Reviews for Passing Seasons
Guest chapter 10 . 8/17/2018
A beautiful story!
Aslan's Daughter
awilliamsbbc.98 chapter 10 . 11/30/2017
Well, here I am three years later :-)
This story wonderful. From the first sentence to the last it is a gracious and beautiful tribute to the world of Narnia and its young kings and queens. At times I utterly forgot I was reading fanfiction and felt the same wonder as when I read the Lion the With and the Wardrobe for the first time. At other times I forgot I was reading at all; I was living in the world you described so beautifully. Your original characters are so well rounded and entertaining, your plot and sub plots are original and well executed, and everything about this story is quintessentially Narnian. Definitely going in my favourites, and I will doubtless return to read this marvelous tale many, many times.
Thank you for this!
Cheers,
A
Chasm-chan chapter 10 . 10/22/2017
Man I really enjoyed reading this story over the last 2 days. I love how you covered each of the siblings personal issues and how the plot went (don't want to say spoilers lol)

But man did you have to give me feels for the princes? XP Oh what could have been...

Lol

Anywho, I wanted to just let you know how much I loved reading this golden age story and I'm so thankful you finished _
MissPollyPlummer chapter 10 . 2/17/2015
I greatly enjoyed this. Thank you. :)
sailor68 chapter 10 . 11/26/2014
Great story, thank you for this! I was wondering about Philipp, the Talking Horse who is obviously missing in this story. Would he not have insisted to accompany Edmund?
ResOmnesBeneFacere chapter 10 . 11/21/2014
What a great way last chapter. I like the balance you strike between triumphant closure and the reality that life will go on- Calmorene reformers will keep dying, and winter is still coming.
I may have mentioned this before, but I really liked your depictions of the Calmorenes in general. They could definitely been developed more, but I thought them being set up from the beginning as doomed figures was very well done. Can also sense the difficulty they would have in changing Calmoren. It always bothers me when people think that Rabadash and/or Susan could hand-wave away something as abominable but deep-seated as slavery, so this was refreshing in its reality.
Finally, what was your overall theme in writing this? I felt it was about the growth of the Pevensies as rulers and people, but I don't want to miss anything.
NorseGodLoki chapter 1 . 11/3/2014
Well done. You have real writing talent. The highest praise that I can offer you is that you manage to capture some of the essences of C.S. Lewis as you are telling the story. That's not an easy thing because of Lewis' Wordsworth type stylization and prose. Your intimacy and knowledge of the Narnia stories is quite evident as well and it immerses the reader back into the world a Narnia once again. I read these stories and many others to my son when he was very young and he still loves them to this day. Keep writing and I do look forward to reading further. Keep up the good work!
Cosette 24601 chapter 10 . 10/30/2014
I love your take on Tash! Probably not what CS Lewis was intending at all, but it was so much more beautiful!

I love how Narnian the story feels. It feels like it could really be inserted into the series.

It feels like nothing much really happened though. I mean, stuff did happen, but there is no overall change that I can see from the beginning of the story and the end.

I love how Peter decided to keep the rock. That's so cute!

Are you hinting at Ishamiel and Lucy being a thing?

You're welcome :) It was well worth reading!
Cosette 24601 chapter 9 . 10/24/2014
A bit of a climax here in terms of plot development, but it still feels rather incomplete. I'm not sure if just one more chapter will really give this story a feeling of completion. This problem likely stems from how hastily you wrote it though.

The interactions between the dwarves and Ed are great.

I love how you describe things. You really have a knack for setting up a full scene.

The suicide part was... creepy... but really interesting

Haha I love it when Susan unexpectedly saves the day. Go Susan!
ResOmnesBeneFacere chapter 8 . 10/17/2014
Beautifully written as always. I agree with the other commenter that it's unusual but should be natural to see opposition to the Pevensies' reign.
I don't know if this was intentional, but Teucer did an excellent job of sidetracking Edmund into an entirely different topic than that which they were going to discuss. I definitely feel that the centaur had the better of that discussion (not that it's a bad thing; it's life).
Cosette 24601 chapter 8 . 10/13/2014
Another great chapter! I've always been skeptical about the Pevensies just sweeping in and taking over control. It seemed a lot like imperialism. And also racism (or specism?) that humans were considered superior based solely on them being human.

Not sure what your point was with the criminals scene.

I love how Peter began praying! I've always wondered about that. It seems likely they would pray to Aslan, but we never see that.

Only two more chapters? I feel like you're still setting up the story...
Calyn chapter 7 . 10/5/2014
"Forgive me for my words, Sire," said Dorick rather hesitantly. "But you are High King. It is within your duties to oversee these things, and perhaps to sacrifice such wishes in the name of Narnia."

THANK you, Dorick, for being the voice of reason.
Cosette 24601 chapter 6 . 9/29/2014
Susan's methodical approach seems very appropriate for her.

Kinda surprised Susan would accidentally bring up a common dog reference this late into her reign, knowing that would lead to awkward questions that she shouldn't answer. Especially since you seem to be characterizing her as an accomplished diplomat (unless I misread that?).

Interesting to see Peter admit his faults. I like how you show that there's constant room for improvement.

They might be surprised to hear that the Pevensies were completely common, but wouldn't they make rotten kings and queens if they left their kingdom for another one? And then the Narnians would be fearful that the Pevensies would choose to return to rule over their supposed home kingdom...

I'm not sure whether you intended it to be humorous or not, but the bit with the pear made me laugh! (Thus getting strange looks from my roommate).
ResOmnesBeneFacere chapter 5 . 9/22/2014
My favorite part was Susan's letter: elegant, but very...I think grounded is probably the best word. She comes across as very close to the events and people, rather than being obnoxiously distant in "caring" for her subjects. It made me think of monarchs like Louis IX of France, who would wash the feet of beggars.
And that was really interesting how you set up mirroring situations for Peter and Lucy.
Cosette 24601 chapter 4 . 9/17/2014
Interesting how we had a moment of almost dark Edmund threatening to make the dwarf's death hurt worse. I wonder if that's just a one time thing or is it going to develop into an interesting inner struggle?
Ahhh finally some real plot and direction to the story. I'd been kinda wondering about that.
I love Susan here. You managed to balance her as a caring sister and as a fierce queen. And she seems like quite the logical, practical one, true to canon.
I hope we do see Lucy as a leader later on though. But I totally get where Peter and Susan are coming from. They came of quite like parents in that part.
Susan's voice sounding "almost meek" was interesting. Is there something more to that?