
GoldenCardinal chapter 13 . 8/14
Really good story, by far the best I’ve seen for the future past dlc! Loved reading it.
348joey chapter 12 . 3/30
"I already called dibs on publishing rights to my genius. You have to pay me royalties if you want to quote me."
I don't think "dibs" counts as a legally binding agreement, no matter what Morgan's lawyer says.
348joey chapter 10 . 3/30
"Yawn, bored now,"
I think this chapter has some of my favorite lines so far.

At this rate the next thing you'll be telling me is that 'since I'm not going to survive this you might as well tell me your entire plan' or something. That is, if your plans weren't just shouting 'grrr, I'm Grima. I'm scary. I break things. Fear me'."
Sounds about right. I'd also like to give Robin a medal for his snarky attitude towards the big bad.

At [any rate], it was amazing how already killing someone made them a whole lot less scary.
Funny how that is.

"Be dead? Yeah, I was. Got bored, decided to come back," (sic)
Okay, okay, this chapter has most of my favorite lines from the entire story. Are you happy? Geez…

"Well, I got him warmed up for you. He's all yours."
Literally… What? He didn't make that joke? Wasted opportunity.
348joey chapter 8 . 3/30
"[Quit] bringing up things to make it worse,"
But making things more confusing is part of his charm! D:

"there is a bright side though. The me in this world happened to marry a version of your daughter too, so now's your chance to let off some of the aggression on that. I don't think you'll get another chance."
Don't tempt him, Robin.

"If I have to find you in that damn field one more time, I'm leaving you there."
While it is a pretty good place for a nap, it's probably best they not leave him there.
"Robin, you were willing to let me kill you when you found out the other you killed my father in my own timeline!"
So, while Robin was emotionally unstable, filled with guilt about what his counterpart did in Lucina's world, and potentially suicidal after learning that he may bring doom to the world and destroy all that he holds dear, the woman he loves comes up to him and says she wants to kill him. How did you expect him to respond?!

"Look, normally I'm not one to get angry. I like to consider myself among the more level headed members of the walking social disaster that is the Shepherds."
Yeah, but it's OUR walking social disaster.

Gah, now look what you've done, Robin! You got your cousin worked up about his sword hand again! Now he'll never shut up!

'Ah, see, that's the Morgan that I know and love who occasionally tolerates me,'
Ah, "I occasionally tolerate you", the highest form of affection.

"Why must the two of you act like such children?"
"I figured it was part of our charm,"
"Besides, I still am a kid. And he started it!"
I love those two.
"Oww! Why are you hitting me. It was alter-Owain who cut the bridge!" (sic)
"Because he's too far away for me to hit,"
It's like lightning trying to find the fastest way to the ground. You're just conductive to violence, Owain.

"Severa, please hit your boyfriend [again for me]."
Everyone has their useful talents. Severa's is hurting those that need to shut up.

"Fight, fight, fight, fight, fight, Morgan began to chant in her head, grinning from ear to ear."
Standing next to Morgan, Robin is also shaking his fists in front of himself while chanting, "Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!"
"Dad? Why are you encouraging this fight?"
"With any luck, they'll destroy each other and I won't have to."

I would've just had the flyers swoop in to where native Inigo and Owain were and fly them to safety. They could even fly through the ridges for cover if needed.
"It may seem like it, but behind this airheaded exterior is the brain of a master tactician! … It just sleeps in sometimes," (sic)
Brain keeps hitting the snooze button.

"She must have done a really good job too, since she only had to repeat it three or four times before they seemed to understand what she meant."
Improvement!
"No, Morgan, you are not going to have two versions of your boyfriend!"
Even if she wasn't my player character's kid, I'd still adore Morgan's personality.

"Like Risen, just to throw a silly, purely hypothetical example out there."
Darn it, Lucina! We don't have time for one of your crack-pot theories!

"Oh, never mind. That's definitely me,"
Morgan and her aunt are so alike…

"So, did I ever tell you how scary your mother is when she's angry?"
Every man finds his mother-in-law scary.

"'Morgan, this is urgent, can we skip the jokes for once?'
His daughter coughed loudly, failing to mask something that sounded a lot like 'pot' followed by 'kettle.'" (sic)
Now you know how Chrom feels, Robin.

"Yes Laurent, we get it, big risk, could all die, blah blah blah. Point is it should work!" (sic)
Boundless energy
348joey chapter 4 . 3/29
"Owain shouted, clearly having been having a completely different conversation in his mind than the rest of them."
He lives in his own little world.

I like Morgan's carefree personality, though I might be a bit bias about that.
LordAzrael1 chapter 13 . 5/14/2017
Wow, good fic! I really liked how you kept most of the characters, well in character, especially Morgan and Marc.
MrIronGolem27 chapter 13 . 5/2/2017
Wait, but weren't they physically two different Morgans? ...unless Morgan somehow was traveling with the Shepherds, then mysteriously warped away and fought Robin in Pt. 2?
MrIronGolem27 chapter 13 . 5/2/2017
...so did the other Morgan (the one Robin encountered on Pt. 2 of that one DLC) die?
Hashirama 1710 chapter 13 . 9/20/2016
you made me cry
Omegaxis1 chapter 13 . 9/12/2016
So rather than an aftermath of the alternate world without Grima, we instead get an aftermath about the heroes that returned to their world.

So it was Falchion, but it was just transformed. No wonder I had doubts. Hmm... could that weapon be the weapon that I was saying a while back? You know, how it was related to a certain weapon in Fates? Nah. XD
But I see that Morgan cannot wield Falchion, but Marc can. Guess that's why he was better with swords than Morgan.

Sweet moment between siblings. Yay!

Seriously, Robin is always too hard on himself. I guess it comes with being a tactician. When you have to carry the lives of many people and guide them to victory, defeat and loss can really hit the tactician hard. But Lucina will always help Robin get back in shape.

Hold on! I know that I already predicted that Lucina was pregnant (and wow, we got ourselves a couple of rabbits here X3), but didn't she get electrocuted by Grima? Pretty sure that would have been harmful to the growing fetus. Unless she didn't get electrocuted and the twins were just really tough in their mother's womb. Either way, I feel like Chrom might start chasing Robin around the castle with Falchion when he finds out. XD

This was a great story. Mistakes and errors were here and there. Overall though, loved it.
Omegaxis1 chapter 12 . 9/12/2016
Wow, you pretty much answered my questions from last review here in this chapter. Nice. Good to know. I won't be posting that long of a review here, probably.

I do think that Marc remembering everything he did would make it harder on him than Morgan. Morgan not remembering anything keeps herself from losing it. I think in a sense, this could mean that Marc has a stronger mental stability than Morgan does. But he still needs to go through a healing procedure to recover from the trauma.
Nice, so Morgan is trying to hook Inigo-B with Lucina. Would be nice and sweet, but Exalt Lucina here probably isn't ready to start dating yet. Or marriage for that matter.

LOL XD They get back, only to realize that it was only a few minutes. Time travel indeed. Will always be confusing and make you question reality.
Chrom probably wants to punch Robin a little bit more. But then again, unlike Sumia, he isn't as excited of being a grandpa already.
Ah, there it is. The thing where you say that Naga of Chrom's own world brought them over to Future Past just to create the paradoxical time shift.

... Okay, that last part got me right in the feels. ;-;
Finally, after the battle ended, Robin's spirit can finally reunite with his friends and his love.
Though if it was Tiki he hooked up with, then too bad. Tiki won't be there, since her spirit is now tied to the world.