Reviews for Smooth Sailing (With A Chance Of Definite Passion)
Mie779 chapter 12 . 3/27
This was such a great story... I loved how you diverged from canon and made their love story so great... loved the plot development with Maleficent... great idea for that. and I absolutely LOVE Emma and Hook together, and the way you write these two are just spectacular...love all your captainswan fics... great work and I'm so happy to see that you still write fics with this couple. They are by far my favorite ship in the ouat universe.
Mie779 chapter 1 . 3/26
I've read quite a few of your other stories and love every one of them
.. now I found your first ouat fic... so far it's really good can't wait to see where you bring this story line...
Guest chapter 1 . 10/27/2016
you should probably mark this as complete btw
FlemilyHarper chapter 12 . 8/18/2016
I'm late to the party, but I just want to say thank you for helping me survive the hiatus. I grinned my way through this whole story. Definitely one I'll be revisiting. You draw our sexy pirate so well. I could see every smirk and head scratch. Le sigh. It's been a pleasure I hate to see end. Good form!
TutorGirlml chapter 12 . 8/4/2016
This was a GREAT conclusion to a thoroughly enjoyable story! I have loved reading this from start to finish! With this one, I really liked that Emma and Henry did get their own place, and that Henry was so set on it being one that Killian would like too, and wanting to include him in looking at it. I was glad to see them actually settling in there and for Killian to be a part of that. (I really hope we get some of this happy family domesticity in season six! ;)

The perfect view in the master bedroom of the ocean and horizon was perfect for a home for them! I loved how Emma made it clear she intened to share it with Killian. I love picturing the three of them there and happy together. Also, loved imaging Killian with a baby of his own with Emma, having love and a family at last when he's been without that and wanting it for so long. This parting scene is so beautiful and healing for both of them. Thank you so much for sharing this story!
TutorGirlml chapter 10 . 8/4/2016
I'm am so sorry it has taken me so long to get all caught up on this and finish reviewing the last few chapters. I have LOVED this story so much though, all the way through! I like how you worked out such good suspense and drama in the last few chapters with Maleficent taking David and Killian and letting us discover what she was really wanting/needing. Also, I was glad in the end that it was about her child, that moment of understanding between she and Killian, and that Maleficent kept her word and sent them back unharmed. She certainly wasn't someone you would want to mess with, but she wasn't truly evil either.

There are lots of neat family bonding moments in the concluding chapter too: Robin, Regina and Roland, being at the family dinner, Snow making sure Hook knows he's wanted there, the fun banter, etc. I wish the show allowed for more of these moments that your writing helps me picture and then want so badly to be canon. I loved this: "He just grinned, turned around, and strutted away. After admiring his pirate swagger for a few moments, Emma smiled to herself and murmured, 'Like mother, like daughter'."
Guest chapter 12 . 7/17/2016
Absolutely loved what you did with these two. I laughed. I cried. Great use of multi POV, you wrote it perfectly.
TutorGirlml chapter 9 . 6/28/2016
The ideas that Snow would be trusting Killian to have David's back, and in turn that David trusts Killian to take care of his family if something happens to him, were both really powerful and affecting to me. It hit me much as it hit Killian - really lovely job!

Also, it was so neat that you had David and Killian revisit their fireside talk from the past here. I liked Charming learning about Killian's ship - that he had given it up in order to get back to Emma - and his admitting that Emma couldn't have found a better man, even if it hadn't seemed that way at first.

I also liked you having Robin and his men join in to help them search the woods for Maleficent; it's always nice to see Robin being given more to do in fics.

So glad Emma actually told Killian out loud that she loves him before he leaves here. It obviously means a lot to him, even if he already knew it was different to hear her say it.
TutorGirlml chapter 8 . 6/28/2016
Interesting twist that Maleficent is no longer trapped under the library becasue Regina used dark magic to imprison her there and Regina has been practicing light magic instead. I think that's very intriguing and I'm curious to see if her reappearance has to do with her child - as it did in the show at this point - or something else...

I really adored Emma getting sassy with Regina and how she tossed that "We're all grown-ups. I'm sure you and Robin haven't been crocheting either," shot at the Queen when she tried to give Emma and Killian a hard time.

The run-into with David is perfectly in character for all of them: Dave's 'Why do I have the feeling I won't like this?" and Hook's "You're quite perceptive, mate." made me chuckle and I could envision it perfectly.

I like how you highlight the realization David and Emma come to that they had both very similarly faced Maleficent. We knew that on the show, but they have never discussed it with each other or made the connection that we've seen. Of course, we also see that Gold was using them both, and Killian's there to add that it seems about right for his old nemesis. I like that neither or them get worked up about the reminder of Killian's past and he is just part of their heroic fighting crew now.

