Reviews for Break of Dawn
Figgy Bonbon chapter 1 . 8/27/2014
Fair warning I am not a fan of short works but the summary of this offering tickled my fancy so against my better judgement I clicked on it and I can tell you now that I'm glad I did. Laguna is one of my favourite characters and in characterising him you did a bang up job and I found myself laughing out loud at his many eccentricities, not to mention the brief mention of my favourite FF character ever; Zell.

I write a lot (some might say too much) material for this game meaning I have to write for Squall and (please don't hate me for this) I've never particularly enjoyed it because I still see him as an insufferably, surly bastard but that's just me. Given the date this was published I suspect you are Squall fan and I have to say you characterised him flawlessly and knocked it out of the park.

Across the board I really enjoyed this work and found it to be funny and astonishingly poignant in equal measure. I hated you for ending it when you did but now I think on it that was a pretty good move. Top marks.

9.5 out of 10

Ally

P.S. As for it being 90% improv, improvisation is an art form in my opinion and it is also woefully underwritten.

P.P.S. If you've got the time I'd appreciate if if you could look over my stuff (you'll need a while) and tell me what you think.

P.P.P.S. Actually now I think on it, if you're a fan of Squall or Rinoa and their relationship it probably isn't the best idea. Skip to Hell Still Waits (tee hee!)

P.P.P.P.S. Sorry for the numerous post scripts.

P.P.P.P.P.S I really am gone now.
forest owl princess chapter 1 . 8/26/2014
This was really cute and felt very true to Squall and Laguna's characters. Good job!
18 | « Prev Page 1 2