Reviews for Children of Circumstance
Ribke D'Crazy chapter 10 . 10/24/2014
Awww, Vades' first force choke!
Lizabethia chapter 1 . 7/19/2014
oOo Anakin on a ship with the fiance of Padme?! Not good! Interesting twist to gaps in AOTC plot! Love it! Fav line: Anakin thinking WWOD? What Would ObiWan Do. Ha!
QueenNaberrie chapter 24 . 12/8/2013
So sweet. :,) BRAVO!
J.R chapter 24 . 6/4/2012
I've come back to read this fic three times now; it's such an awesome AU story. Thanks for taking the time to write this!
brooklynturtle chapter 24 . 4/2/2012
Whoa. I'm speechless. Need I say more?
ClaMiAl chapter 24 . 3/9/2012
Oh, wow! I love this fic. The Anakin/Padmé relationship was beautifully described. This one definitely goes on my favourites list.
IS chapter 1 . 6/14/2011
Interesting start.
Star Dust of Ancient Novae chapter 24 . 5/15/2011
cool
Tenages chapter 24 . 4/7/2011
It was well written and poetic. I felt your characterizations, however, were weak. Obi-Wan wasn't at all believable and didn't ring true to his characterization in the movies. Padme's again, didn't ring true. It felt like you decided to take her character directly from the evening conversation on Naboo and ignore any further character developement that had happened.

Also I didn't like your take on the Jedi Order. If they were as reactionary and bullying as you make them out to be, there would be a hell of a lot more than the "Lost 20." In your efforts to create and show a conflict between Anakin and the Order you've rendered them little more than a caricature.

Also, I thought your politics could use work. There's no reason to believe that alliances and treaties in Star Wars are formed through marital alliances. It's difficult to legally enforce and doesn't feel like the Star Wars universe. Also, it makes absolute zero sense for Naboo, a planet predicated on democracy to agree to them. Furthermore, the Nabooan fear of incurcsion by the Dlains didn't really make much sense. The Republic is at war with an army. The Supreme Chancellor is a native of Naboo. Any threat to the planet and he'll instantly be sending a fleet. Naboo is in one of the most secure positions of any planet in the galaxy.

All criticisms aside, it worked pretty well as it's own story. However, you contend that it's a follow up to your two earlier stories, and it's just not consistent with the tone or actions taken in them, especially in Hour of Souls.
kihakukage chapter 1 . 10/9/2010
interesting
Senatorial Jedi chapter 24 . 4/9/2010
Wow, just wow. Can I just say that you should be a starwars author, that was so in character and so well written i cant express how good it was. You have a great talent, going to your profile to read more lol May the force be with you always! 10 out of 10 loved it!
ibelieveintruelove chapter 24 . 3/12/2009
Ahh I love this story! All of your characters and their relationships are so real and heartwrenching. Anakin and Padme's love is so strong, but I fear what will happen to them. And Little Bale is so sweet! I love her :-) I'm actually almost done with the sequel Winds of Change, when I realized that in my hurry to find out what happened next I had forgotten to leave a review, lol. So here's one now: I love your work! :D
Vas Happenin 1D13 chapter 1 . 8/30/2008
cool
Jonathan Drake chapter 24 . 6/25/2008
To the worthy author of an illuminating journey through this dark forest-

The ample stylistic elegance of your work makes me smile (pay attention, "When the soul flies, so do the feet."). Greater still, though, than those perceptively written moments of elation and disappointment in Padme's and Anakin's fortune-tossed lives is the deeply responsible thought surrounding your presentation of the Star Wars story. It is so very important to think about what is important.

I think I detect considerable influence from Paradise Lost here and possibly The Comedy. How hard humanity has wrestled with destiny and free will! Have you read Consolation of Philosophy?

The Anakin in me hates you for sending the "forbidden" couple down the canon road to destruction, assuming I've not lost my way while reading. The Padme in me is determined to ameliorate that anger, at least until I see where the sequel goes. I only regret being 6 years tardy in discovering it.
Hokage-sama Naruto chapter 24 . 6/8/2008