Killian and David both stepping in front of Emma when Maleficent reappeared was a perfect, small, protective detail, and I loved how they kept being in agreement. (They make quite the team, too!;)

I really felt the intensity of Emma and Killian's connection in this chapter's final love scene. The needing to tie their bond as tightly as possible before they faced danger once more was very fitting and got me right in the heart - as did his calling her "my treasure"!
TutorGirlml chapter 7 . 6/28/2016
Emma waking up first and watching Killian sleep was such a sweet, peaceful way to start this chapter - and neat too that we get to envision Killian so at ease, happy, looking younger and with fewer cares now. Also, I got such a kick out of his playful teasing when he woke up. Of course he could get Emma that stirred up and flustered that quickly! What woman could resist?

So much of this chapter was just a lot of fun to read, and it covered a lot of entertaining ground that I didn't even know I was missing. From Emma's gutter thoughts to her realization that Hook had thrown their fight at Lake Nostos to his humble inability to deny it, to Snow's subtle ways of testing him to her getting Killian to hold baby Neal, I really liked all of it SO MUCH. This part was especially well-done: "When Mary Margaret came back carrying a completely unnecessary baby blanket she hadn't really needed to fetch, she suppressed a grin at the sight she was privy to; Hook did look a little clumsy with the baby bundle in his left arm, but he'd steadied and secured Neal with is hand on the child's stomach. His head was turned to the earnest little baby face as he murmured, and he was actually carefully rocking the infant in his arm. 'Quite the cutthroat pirate,' she thought in amusement." That image is quite the lovely one to hold in my mind's eye. :) Also, I really loved the "Come on, Neal...Uncle Killian has to go and do some hero business now."

And the creepy, wailing wraith version of Maleficent appearing at the edge of the woods was definitely a good way to give us some tension and suspense in this segment as well!
TutorGirlml chapter 6 . 6/22/2016
It's really effective at showing just how far they've come and just how desperately they are drawn to each other now that they've gotten a taste, when you show them not even being able to get back inside Killian's room before kissing the breath out of each other. And it's especially telling that Emma can't wait to get him alone again, that she's the one who's really frantic. I love that things have come to be fully reciprocated and out in the open between them. Her "I missed you and I've been wanting to do this all day," pretty much says everything perfectly.

I almost loved this little segment: "He focused on her face and saw so much hunger, passion, and yes, LOVE there - and part of him still couldn't believe that this was all for him, and only for him. Suddenly, he understood that he hadn't spent the last three hundred years seeking his vengeance; he'd spent them waiting for this woman."

How much more perfect can Killian Jones be than when he stops just to enjoy his love's laughter? You capture wonderfully here just how affected Emma is by his caring and gentle adoration. Lovely moment of Killian truly beginning to help Emma get used to being "loved simply for who she is"!

Sweet too how much Killian does truly care about Emma's parents and not making things awkward with them for her. Of course he's actually quite impressed with and fond of Bandit Snow - a pirate could certainly appreciate her daring adventures. Cute that Emma tells him not to worry, but hopefully he will get a sweet, reassuring moment with Snow herself.

My favorite part was probably toward the end though, when Killian let Emma help in removing his hook and she then traced her fingers over where the skin was reddened from the pressure of the brace - so soft and caring, and the trust between them in this moment is wonderful. Then how she whispers 'I love you' to the silent room, knowing she feels it and needing to hear herself say it and her realizing just how right and natural it did feel. Plus, Killian's huge smile int he dark as he hears her words - how could that fail to warm a reader's heart?
TutorGirlml chapter 5 . 6/22/2016
The conversation you wrote between Emma and Regina here made me wish that they could have this manner of exchange more on the show. It reflects their basic truce and way of relating on the show now - but you got them there much more quickly and with a lot less snark and drama! It's nice to see how that would have gone without the whole unnecessary Marian/Zelena mess that brought more conflict than was needed.

I really liked how well you handled David's generally already having accepted Hook without totally losing his protective father instincts either. I love he and Emma's canon relationship, and I love when fics draw on it well as you did here. I think so much of Hook being okay in David's eyes is seeing the change in his daughter because of the pirate, the sadness that isn't hiding behind the happiness in her eyes anymore.

