Reviews for Passing Seasons
Cosette 24601 chapter 3 . 9/8/2014
Yes! A fanfic which actually captures the essence of Narnia! Very impressively so too. It's hard to replicate the speech patterns found in HHB.

And I love your descriptive language. Your words paint a beautiful picture.

I hope you remember to have character development though. The story seems to be more about the picture of Narnia you are creating than about any character, so that worries me. I haven't gotten a clear picture of any character's personality quite frankly. They all feel like strangers so far. Granted, it is only chapter 3, but it's something to keep in mind.

Is this going to go into HHB? The various characters mentioned seemed like you may be.
ResOmnesBeneFacere chapter 3 . 9/8/2014
Interesting to see many of the minor characters being developed; for example, Clodsey Shovel in the first chapter and Ilgamuth and Bar in this chapter.
I like the nuanced view you've shown so far of the Calmorenes-lack of slavery being unknown to them, their courtesy, and the cutthroat competition amoung the offspring of the harem possibly driving their actions. I hope you continue with this; I think too many fics forget these aspects and make Calmorenes into flat, one-dimensional, cackling villains.
ResOmnesBeneFacere chapter 1 . 9/6/2014
Wow, there's so many amazing things in this story that seem to be sadly lacking in the fandom:
-worldbuilding, with little details such as Narnia not having marble;
-a sense of the differences, both subtle and obvious, between different species;
-a mature writing style that doesn't rush into the plot;
-A TOURNEY! , not one of the ever-present balls, and with an excellent reason behind the royal expenditures.
I have one issue, though, and that's the length of the chapter. I think it would be better to split it in two; I've had this bookmarked for a long time but didn't have the time to read and appreciate it.
18 | « Prev Page 1 2