Reviews for The Once and Future Bat
The Apple's Pie chapter 7 . 7/14/2014
There are too many feelings to contain
Rassilon001 chapter 7 . 11/11/2010
I’m sure more than a few would’ve enjoyed seeing a crossover such as this, because it’s been tried (and failed) on many occasions, but you manage to pull it off beautifully.

Special praise must be allocated to Kruger, of course. He makes for a delightful villain to both Bats, and a wonderful addition to their gallery of rogues with his eyesight issues and manic personality. His fate was fitting. Speaking of which, the story ended wonderfully, in a classic ‘reset’ motion that keeps it wonderfully canon. Very, very nice move.
VeltaIO chapter 7 . 11/24/2004
Just barely started reading when I was struck by the wonderfully descriptive writing. The characterization of Bruce was spot on. The first action scenes came to life before my eyes. I knew I was going to ejoy the story and have now started this review. I will continue commenting as I read. I am sure I am going to want to ask you to return to Batman in some incarnation to write more.

I couldn't force myself to pause as I was reading for commenting, I must say that in my opinion this is one of the best stories I've found to date - of professional quality. I' think I will leave it at that since you asked reviewers to avoid spoilers and I think if I tried to provide any more specific comments I would be unable to avoid providing some.

Though enjoyable neither of the other stories by you that I have read have come close to this quality. I don't know anything about Daria and so skipped those. The ST is just a joke. The other Batman Beyond was also above average. The writing was excellent, but I was distracted by my dislike of some of the characterization and felt a bit let down by the ending. I would however enjoy finding out what happens to that version of Terry - but you've already stated that you're not going there.

I do hope you will return to Batman in the future because, as I said at the beginning, in this story I feel you have the characterizations and dialogue of both Batmen down pat.

Great job and please please please return to the characters
NSW chapter 7 . 12/4/2003
this is really great!
seacreatureadvanced chapter 7 . 12/1/2003
i loved this story! it is, by far, the greatst batman beyond fic i've read. it's way cool. it was getting to the point where your story almost made me cry. you're an awesome writer and i hope that you will have more batman beyond fics in the future.
Lizeth chapter 7 . 2/5/2003
Very well written!

It's so hard to find good Batman Beyond fics, I'm glad I found this.
Ryoko Lasgalen chapter 7 . 1/17/2003
Hey, I love your story, I like how you handled Bruce's character :)
Rowan Seven chapter 7 . 12/6/2002
Wow. This story of yours is incredibly impressive. The characterizations are some of the best I've seen in the Batman Beyond section. You nailed Bruce Wayne down to a 't', and Kruger was a surprisingly effective villain. The others were done well. Perhaps even better than the characterizations, though, is the way the story is told. You skillfully employed POV, and Bruce's perspective as he deduced what was going on when confronted by elements of the future was very engaging and captivating. Despite the reader's knowledge of who and what the "new" Batman is, this story still retained a fresh and interesting feel. The character interactions were fantastic as well, resulting in some very emotionally painful and touching scenes, particularly Terry's chat with Alfred. The ending was a bit on the predictable side, but unless you wanted to completely rewrite the Batman universe the options were severely limited so it still works out fine. Bruce's acknowledgement of Terry as Batman was also touching and felt very appropriate. Superb job.
Morrolan chapter 7 . 12/3/2002
This is a realy good story. I loved it very much.
Broken Angel chapter 7 . 11/29/2002
whew. it's done.

it has been a long while that someone had me on my toes to grab all parts of a story, as well as waiting really anxiously for the next part...*chuckle* anyway. I found this to be extremely well written and thought out, you had Bruce down to a T. I don't know Terry that well, but I think you got him as good, too.

When I started to read the last part, I was curious as to how you would have it end - and I'm glad you brought both of them back to normal. well, normal for them anyway. The only thing I'd love to see/hear, is what exactly Bruce did when he went back in time to save himself...maybe that's an idea for a sequel? *s*
Mina chapter 7 . 11/28/2002
This story was fantastic! Just about everything in it ROCKED! You did an amazing job of mixing the original and Beyond bat w/o making it cheezy and silly! Please write some more stores.
Reikson chapter 7 . 11/28/2002
I have a challenge for you, and I hope you will spread the news, my dear. I issue a challenge, in which I will give kudos to the best fanfic author who can write a Batman Beyond/Birds of Prey Crossover.
BBfan chapter 7 . 11/28/2002
This definitely was a pleasure to read. Your enthusiasm for the characters and the desire to tell a good, well-rounded story is evident. I'm sorry to say I didn't quite get the ending-I guess I was expecting you to explain it a little more using some of that wonderful sounding technical jargon you're good at. One suggestion that would help me sink into your story more is if you could slow some scenes down-dwell more on emotional aspects the characters are dealing with. Ex. When Terry was rocketing away from the cave I was surprised he didn't hesitate more before heading to Gotham knowing all the lives he would be endangering. There must have been more going on inside his head than what you mentioned. Anyway- this was a very good piece of fiction and I thank you for your efforts creating it and sharing it with us!
smile7499 chapter 7 . 11/28/2002
excellent ending. you did a great job with this. bravo
Taynna chapter 7 . 11/28/2002
personally, i enjoyed this story and i hope that some of your other ideas do manage the transition into posted fics.

i know it ended the only way possible (i certainly didn't want nightwing to be dead, he's one of my favorites), but the part of me that doesn't care about time theory kinda wishes they could remember it a little. i think my only 'critique' (and it really isn't one) is that i would have like to have seen terry interact with the barbara and tim of the past, everyone in beyond was so closed mouthed that i don't think he ever really understood what the height of the bat years were like.

and anyone who writes a time travel fic and credits dr emmet brown, must be totally cool (and definitely lived through the 80s...)