Reviews for The Rescue
bluefeather22 chapter 10 . 9/9
This was an amazing story. I love the detailed characters and the under-lying guilt or tension they feel about aces death. Seriously the story was perfect. I loved the more mature Luffy. I think it makes sense he would be more focused to save ace for real this time. Love Usopp and the scene with his father and I think Makino was just adorable. You made my day with this story. Thanks.
Neemarishima chapter 10 . 4/6
This. Is. Beaitiful.
I love the fact that it talks about Makino and her baby (whose still unknown now) and on top of it, it is taken after Heed the Siren's Call or should I say the holly fanfiction of Shanks-Makino? Because it is. This could be said as a great sequel.
Makino is still lovely and steady. I love her character more. Smoker and Tashigi's appearance is a good element too. I can't expect for another marines. The interaction of the Straw Hats is lovely, along with Luffy-Makino. She really looks like a mother figure for him. I like how Ace attracts Luffy in a way that he can't describe before he learnt his name. They just bond to be brothers. Your Luffy here is adorable. And yes, the ending is great! An open ending that still brings the feeling of new adventure. I dont know how will they meet each other in the future but I hope it will be great.
Thank you so much for the story!
Neemarishima chapter 10 . 4/6
This. Is. Beaitiful.
Thank you so much for the story!
Tobalerone chapter 10 . 8/3/2018
So cute!
Kronikankirjoittaja chapter 10 . 4/20/2018
This story was nice to read. I'm happy that Makino and her son are safe :).
Kronikankirjoittaja chapter 8 . 4/20/2018
I liked that Tashigi and Smoker were nice to Makino and her son :).
Kronikankirjoittaja chapter 3 . 4/20/2018
Hahaha! I really liked Smoker's excuses XD.
Kronikankirjoittaja chapter 2 . 4/20/2018
Oh, it's him. Well, at least he isn't destroying any walls this time.
nequam-tenshi chapter 10 . 11/24/2017
That was a perfect ending! I was expecting Sabo to show up but the scenes were well written.

Regarding the "Heed the Siren's Call" by missmungoe, they wrote an extended (by 40K words) and rewritten version of the story on Archive Of Our Own (Link works/ 6428275/ chapters/ 14714743).
Kiwi5595 chapter 10 . 1/6/2017
Great story. I especially enjoyed the parts with Smoker and Tashigi, but I hope to read a little more about Shanks and his reactions to everything. Hopefully you'll get to finish this story completely in the not so distant future
Anon chapter 10 . 8/12/2016
oh my, this was beautiful. I especially love the ending with usopp, always has a soft spot for him.

lol smokey though, you low-key strawhats supporter. Love how you write him and tashigi, the respect between them and the strawhats both canon and in fics are something i always love. (that's why i'm a bit bitter with fujitora).

Ahhh kinda hoping to see makino's meeting with shanks though, hehe
IdioticLaptopUser chapter 10 . 7/11/2016
"HAT!"
ThIS WAS BEAUTIFUL AND SO CUTEEEE
mariposa1999 chapter 10 . 4/21/2016
Please try to continue the story i love those stories who talk about shanks and makino s family and what added fun to it is the fact that there is somewhat an interaction between uso-chan and yaso-kun i love them
Thorn D. Cinni chapter 10 . 3/18/2016
Deleted scene?
BlindieMac chapter 10 . 3/12/2016
This was so good! I got chills when Usopp declared himself the sniper of the future pirate king!