Also, I got quite the kick out of Killian teasing/flirting/playing with Emma there at the station and her getting all flustered at not being able to resist him but not wanting to show it because her dad was right there. So fun to read! :)

Loved the part where Emma was thinking she would help him see and accept who he really is, just as Killian has done for her, and her suggesting that he spend time with Henry, assuring Killian that Henry likes him. Very nicely done!
TutorGirlml chapter 4 . 6/22/2016
My goodness, the start of this chapter is so "feelsy" in several wonderful and truly affecting ways, Hook's gentle awe and adoration at waking up to Emma beside him, head on his chest, hand on his stomach, and the way he brushes her hair back just thrilled to be there with her and thinking that he has helped to put that smile on her face, is so lovely! But then, Emma waking up to find him no longer in bed and the fear that she's alone again made my heart ache for her.

Loved that Killian understands her panic, and that even though he is upset she could still fear he would leave, he's more determined than even to prove to her otherwise. Then it goes steamy, flirty, fun, and I loved his "that's a good girl" there in the shower scene.

Also, I was really a fan of her seeing him without the hook - caressing, studying, asking questions, but no disgust or making him feel worse - very genuine and loving. I had a lump in my throat at his wish that he had the other hand for her, but her reassurance there was wonderfully well done also.

You really touched me with Emma and Hook gazing into each other's eye and her thinking he must know, has to know, even if she hasn't spoken her ILY in words yet. This whole section is lovely: "And she saw again in his eyes what she'd seen the night before when he'd uttered those three words to her and she'd been too choked up to reply, even though she'd desperately wanted to. He knew. he had to know. And again, he was far from demanding anything from her. That realization made her feel so free and safe like she'd never felt before...they could see the exact same moment shining in each other's eyes, a connection of souls, and it was the most intimate moment either of them had ever experienced."

I was so glad you gave Killian a moment of such happiness to throw back his head and laugh heartily - and at her playing back. Really enjoyed the use of "this is where the fun begins" in that moment! :)

Loved MM getting why Hook works for Emma, and how you used that conversation to highlight the parallels their relationship has with her parents' - lovely confirmation for Emma!
jdmusiclover chapter 12 . 6/20/2016
-Henry’s looking for an apartment for the three of them. I love that! I also love that he’s looking near the harbor because Killian would like it. He not only accepts Killian in their lives, he’s actively taking his tastes into account when thinking of their future.
-Lol, the landlord not being Henry’s Grandpa Gold is definitely an added bonus!
-Aww! I love that Henry made arrangements to go with Killian to get him a cell phone!
-Another nice Killian/Snow interaction there!
-Killian is still a little apprehensive about his place in Emma’s life. I’m glad she took the time to reassure him that she really does want him with her and Henry as they look for an apartment. I liked their kiss, and Henry’s disgusted reaction.
-The apartment sounds nice—and perfect for their family. The view from the master bedroom is exactly what Killian would love.
-I like that Emma feels a little bittersweet about moving away from her family—even if she’s still living in the same town. For the first time in her life, she had family, and it makes sense that she would feel a bit sad about not living with them anymore.
-Aww! I like that when she brings Killian up to her bedroom and asks him if he likes the view, he says yes…obviously talking about her.
-I like Killian’s reaction when he actually sees the view, and I love that Emma asks him to watch the sunrise with him…often.
-I was hoping she’d invite him to live there with her and Henry! I love how honored he is when she gives him the key. I also love how happy Henry is with the new development.
-“Better rise and shine, you bilge rats!” Haha, Hook’s really rubbing off on Henry. I like the way Hook and Emma tease each other (and David) after Henry interrupts them.
-Aww! I love that you end this with both of them wanting to have a baby together!
-Lovely story!
TutorGirlml chapter 3 . 6/17/2016
Whew, first off, I don't know how well I can really review in detail such melting hotness, but I will say, there were a couple of small detail things that I loved. I loved how you mentioned Killian having to touch her hair at every opportunity, how he's been draw to its golden softness since the beanstalk. That's a trait I've always imagined when I write him as well. And secondly, I really loved that you gave Emma the chance and the desire to run her hands all over his chest and through his chest hair and really marvel at and appreciate him. He see him respond that way to her so often in fic, but I liked that she was so blatantly reciprocating. That chest of his bears definite appreciation... ;) His reaction to her as well, arching into her touch, and that "you don't know what you're doing to me" - lovely, that we get that from him as well as her.

Other than that, I'll just say (hopefully without blushing!;) that is was so amazingly steamy, but deeply emotional too. Wonderful that Killian felt free to tell Emma he loves her at the end, and that even though she doesn't say it back, she doesn't freak out and run either. Loved this: "Emma slipped into his embrace immediately, draping her left arm over his chest and her leg over his, capturing him like an octopus and wanting to make sure he stayed right where he was. But she knew he wouldn't be going anywhere. They were both home."

Amazing! I'm really excited to read the rest of this. I'm loving it so far.